Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 670

Thread: COLD & BLACK & INFINITE & OMG IT'S HERE - The NIN Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    any update on this?
    I looked at the programming guide this week and was unable to discern where/when NIN might be broadcast. Not that it would have mattered to me personally anyway, because I would've only been able to capture an identical quality SD web stream. I'm just hoping someone in Spain who has the capability to capture 1080i TV broadcasts got it. There were a couple people who posted some of those Mad Cool captures in 1080 on Dime. I don't know how they'd know when the NIN set was broadcasting though, if at all.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I looked at the programming guide this week and was unable to discern where/when NIN might be broadcast. Not that it would have mattered to me personally anyway, because I would've only been able to capture an identical quality SD web stream. I'm just hoping someone in Spain who has the capability to capture 1080i TV broadcasts got it. There were a couple people who posted some of those Mad Cool captures in 1080 on Dime. I don't know how they'd know when the NIN set was broadcasting though, if at all.
    Fingers crossed. Really hoping for something HD with higher audio quality. The lower quality really shows when i listen to it in my car.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    The lower quality really shows when i listen to it in my car.
    I agree. 128 Kbps should sound better than it does. It sounds like it went through a couple different encoding passes on its way to the web stream.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I looked at the programming guide this week and was unable to discern where/when NIN might be broadcast. Not that it would have mattered to me personally anyway, because I would've only been able to capture an identical quality SD web stream. I'm just hoping someone in Spain who has the capability to capture 1080i TV broadcasts got it. There were a couple people who posted some of those Mad Cool captures in 1080 on Dime. I don't know how they'd know when the NIN set was broadcasting though, if at all.
    I asked the network and they told me that the NIN concert will be broadcasted on August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    i asked the network and they told me that the nin concert will be broadcasted on august 26 at 23:50 spanish time.
    hallelujah

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if the NIN camp is aware of the fact that TM and LN are permitting inflated resales on their sites?

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I wonder if the NIN camp is aware of the fact that TM and LN are permitting inflated resales on their sites?
    That ship sailed when they elected not to require ID to match names on tix and not to reasonably limit how many tix individuals could buy. The "in-person for the fans" only works if you implement appropriate safeguards to prevent scalping, which I submit was not done.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    955
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    That ship sailed when they elected not to require ID to match names on tix and not to reasonably limit how many tix individuals could buy. The "in-person for the fans" only works if you implement appropriate safeguards to prevent scalping, which I submit was not done.
    Yeah, it was a good experiment that had it's heart in the right place, but had a flawed execution. It would have also been nice to know that we'd have no trouble getting tickets online so that people didn't drive several hours to wait in line for several hours for a ticket (or overpay for them on StubHub or eBay) when they could have simply waited a couple weeks and got the same tickets online for the same price. I still think the system they used where they printed your name on the ticket is the most successful method to weed out the scalpers.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,036
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I still think the system they used where they printed your name on the ticket is the most successful method to weed out the scalpers.
    That system always made me paranoid because all the people I see NIN with live in different places and there was always the worry that if I couldn’t go I not only lost out myself but scuppered everyone else’s chances too. It would be perfect if only they were less draconian in not allowing you to transfer the tickets to somebody else’s name.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    955
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That system always made me paranoid because all the people I see NIN with live in different places and there was always the worry that if I couldn’t go I not only lost out myself but scuppered everyone else’s chances too. It would be perfect if only they were less draconian in not allowing you to transfer the tickets to somebody else’s name
    I know exactly what you mean because I had the same fear back in 2013 for the Tension tour. It turned out fine, but yeah, that’s the only problem with that method. I had my friend in Portland, OR buy the tickets for that show in case I wasn’t able to make it for some unforeseen reason and I bought the tickets to the MN show.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    for the archive here...
    Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    for the archive here...
    Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour.
    Calling it now. They’re going to play Purest Feeling.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    for the archive here...
    Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour.
    I'm hoping one of the shows is very cover-heavy.

