Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Live intros for 1,000,000, Burn and Mr Self Destruct in 2009 were so fucking good.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Songs in rotation I hope to hear:

I'm Afraid of Americans
    I Do Not Want This
    Metal
    Shit Mirror / Ahead of Ourselves / God Break Down the Door
    Even Deeper
    TDTWWA
    Santicified
    Something I Can Never Have
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)

Songs that could probably show up soon I hope to hear / wishful thinking:

She's Gone Away
    Not Anymore
    Play the Goddamned Part
    Over and Out
    Mr. Self Destruct
    Help Me I'm in Hell
    Dead Souls
    Into the Void
    The Line Begins to Blur
    Deep
    Ruiner
    Please
    No, You Don't
    La Mer

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Well I mean, that's like predicting the sky will be blue today or that politicians will say something stupid
    Yeah, but everyone was assuming a special guest at either RFH and/or RAH and we all know how well that panned out.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I dropped a message on the MAD COOL topic. My Spanish is terrible, but I understand there’s streaming and NIN is mentioned too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like NIN may or may not stream from NOS Alive. I'm not sure if it'll happen or what just keep an eye out. The whole time zone thing fucks me up so I'll probably just watch it later if it does stream.

https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/alive-palco-nos
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-12-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can we get these festivals over with already? k, thanks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hopefully they stream it and NIN plays The Background World. I NEED a soundboard quality recording of this

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I think this NOS Alive broadcast schedule means no NIN:

http://media.rtp.pt/nosalive/outros/...ao-na-rtp-play

Though it sounds like there could still be updates to the list. But, I wouldn't hold my breath.

OTOH, Mad Cool stream is confirmed:

http://www.rtve.es/television/201807.../1763920.shtml

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like NIN hit the stage at Nos Alive about seven minutes ago. Couldn't find anything online regarding the stream.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    OTOH, Mad Cool stream is confirmed:

http://www.rtve.es/television/201807.../1763920.shtml
    So, a little more info on Saturday's stream. I think there is a high probability that it will be region restricted, so if you want to watch it live, you may want to investigate some Spanish VPN options now. The first chance to test it is tomorrow at 23:50 (local time) when Arctic Monkeys should be broadcast and streamed, I believe.

RTVE will be posting information about the stream using the hashtag: https://twitter.com/hashtag/La2esM%C3%BAsica

Finally, if there's anyone in Spain here who can capture TV broadcasts, I think 24 Horas channel will be broadcasting NIN sometime between July 23-26. A TV capture would probably be better quality than a web stream.

Edit: It looks like TunnelBear has a Spain endpoint. You get 500MB of data free, plus an extra 1GB if you tweet a link after installing it. That should be enough to stream the concert, especially at the lower resolutions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Edit: It looks like TunnelBear has a Spain endpoint. You get 500MB of data free, plus an extra 1GB if you tweet a link after installing it. That should be enough to stream the concert, especially at the lower resolutions.
    ProtonVPN recently added several servers in Spain. Those are meant for paid users, but if I'm not wrong when you create an account you should be able to test the premium servers for a week.
    Additionally, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN always offer a free tier of their services, so everyone who's concerned about mass surveillance and online privacy should definitely try them out

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't really understand technology things, but I hope someone can work out capturing the stream from Spain. If not, I'm hoping the gap in legs for this tour means we'll get at least one full video up on the official YouTube. Is it right they were only really filming the new songs on stage? I remember seeing cameras on stage at Meltdown, but I wasn't paying that much attention to what they were doing. I do wonder though if this will just be footage to use for part of a music video, if indeed one was being filmed as per that Instagram post.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That RTVE site seems to work for me on my tablet without doing anything. Looks like this is channel where Arctic Monkeys will be played so I'll check back in about 5 hours to verify.

http://www.rtve.es/directo/la-2/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    That RTVE site seems to work for me on my tablet without doing anything. Looks like this is channel where Arctic Monkeys will be played so I'll check back in about 5 hours to verify.

http://www.rtve.es/directo/la-2/
    Yup, works for me for now, but they can (and do) apply region restrictions on a per-program basis, so probably best to be prepared just in case. Also, I'm not sure exactly where/how NIN is going to be streamed, because it's not going to be broadcast on one of the TV channels, but it should be similar.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yup, works for me for now, but they can (and do) apply region restrictions on a per-program basis, so probably best to be prepared just in case. Also, I'm not sure exactly where/how NIN is going to be streamed, because it's not going to be broadcast on one of the TV channels, but it should be similar.
    Copyright confirmed. No streamy w/o some fakin'. :-)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Copyright confirmed. No streamy w/o some fakin'. :-)
    Using a Spanish VPN does not help, the stream is simply not available online

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    Using a Spanish VPN does not help, the stream is simply not available online
    Nope. The Arctic Monkeys stream is working for me using TunnelBear, so it appears that it is region restricted, and I imagine NIN will be also.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Nope. The Arctic Monkeys stream is working for me using TunnelBear, so it appears that it is region restricted, and I imagine NIN will be also.
    you're right, it's now working for me as well using ProtonVPN. I tuned in a bit too early I guess

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    you're right, it's now working for me as well using ProtonVPN. I tuned in a bit too early I guess
    Thanks, will try this. I don't know why festivals don't just do a low priced pay-per-view option to up their revenues.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Thanks, will try this. I don't know why festivals don't just do a low priced pay-per-view option to up their revenues.
    I don't think it's a matter of paying. I think it's a matter of broadcast rights.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Uggg. Apparently the Spain option for ProtonVPN requires an upgrade from the free plan. Sigh. (Which you state in an earlier post that I didn't read).

Edit: I set up TunnelBear. The VPN seems to be working but the stream itself says it can't be streamed only for copyright reasons (does not say it is a country issue). If anyone has it working at the time NIN is on, I would really appreciate any tips.
    Last edited by sinspots; 07-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Uggg. Apparently the Spain option for ProtonVPN requires an upgrade from the free plan. Sigh. (Which you state in an earlier post that I didn't read).
    you should be able to get a 7-days trial for all the premium servers when setting up an account for the first time.
    You can also get a one-month subscription for just 5€ in case you're already a ProtonMail/ProtonVPN user and your trial has already expired.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Edit: I set up TunnelBear. The VPN seems to be working but the stream itself says it can't be streamed only for copyright reasons (does not say it is a country issue). If anyone has it working at the time NIN is on, I would really appreciate any tips.

Tonight the stream isn't working for me with TB but it IS working with Touch VPN which is a Chrome extension.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Perhaps it will work without a VPN afterall?

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/st...55474183979008

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's working for me right now (QOTSA) with no VPN.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The woman speaking between songs is irritating. (QOTSA)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is Josh going to give that kid a pick?! (QOTSA)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Is the stream working for anyone else? Here, right?

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/p...-live/3658810/

Edit: Looking at the console, the streaming playlist is giving a 404 error. I guess that's because it hasn't started yet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I assume that one will start when NIN are on.