Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Ahead of Ourselves is on YT for those clamouring for a sneak Bad Witch preview.
    Spoiler: Tambourine!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    These set lists are so different. Each night offered something cool.

Because Night Two was essentially the same as Riot Fest so I had already seen it (and I think it might be my favorite set list I’ve seen live), I’d have to say Night Three is my favorite among the three. AoO sounds like a fucking killer!
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-17-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Come on, Night Two was just vanilla NIN, fucking awesome but still the regular NIN show you could catch any given day. Nights one and three are there real fucking dope shit. #3 Set-List is simply incredible, the first thing I did when I woke up was search for it and I almost couldn't believe in what I was seeing because it's a near perfect setlist. If only Trent could start really dropping Hurt and favoring something like Right Where it Belongs to close out... but that's just me being too picky, I guess.

Damn, I only hope that everyone saying this is a farewell tour (at least for a long time) is so wrong

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    Right Where it Belongs to close out
    OMG. This needs to happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Love the variation I'm seeing in all these setlists. Makes me glad I'm going to all three nights in Chicago. Can't fucking wait.
    I wish I was going to all 3, but I'm pretty happy about the 27th regardless. Im hoping it will be like this last Vegas show.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit. Ahead of Ourselves sounds insane live and I cannot wait to hear a proper version of this track.

That chorus is intense ... it has the potential to be one of my favorite NIN songs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I like what they've done with the music but I am not a fan of the vocals at all. Digital is my favourite Joy Division song.
    Out of curiosity, what didn't you like in particular about it? I actually thought it was a pretty good cover as a whole.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like in particular about it? I actually thought it was a pretty good cover as a whole.
    The vocals; I just thought the singing wasn't good. Which is odd as Atmosphere and Dead Souls are spot on.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Head like a hole wasn't played last night. Has that ever happened? I feel like its played at every show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    First, I’m so happy for everyone who got to experience this amazingness.

But as someone who experienced night 1 and 2, then had to head back home and watch the set list unfold over Twitter, I am filled with jealousy. Still feel incredibly grateful for two fantastic shows this past week, but I’d probably trade both nights to witness this one. I look forward to listening to audio when it surfaces.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw what opened was @Sarah K wishing for it to be the opener. Good for her lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    First, I’m so happy for everyone who got to experience this amazingness.

But as someone who experienced night 1 and 2, then had to head back home and watch the set list unfold over Twitter, I am filled with jealousy. Still feel incredibly grateful for two fantastic shows this past week, but I’d probably trade both nights to witness this one. I look forward to listening to audio when it surfaces.
    I know exactly what you mean. I’m really trying hard to be grateful and mature, but it’s been hard to not feel salty and jealous. Oh well, bad luck I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    Damn, I only hope that everyone saying this is a farewell tour (at least for a long time) is so wrong
    He's said in interviews that they're not gonna go on huge tours anymore to avoid the burnout. Maybe we'll get fewer shows per year moving forward, but that's a hell of a lot better than NO shows!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I kind of wish that NIN.com had a voting system where you could vote for the top 3 songs you’d like to see, or maybe pick set list 1, 2 or 3 for your specific show(s). The system would be based on songs they can, or are willing to play. That way it’s not 5000 votes for TPD at every show haha. Beach House has done this voting system stuff since 2014/5, and it’s been really cool for the fans. I got a track I voted for at the show I went to. Not saying it would be a perfect system, and I know this tour is about “playing what we want to play” etc

*this post brought to you by the fact I’d vote for Parasite every day between now and the Chicago shows

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Head like a hole wasn't played last night. Has that ever happened? I feel like its played at every show.
    Sonisphere 09 and Reading 2013 are the only ones that come to mind.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Sonisphere 09 and Reading 2013 are the only ones that come to mind.
    The May 13, 2007 show in Melbourne is also missing it; I just listened to the bootleg a couple days ago and was shocked it was missing HLAH. Trent cut Hurt early because of obnoxious assholes in the crowd and about 30 seconds after THTF ended, the house music came on.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Now that I’m home and feel like I’ve been in car wreck, I feel so sad these 3 Vegas shows are over. I went back and forth about going to all 3 but I’ve regretted skipping a show in the past and I didn’t want to take the risk. So damn worth it.

Hearing Ahead is Ourselves live was super fucking exciting. Now...do I do only 4 or all 6 LA shows 🤦🏻♀️

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Now that I’m home and feel like I’ve been in car wreck, I feel so sad these 3 Vegas shows are over. I went back and forth about going to all 3 but I’ve regretted skipping a show in the past and I didn’t want to take the risk. So damn worth it.

