Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anyone can record it?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm pretty sure there won't be any broadcasts from Pentaport or Sonic Mania/Summer Sonic, but I'd love for someone local to prove me wrong.
    Summer Sonic is usually broadcast on Wowow TV. At least a couple songs and sometimes full sets.

I know Pentaport has been radio broadcast in the past.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These upcoming Festival sets will be more or less like the other gig we've had from Madrid; but if they livestream again, that'd be great, particularly since the archival footage of the first stream wasn't very good quality. What I'm really interested for, video-wise, is if they do an onstage video shoot (maybe with Donny McCaslin guesting?) on some of these upcoming U.S.A. dates for the Bad Witch music video that still hasn't come out...
    Last edited by botley; 08-10-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looking at Instagram it seems like the band is playing the 2017 Festival setlist in South Korea right now. Brook Linder is still on the stage and filming for the video screens and I'm starting to wonder if we're gonna get something out of all of this footage but then I remember with NIN that's a long shot. It would be nice if we got a stream out of some of these shows in Asia but I doubt it happens.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-11-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Digital was played. Typical Festival set.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm has nothing can stop me now remix of piggy, can anyone confirm? Wouldn’t surprise me as Cold Black infinite is shaping up to be wave goodbye redux.

Edit: nope found an instagram video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmV3YAuA...d=oqvlr8ctg4bt
    Last edited by tricil; 08-11-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjboss View Post
    anyone can record it?
    what's the date and hour again ? I'll try.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    He came downstage during Piggy! Audience went crazy.
    Daaamn! I always wondered if he still did that or not. It looked like he was coming close to doing that at the Royal Albert Hall show in London while I was up at the front, but it looked like he had second thoughts right at the last second. I was like "wait, is he gearing up to coming down" and then... nope... I got excited there for a split second. Good to know he still comes down once in a very blue moon.

I remember being at the Toronto show in 2005 for the With Teeth club tour, and Trent JUMPED off the stage and into the mosh pit. Gone are those days. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore, he'd probably throw his back out doing that, haha.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    what's the date and hour again ? I'll try.
    August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time, supposedly. Not sure which channel, but probably La 2 or 24h

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time, supposedly. Not sure which channel, but probably La 2 or 24h
    The channel will be La 2.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I remember being at the Toronto show in 2005 for the With Teeth club tour, and Trent JUMPED off the stage and into the mosh pit.
    One of my all-time favourite NIN memories.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    One of my all-time favourite NIN memories.
    Oh shit, got a video of that ? What was the track ?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My first show was the only time I’ve ever seen Trent come down for Piggy, back in 06. Good to know he still does from time to time.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Oh shit, got a video of that ? What was the track ?
    Finale of "Piggy", see above conversation. There's no video (this was pre-YouTube) but you can hear it: "NOTHING CAN STOP MEEEE--- (crowd goes nuts)". In my recollection, he took a few steps back at that moment and made a flying leap into the first few rows, then climbed back out in time to play that little kalimba solo at the end.
    Last edited by botley; 08-12-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Daaamn! I always wondered if he still did that or not. It looked like he was coming close to doing that at the Royal Albert Hall show in London while I was up at the front, but it looked like he had second thoughts right at the last second. I was like "wait, is he gearing up to coming down" and then... nope... I got excited there for a split second. Good to know he still comes down once in a very blue moon.

I remember being at the Toronto show in 2005 for the With Teeth club tour, and Trent JUMPED off the stage and into the mosh pit. Gone are those days. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore, he'd probably throw his back out doing that, haha.
    I was watching some videos from the NINJA Tour and Trent went into the crowd during Piggy and left the crowd to sing the "Nothing can stop me now" part as he crawled back onto the stage. Also, he jumped into the drum set during a set closer of Wish with the Dillinger Escape Plan. That whole year was NIN being classic. Energetic and destructive NIN is my favorite.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I was watching some videos from the NINJA Tour and Trent went into the crowd during Piggy and left the crowd to sing the "Nothing can stop me now" part as he crawled back onto the stage. Also, he jumped into the drum set during a set closer of Wish with the Dillinger Escape Plan. That whole year was NIN being classic. Energetic and destructive NIN is my favorite.
    Oh yeah that shit is amazing

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can only imagine how sore Trent was after the drum dive, though. Hell, I'm only in my 30's and that sounds painful.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seems kinda weird so many shows are lacking NTAE songs. After the current run I am done looking at the song set list till after Memphis. I loved having all the surprises on the first night of Vegas, but I feel that show may be very hard to beat in terms of supriseing me. But ya never know.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 08-14-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I can only imagine how sore Trent was after the drum dive, though. Hell, I'm only in my 30's and that sounds painful.
    It sounds painful but I'd probably do it too because I'm stupid on adrenaline especially when it comes to music.

As you all know, .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It sounds painful but I'd probably do it too because I'm stupid on adrenaline especially when it comes to music.