    David Bowie - Subterraneans (mixed with Pinion) as the opener, with Robin playing the guitar part of Pinion with a sax.
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock n Roll (performed by Trent Reznor & The Nine Inch Nails Band)
    Sade - Smooth Operator
    Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
    Men at Work - Who Can it be Now?
    Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
    Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are
    George Michael - Careless Whisper
    Spandau Ballet - True
    David Bowie - Modern Love
    Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song
    Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - [I've Had] The Time of My Life

    For all of the songs where Trent is playing sax and should also be singing, an animatronic Trent will perform the singing parts with pre-recorded vocals and motion-capture movements.
    For the finale, a secondary animatronic Trent rolls out onto the stage to sing the Time of My Life duet with the other animatronic Trent, while organic Trent plays the keyboard and sax.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    That ship sailed when they elected not to require ID to match names on tix and not to reasonably limit how many tix individuals could buy. The "in-person for the fans" only works if you implement appropriate safeguards to prevent scalping, which I submit was not done.
    I have 3 thoughts here:

    1) As a former scalper, if prices are high enough I have no problems going to the venue, walking someone in, and eating the cost of the other ticket. The biggest loss is to the fan that didn't get the seat because the scalper used up the ticket to walk in his customer.

    2) As a NIN fan, I have been burned by this so many times due to various ticket upgrades or emergencies, forcing me to sell 1 ticket below cost and eat the other one.

    3) The presale tickets do look cool though...

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I'm hoping one of the shows is very cover-heavy.

    David Bowie - Subterraneans (mixed with Pinion) as the opener, with Robin playing the guitar part of Pinion with a sax.
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock n Roll (performed by Trent Reznor & The Nine Inch Nails Band)
    Sade - Smooth Operator
    Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
    Men at Work - Who Can it be Now?
    Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
    Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are
    George Michael - Careless Whisper
    Spandau Ballet - True
    David Bowie - Modern Love
    Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song
    Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - [I've Had] The Time of My Life

    For all of the songs where Trent is playing sax and should also be singing, an animatronic Trent will perform the singing parts with pre-recorded vocals and motion-capture movements.
    For the finale, a secondary animatronic Trent rolls out onto the stage to sing the Time of My Life duet with the other animatronic Trent, while organic Trent plays the keyboard and sax.
    I'm okay with more covers as long as the sets are 25 or more songs. If it's the standard 20, one cover a night should do. Personally, I just want to see them do Atmosphere live.

  16. #646
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,189
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    As a former scalper, if prices are high enough I have no problems going to the venue, walking someone in, and eating the cost of the other ticket. The biggest loss is to the fan that didn't get the seat because the scalper used up the ticket to walk in his customer.
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?

  17. #647
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post

    1) As a former scalper...
    I have to give you serious props for not only admitting to it, but admitting to it on ETS in a tour thread!

  18. #648
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?
    Price tickets high enough to begin with to remove profit potential, or create additional tiers to have very expensive tiers as well as very cheap tiers. Scalping works because tickets are sold for less than what they're worth to begin with.

    The least profitable shows from a scalping perspective are the big AAA shows since the tickets face value are so high ($250++) and there are only so many whales out there. Conversely, the most profitable shows to scalp are the $30-$50 shows with incredibly high demand. Ticketmaster Auctions also worked to kill scalpers, since they basically became the scalper.

    Also, the common process of not announcing all your shows in the same city at once is very brutal to scalpers. I have mixed feelings on things like AXS waiting room. Basically playing lotto.

    Note: I have no idea how the big boys with their bots and stuff do it. I'm sure that their CC points pay for very nice vacations though.

    I have to give you serious props for not only admitting to it, but admitting to it on ETS in a tour thread!
    Being a NIN fan and a capitalist pig isn't mutually exclusive - I hate myself for what I've become.


    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.

