Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is badass.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    In the last interview posted over in NIN Spotting Trent specifically said he makes festival sets to be more accessible and is approaching the runs like Vegas as shows for diehards. There’s no point in pre-judging the C&B&I sets off of festivals, and if you lived in a market where they almost never tour, these sets would be incredible.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, once they get back I probably won't be on ETS at all to avoid spoilers. Got my second Red Rocks ticket in the mail today, and once paypal is done processing money transfers I'm getting a pair for night 1 in Brooklyn. This is going to be an amazing next few months for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lucked out seeing the first show of the tour--even if I want to see the setlists (which history dictates I would, against my better judgment) I won't be able to.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I've been seeing clips of this on social media and it looked like a spectacular show.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Looks like the whole band was psyched to be able to watch MBV after they were done. I think this short Asian tour has been alot of fun for the fellas. Robin's been posting his versions of touristy photos on IG again like a madman.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmXN5ajhmB/

Damn looks fun

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I am not sure I've ever seen info about the stage lights before the actual tour.

https://www.livedesignonline.com/con...-infinite-tour
    Last edited by m0reta; 08-23-2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spel chik

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I am not sure I've ever seen info about the stage lights before the actual tour.

https://www.livedesignonline.com/con...-infinite-tour
    Not that I was expecting anything elaborate, but pretty sure that’s the same stage design they’ve been doing since last year.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time, supposedly. Not sure which channel, but probably La 2 or 24h
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    The channel will be La 2.
    Confirmed on the broadcast schedule now too. Broadcasting on La 2 at 23:50 tonight (12 hours from now). @StockAvuryah or anyone can you record it?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not that I was expecting anything elaborate, but pretty sure that’s the same stage design they’ve been doing since last year.
    Last year there was a whole elaborate side-lighting array on each wing that they got rid of (it didn't do much except cut off extreme sight-lines).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Last year there was a whole elaborate side-lighting array on each wing that they got rid of (it didn't do much except cut off extreme sight-lines).
    Yeah, that was executed at the Bakersfield show and Trent decided to shit can it ASAP. If it looked as bad as it did in person as it did the internet videos I’m glad he did.

NIN/Trent and company have a great reputation for their production. I’m glad he either goes big with it (Fragility, LITS, Tension) or something relatively simple (NINJA/WG, 2017-2018).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, that was executed at the Bakersfield show and Trent decided to shit can it ASAP. If it looked as bad as it did in person as it did the internet videos I’m glad he did.

NIN/Trent and company have a great reputation for their production. I’m glad he either goes big with it (Fragility, LITS, Tension) or something relatively simple (NINJA/WG, 2017-2018).
    This is true. I ran into one of Trent's tour tech's the day after Bakersfield at the airport. I would have never known, having the guy never came up to me asking if I was at the show (I was wearing a NIN shirt). Either way, he said Trent absolutely hated the setup and decided to scrap it after that show and go back to square one, saying that was the day in the life of a NIN tech. One day Trent wants something, and the next day before a big show, he scraps it all and says they're starting over, hahaha.

Much like an interview I read on here from Atticus where he was like "The day before Vegas, Trent hands me a paper with 23 more songs to "maybe" add into the setlist, and when Trent says "Maybe we should try and add these" he means "We're adding these songs too, whether you like it or not" good times.

Trent just changes things on the fly keeping everyone in a scramble. You're never safe when you're in the live NIN touring camp. Plans can change with the drop of a hat.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Confirmed on the broadcast schedule now too. Broadcasting on La 2 at 23:50 tonight (12 hours from now). @StockAvuryah or anyone can you record it?
    I'm working on it. But if anyone can too, do it. I might not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's scheduled to be broadcasted on Sunday night, not tonight, so about 27 hours from now.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    It's scheduled to be broadcasted on Sunday night, not tonight, so about 27 hours from now.
    Yeah, I read the schedule wrong. I talked to someone on Dime, and they're all set to record it. They even posted the promo here:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I read the schedule wrong. I talked to someone on Dime, and they're all set to record it. They even posted the promo here:
    On "Dime", what's that ? And it looks like they know what they're doing. Feels alright.

edit : oh didn't know there was a tracker for that
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 08-26-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @TheBang I got a feed in FHD that works very well for the moment, from this link : https://www.iptv4sat.com/download-at...TrMLwfu5TiqZSY

Edit : and I got a guy that can record it in full quality now. nice.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 08-25-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Looking forward to a clean HD broadcast of that festival appearance (plus, I can even up my ratio on Dime). Kudos to all involved getting this captured.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I can't wait to have this in HD. This performance was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight at 23;45, spanish hour, The full gig is going to be played at The Channel La2, spanish tv.
    Can somebody record It, please?

Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know at least a user from a Spanish message board intends to record it both in SD and HD. I hope he doesn't have the same massive cuts and dropouts I'm having, but I know it's just my TV reception.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmXN5ajhmB/

Damn looks fun

Holy shit he went into the crowd! I was thinking the other day when was the last time we've seen him do that? It's been years from what I can remember.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    I know at least a user from a Spanish message board intends to record it both in SD and HD. I hope he doesn't have the same massive cuts and dropouts I'm having, but I know it's just my TV reception.
    Got a link ?

So far we have someone from Dime

Someone from your message board

Someone I know

Now we wait and pick the best one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a link ?

So far we have someone from Dime

Someone from your message board

Someone I know

Now we wait and pick the best one
    La 2 tv didn't stream the concert via the internet for copyright reasons, only plain old TV

I have some bad news: they cut Hurt again.

I'll post something when when this user puts the recording out there.
    Last edited by Shunt; 08-26-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    La 2 tv didn't stream the concert via the internet for copyright reasons, only plain old TV

I have some bad news: they cut Hurt again.

I'll post something when when this user puts the recording out there.
    Well shit that's awful.

I got my file. It's 3.7GB, which looks good. Currently uploading it. Theorically 1080p.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They cut Hurt again and they added signs for the titles of the songs, but the concert looked amazing in full HD and there was no pops in the audio this time. Can't wait to watch it again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Download link with a bit of ads before a bit after, needs trimming :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0...H5fedNngqoLI5S

.mp4
    Video : 1920x1080, 6048 kb/s
    Audio (for some reason there's two audio channels, but the best has this) : 48000Hz, 191 kb/s

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Download link with a bit of ads before a bit after, needs trimming :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0...H5fedNngqoLI5S

.mp4
    Video : 1920x1080, 6048 kb/s
    Audio (for some reason there's two audio channels, but the best has this) : 48000Hz, 191 kb/s
    Awesome, thanks. Can you post, or PM me details about how exactly you captured this? I want to compare with others to figure out which is the best version to keep.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    FYI, the Dime upload is, unfortunately, garbage. It has tons of artifacting. In fact, I put an upscaled copy of the original webcast side by side with the Dime capture, and, frankly, the webcast looked as least as good as, if not better than, the Dime capture. I can't imagine what happened, but I suspect there was a re-encode somewhere in the capture path with a really inferior encoder.

Especially because @StockAvuryah 's capture looks really good. I've only looked at it briefly, but there is no significant artifacting, and the image quality is crisp and detailed. I'm going to look over this stuff a bit more, but this one looks like the one to keep.

Update: A couple caveats, it appears to be interlaced (1080i, though I imagine that's how it was broadcast), and the audio track is MP2, I think? The audio on the Dime capture is E-AC3, so I'm still going to have to look into it more.