Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Correct. Could not bring outside tubes into the Vegas shows. But for $5 you could buy a new one each night. Sucks but hey at least your poster was protected. Better then not having any tube at all.
    I bought a tube at Friday’s show and then brought the same tube with me to Saturday’s show - and nobody said anything to me about it. There were several other people in line who did the same thing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    43 unique songs in three nights. The three nights in Vegas had more unique songs than the Tension 2013 tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    43 unique songs in three nights. The three nights in Vegas had more unique songs than the Tension 2013 tour.
    The Tension 2013 tour was also an entirely different (and much larger) band putting forth an entirely different experience.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For the love of all that is holy, someone please confirm that there's an audio recording of Night 3 that will eventually surface. I swear I saw @ScreamingSlave mention that they were able to get 1&2, but I don't think I've seen any mention at all of Sunday's mind-melting setlist being captured.
    All 3 nights were covered no worries I am asking if someone can help me score a cat poster and Saturdays poster the normal 30$ one as night 3 I had to get right to my spot and I missed merch really need Saturdays poster for my set.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trying to compare Tension to the 3 LV shows is totally apples & oranges. A better comparison would be Wave Goodbye or maybe Performance 2007.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    All 3 nights were covered no worries I am asking if someone can help me score a cat poster and Saturdays poster the normal 30$ one as night 3 I had to get right to my spot and I missed merch really need Saturdays poster for my set.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    SOMEONE GET THAT POSTER. (I got nothin'; busy on the other side of the country at the moment)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Trying to compare Tension to the 3 LV shows is totally apples & oranges. A better comparison would be Wave Goodbye or maybe Performance 2007.
    Obviously. I was just pointing out the insanity of it. The tension tour had 35 dates. So far we have higher variety in three dates. Which is what a lot of us on here alluded to before the tour started.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it me or Trent's voice is in really good shape? Seems secure enough to do the valsetto in The Big Come Down. 'Only' chorus also sounds good or at least better than previous tours. Any other songs you guys hear improvement? Or songs where he sounds worse? Or maybe it's been too much time without watching NIN live videos from my part.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Is it me or Trent's voice is in really good shape? Seems secure enough to do the valsetto in The Big Come Down. 'Only' chorus also sounds good or at least better than previous tours. Any other songs you guys hear improvement? Or songs where he sounds worse? Or maybe it's been too much time without watching NIN live videos from my part.
    It's hard for him to do the scream in Burn but other than that his vocals/vocal delivery is in THE ZONE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    His vocals are great. They always have been. Obviously he's not going to sound as good as he did 10 years ago, and that is fine. He has adapted his voice and delivery to the music since. I do wish I could have seen them in 2005-2007. I think that's when his voice was at it's best.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, please don't get me wrong. Don't want to sound like I expect his vocals to be like 10 or 20 years ago. I'm actually surprised that he now sings like the album in parts he adapted in previous tours.

This lineup also is the ultimate NIN band. I'm so glad Robin returned 10 years ago to stay.

My only complaint, if I may, is that I really dislike Survivalism and TBOTE. They must be fun to perform and to listen to in the show but... meh... But again, don't get me wrong, I won't even attend any shows, just sharing my thoughts on the new tour. Now back to enjoying Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, please don't get me wrong. Don't want to sound like I expect his vocals to be like 10 or 20 years ago. I'm actually surprised that he now sings like the album in parts he adapted in previous tours.

This lineup also is the ultimate NIN band. I'm so glad Robin returned 10 years ago to stay.

My only complaint, if I may, is that I really dislike Survivalism and TBOTE. They must be fun to perform and to listen to in the show but... meh... But again, don't get me wrong, I won't even attend any shows, just sharing my thoughts on the new tour. Now back to enjoying Bad Witch.
    I've seen Survivalism several times, I could do without it. Would love to see TBOTE though. Year Zero is my favorite NIN record and it's not close really, so.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Survivalism and Came Back Haunted should get jettisoned permanently.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Survivalism and Came Back Haunted should get jettisoned permanently.
    I could totally do with Came Back Haunted not being played...but I kind of like Survivalism live. Its definitely not a bad song to have on a setlist, although I would take anything from The Fragile over it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Personally, I think Survivalism KILLS live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I've been noticing that too! I think around 2008 and 2009 his vocals sounded so deep ... but his voice has been really great lately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Personally, I think Survivalism KILLS live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.
    My mom calls Survivlism "the headbanging one" cause she is bad with name and can't remember the name of the song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those Vegas setlists are fantastic! Metal is such a cool and unexpected way to open a show, and seeing I Do Not Want This and the Good Soldier in there was a surprise too! I wonder if the band will play more covers at the upcoming gigs... it would be awesome if Memorabilia or more Joy Division showed up in the set!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm listening to the 6/13 bootleg right now (thanks so much Tapeworm!) and I retract my previous agreement with the person who said that set sucked. The set is a blast to listen to so far (on March of the Pigs) and I can't believe how good the entire band sounds as well as Trent's voice in particular. His voice sounds clearer stronger, and like it has more range than I can remember.

I'm getting more and more excited for Friday's release of Bad Witch and the Red Rocks shows! My obsession with NIN--which I thought died back in 2010-2011--is back in full force.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    personally, i think survivalism kills live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.
    Fist! Plan! Suh-vivalizzzm!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    From the NYTimes interview

We have to rehearse Copacabana's chorus to sing to Trent at the next show. Just so he questions his sanity a little.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Due to my intense love of Bad Witch and the whole trilogy, I just bought a ticket to one of the Brooklyn shows, so I'm now seeing them 3 times in October. I'd go all four nights but I've been off work for awhile and have some debt, and I don't want to feel guilty. I got the cheapest ticket even though much better seats are around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of the most surprising takeaways both me and a friend had from the 2013 show we saw was how apeshit everyone went during Survivalism. Put both March of the Pigs and Wish to shame, which I couldn't have predicted.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Survivalism is dope as hell live. Same thing with 1,000,000. They are okay on the albums to me, but both of them get me excited as shit live.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Thinking about Meltdown & I have a strong opinion that “Shit Mirror” will be in the set as well as “Ahead of Ourselves” & GBDTD. As far as the homage to The Cure, is “Halo” too obscure for NIN to cover?

Hope it gets recorded for the archive.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Thinking about Meltdown & I have a strong opinion that “Shit Mirror” will be in the set as well as “Ahead of Ourselves” & GBDTD. As far as the homage to The Cure, is “Halo” too obscure for NIN to cover?

Hope it gets recorded for the archive.
    I can't for the life of me picture Trent singing Halo lol. I'd absolutely lose my shit if they cover something heavier like The Kiss, or Give Me It, or 100 Years though. Sinking would be amazing, too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    A live NIN cover of Hanging Garden would drive me nuts -- Ilan on those drums would kill. I could also see Trent's voice lending itself really well to From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea.

Alternatively it'd be hilarious if he trolls everyone by having Burn on the setlist only to do the NIN song and not The Cure's.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I can't for the life of me picture Trent singing Halo lol. I'd absolutely lose my shit if they cover something heavier like The Kiss, or Give Me It, or 100 Years though. Sinking would be amazing, too.
    Fascination Street would be my pick.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Do any of yall know if any of the summer festivals will be livestreamed?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I am super excited for our UK/EU breatheren. I hope everybody has just an awesome experience as we Vegas attendees! I know I'll be here refreshing this thread and other media like the addicted dork I am! Stay hydrated and don't let line drama get to you. ;-)