Hearing Ahead is Ourselves live was super fucking exciting. Now...do I do only 4 or all 6 LA shows 臘♀️
    do all of them! i am still clinging to faint hope they add on seattle toward end of tour. that last night in vegas has incredible setlist. night 1 is up on the live archive, downloading now. i would've done the trip but some health issues wouldn't allow. makes me sad. hopefully i'm on the rebound but jury is out. at least a month of hell left. so, cool to live vicariously through tapes & here. i have a friend who is going to the meldown show. i got offered a ticket for robert smith's show there but sadly am not in shape for it. not to mention wouldn't have been smart financially right now. maybe i'll rally & come down to LA. is a good goal to have!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    I kind of wish that NIN.com had a voting system where you could vote for the top 3 songs you’d like to see, or maybe pick set list 1, 2 or 3 for your specific show(s). The system would be based on songs they can, or are willing to play. That way it’s not 5000 votes for TPD at every show haha. Beach House has done this voting system stuff since 2014/5, and it’s been really cool for the fans. I got a track I voted for at the show I went to. Not saying it would be a perfect system, and I know this tour is about “playing what we want to play” etc

*this post brought to you by the fact I’d vote for Parasite every day between now and the Chicago shows
    Muse did a by-request show back in February. It resulted in a setlist of epic proportion. Only deep deep cuts.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/...-23ee74e7.html

NIN has the catalogue to do this but I feel like Trent would never do such a thing. Just not his style to not be in control of the situation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    do all of them! i am still clinging to faint hope they add on seattle toward end of tour. that last night in vegas has incredible setlist. night 1 is up on the live archive, downloading now. i would've done the trip but some health issues wouldn't allow. makes me sad. hopefully i'm on the rebound but jury is out. at least a month of hell left. so, cool to live vicariously through tapes & here. i have a friend who is going to the meldown show. i got offered a ticket for robert smith's show there but sadly am not in shape for it. not to mention wouldn't have been smart financially right now. maybe i'll rally & come down to LA. is a good goal to have!
    Best of luck to you! I hope you can be well enough to attend some shows 🖤

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Muse did a by-request show back in February. It resulted in a setlist of epic proportion. Only deep deep cuts.

NIN has the catalogue to do this but I feel like Trent would never do such a thing. Just not his style to not be in control of the situation.
    Could you imagine? "....and we have broken the million mark with requests for Perfect Drug...."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I think he probably thought of that idea, if I had to guess but that would probably have to be a special fan club show or something. I know they did an exclusive show for members of The Spiral back during the With Teeth tour but it wasn't a request setlist. Trent always seems to try and find something cool for fans.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-17-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Half the song would be the moody emos asking for Still and half would be the moody goths asking for Complications of the Flesh

I still like the Electric Six method, have a kickstarter for a weird release, and an expensive reward is simply choose the encore, any songs from the back catalogue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Very much enjoying LV-3 setlist. Approving of Joy Division, Numan, Bowie and HTDA covers - with Digital being especially exciting. Feeling sad that Numan being LA based now he won't turn up in London.
    I'm not a huge fan of Year Zero, but a Great Destroyer / Good Soldier one-two is extremely appealing. GBDTD is still not quite clicking for me, but after only a brief listen to Ahead of Ourselves I'm totally down with that. Mind you, I would be sad at getting Hurt over Head Like A Hole, but you can't please everybody.

So leading up to London shows... I did have some expectation that RFH would be different to RAH, just because it's an unusual venue, but I think we can assume that both days will get entirely different sets and I now wish I'd coughed up for the RAH too. Can we assume that the material covered at LV over three nights will represent all the material they've got lined up for this tour? Guessing standard festivals will get the more conventional setlist, along the lines of LV-2, and everywhere else will get a mixture of the rest. Hmm... *heads to ideal setlist thread*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From what I understand they did not let people in with tubes BUT they were selling tubes at the mercy table and tons of people had them inside the venue.
    Correct. Could not bring outside tubes into the Vegas shows. But for $5 you could buy a new one each night. Sucks but hey at least your poster was protected. Better then not having any tube at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think considering that NIN are very good at mixing up setlists anyway compared to the vast majority of bands, it's not that important to demand a by-request setlist. Sure, there are some things we haven't seen live for a long time/ever, but I'm likely to bet that these are for good reasons rather than Trent deciding to be a twat or lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post

I know the size of the concert isn't anywhere near the same, but Metallica did this when I saw them in 2014.

Buying a ticket got you a vote, and the result was all the hits the average concert-goer wanted to hear, Master of Puppets, One, For Whom The Bell Tolls etc with not a single rarer song, just the average Metallica set. I remember people being furious about it at the time. Turned me off the 'Request Set' idea completely. (Although they were still Metallica, so it was still pretty great!)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't understand why people are concerned about tour spoilers, or finding out that a new song has been debuted live.

i'm very passionate about not getting spoilers for narrative things (tv shows/movies/books) but i can't for the life of me understand why it matters when a band is touring to know what they have played at a show. especially since it seems like they're going to be mixing it up a lot on this tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Correct. Could not bring outside tubes into the Vegas shows. But for $5 you could buy a new one each night. Sucks but hey at least your poster was protected. Better then not having any tube at all.
    I’d brought a tube from home and since I was staying at the hotel it was easy to just take it upstairs and not worry about it. Taking in that poster without a tube would have indeed sucked.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Best of luck to you! I hope you can be well enough to attend some shows 
    thanks!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    For the love of all that is holy, someone please confirm that there's an audio recording of Night 3 that will eventually surface. I swear I saw @ScreamingSlave mention that they were able to get 1&2, but I don't think I've seen any mention at all of Sunday's mind-melting setlist being captured.