As you all know, .
    Thank you for bringing that video back. Every once in a while that song gets stuck in my head.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    It seems kinda weird so many shows are lacking NTAE songs. After the current run I am done looking at the song set list till after Memphis. I loved having all the surprises on the first night of Vegas, but I feel that show may be very hard to beat in terms of supriseing me. But ya never know.
    I agree. I feel like the setlists are starting to get stagnant and predictable again. He seems to alternate between the somewhat damaged/tdtwwa opener or the brances-bones/wish opener and then he follows a almost identical formula for the rest of the show. Not sure what's with the lack of NTAE songs, you figure out of all the songs from the trilogy, those would be the best ones to play.

I'm shocked that "the idea of you" has not been played yet. That seems like a live staple. Would get the crowd going. "Not anymore" as well. I'm hoping those 2 songs debut for the North American leg. I'm not too interested in traveling down to LA to see the same set. I lucked out heavily by attending the first 2 London and Paris shows. I feel like I got the most varied setlists and then they kind of started to play it safe for whatever reason that is.

I'm assuming cold and black and infinite will be more spontaneous when it comes to the setlists considering there are multiple back-to-back nights in the same city, especially LA. There's no way all 6 of those LA shows are going to be the same. I just hope it's more varied.

To anyone that hasn't seen the show yet though, it's a fantastic show and don't let this post try and make you think I was disappointed. It's a great setlist for someone that hasn't seen a show yet. But for someone who is planning on traveling for a show and attending multiple shows, I wouldn't travel to see this set if I've already seen it already. That's all I'm saying.

I'm going to check out the setlists for the first few nights of Cold and Black just to see what they look like and that will reinforce my decision whether or not to A) fly down to LA and B) buy tickets to another show. So far I just have tickets to the Tuesday the 7th show, but I might grab the 8th if the setlists are "cum in your pants" amazing.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-15-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have been keeping an eye on the setlists and for the most part am happy with what I have seen being played...but I wish there were more songs from The Fragile. Maybe its because thats my favorite album, but I would literally be so pumped to hear anything off it.

Of course, I am just as excited to hear GBDTD live for the first time, Afraid of Americans live for the first time, and many more. I'm going to the two opening nights on the North American tour (Phoenix Sept 13 and 14) and really hope that because they are the opening nights, its special setlists.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Bangkok show, according to setlist.fm -
    Now THATS a setlist i can get behind!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm shocked that "the idea of you" has not been played yet. That seems like a live staple. Would get the crowd going. "Not anymore" as well. I'm hoping those 2 songs debut for the North American leg.
    YES! The Idea of You is well overdue. I'd welcome Not Anymore too, but TIOY needs to happen first. It seems like they've stopped playing Burning Bright for the most part, which is very surprising because it worked SO WELL. At least they're playing Shit Mirror and Ahead of Ourselves consistently. There are a lot of songs I'm looking forward to seeing that I've never seen live before (including I'm Afraid of Americans).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    YES! The Idea of You is well overdue. I'd welcome Not Anymore too, but TIOY needs to happen first. It seems like they've stopped playing Burning Bright for the most part, which is very surprising because it worked SO WELL. At least they're playing Shit Mirror and Ahead of Ourselves consistently. There are a lot of songs I'm looking forward to seeing that I've never seen live before (including I'm Afraid of Americans).
    Couldn't agree more with all of this. The Idea of You is my favourite track on NTAE, maybe even the whole trilogy. And that's usually what happens with Trent's best songs. They get shelved into obscurity making the die hards drool and wait over the chance of them ever being played live. That song would work soooooo good live.

Shit Mirror and Ahead of Ourselves are also both amazing songs, I'm glad they're both staples. They were the highlights of the shows I saw. I couldn't wait for those songs to come on. Both those sound amazing live. Better than the record. Which is the case for most NIN songs in my opinion. Not sure why, but live NIN blows studio NIN out of the water.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And that's usually what happens with Trent's best songs. They get shelved into obscurity making the die hards drool and wait over the chance of them ever being played live.
    ahem The Fragile ahem Were In This Together ahem Demon Seed ahem My Violent Heart

Remember when he played Last for the first time in 2007? This place exploded with joy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    ahem The Fragile ahem Were In This Together ahem Demon Seed ahem My Violent Heart

Remember when he played Last for the first time in 2007? This place exploded with joy.
    I would die happy if I could hear Demon Seen, Last, My Violent Heart, Zero-Sum, We're in This Together, The Perfect Drug (least realistic one, but still), and The Idea of You live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I swear I'm cutting myself off from this thread once the Asia dates are completed so I can be (relatively) spoiler-free when the tour finally hits New York...

...but it's going to be exceedingly difficult.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Man this Sonic Mania setlist is boring. I get it, it's a festival in Asia, and i'm sure people there were losing their minds, but I would be bummed if I saw this...