  19. #649
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.2.883
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Personally, I just want to see them do Atmosphere live.
    Agreed, we got a tease at Echoplex but they abandoned it...

  20. #650
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The live machine gets back into gear this weekend with a festival stop in Korea, before heading to their first visit to Thailand next week! After that, it's two festival gigs in Japan before they break for the beginning of the official CBI tour in Phoenix.

    I'm pretty sure there won't be any broadcasts from Pentaport or Sonic Mania/Summer Sonic, but I'd love for someone local to prove me wrong.

  21. #651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I will be refreshing setlist.fm regularly, but sadly I think there won't be much of merit to see there. I expect pretty safe setlists that will resemble what we got in June & July. Makes sense bc they're playing parts of Asia they don't get to much (or ever in the case of Thailand right?).

  22. #652
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,226
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Vegas had the wildest sets I’ve been lucky enough to see. The nature of festivals and international markets they haven’t been to in years makes me feel like they’ve intentionally been doing the type of show people who never get to see them would want, and it’s still had a healthy mix of some of the more interesting cuts. CBI will probably be close to what we saw in June but I have my fingers crossed since it’ll be a lot of repeated venues and the first full tour for the whole trilogy. New York, Chicago and LA feel the most likey to get some rarer tracks since they have so many dates in the same town (and Red Rocks always gets something special). I’m still so happy we get to all complain about sets again because the dry spell after 2014 hit me hard, being the first gap I got to experience after seeing them for the first times.

  23. #653
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,235
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm pretty sure there won't be any broadcasts from Pentaport or Sonic Mania/Summer Sonic, but I'd love for someone local to prove me wrong.
    Summer Sonic is usually broadcast on Wowow TV. At least a couple songs and sometimes full sets.

    I know Pentaport has been radio broadcast in the past.

  24. #654
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,360
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    These upcoming Festival sets will be more or less like the other gig we've had from Madrid; but if they livestream again, that'd be great, particularly since the archival footage of the first stream wasn't very good quality. What I'm really interested for, video-wise, is if they do an onstage video shoot (maybe with Donny McCaslin guesting?) on some of these upcoming U.S.A. dates for the Bad Witch music video that still hasn't come out...
    Last edited by botley; 08-10-2018 at 11:07 AM.

  25. #655
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, California
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looking at Instagram it seems like the band is playing the 2017 Festival setlist in South Korea right now. Brook Linder is still on the stage and filming for the video screens and I'm starting to wonder if we're gonna get something out of all of this footage but then I remember with NIN that's a long shot. It would be nice if we got a stream out of some of these shows in Asia but I doubt it happens.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-11-2018 at 08:02 AM.

  26. #656
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Digital was played. Typical Festival set.

  27. #657
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm has nothing can stop me now remix of piggy, can anyone confirm? Wouldn’t surprise me as Cold Black infinite is shaping up to be wave goodbye redux.


    Edit: nope found an instagram video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmV3YAuA...d=oqvlr8ctg4bt
    Last edited by tricil; 08-11-2018 at 09:49 AM.

  28. #658
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    He came downstage during Piggy! Audience went crazy.
    Daaamn! I always wondered if he still did that or not. It looked like he was coming close to doing that at the Royal Albert Hall show in London while I was up at the front, but it looked like he had second thoughts right at the last second. I was like "wait, is he gearing up to coming down" and then... nope... I got excited there for a split second. Good to know he still comes down once in a very blue moon.

    I remember being at the Toronto show in 2005 for the With Teeth club tour, and Trent JUMPED off the stage and into the mosh pit. Gone are those days. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore, he'd probably throw his back out doing that, haha.

  29. #659
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,360
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I remember being at the Toronto show in 2005 for the With Teeth club tour, and Trent JUMPED off the stage and into the mosh pit.
    One of my all-time favourite NIN memories.

  30. #660
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    One of my all-time favourite NIN memories.
    Oh shit, got a video of that ? What was the track ?

Posting Permissions