Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Creepy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    wow that is so creepy! I never thought about kids teeth being in their jaw before. teeth probably creep me out more than anything else and then I googled trypophobia and jesus that was a million times worse. ughhhh thats going to be stuck in my head for a long time.
    Last edited by rhet; 07-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    wow that is so creepy! I never thought about kids teeth being in their jaw before. teeth probably creep me out more than anything else and then I googled trypophobia and jesus that was a million times worse. ughhhh thats going to be stuck in my head for a long time.
    We used to have "nipple seed pod girl" over and over and over in the old version of this thread, and even though it was photoshopped it would creep a lot of people out. Not ME, mind you, but yeah...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yeah, i knew most of what came up when i googled was photoshopped but still. and aside from teeth, most things like ghosts or gore or whatever don't bother me..at work i'm always the only woman who doesn't run screaming away from bugs etc but teeth and dentists..man i can't stand seeing creepy dentist scenes in movies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    & steer clear of those English Muffins! EEEEEEEEeeeeee... *runs away*

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We used to have "nipple seed pod girl" over and over and over in the old version of this thread, and even though it was photoshopped it would creep a lot of people out. Not ME, mind you, but yeah...
    You mean this one? NSFW

The teeth pic I find fascinating though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Thread of Creepy

hahaha I never saw the ANIMATED one!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Kill all the white people!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Oh god, nipple seed pod...here's to another several years until I forget it exists again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's this meseum about an hour north of where I live in Kansas City that's an old Psychiatric Museum built in an actual old Psychiatric Hospital and their crowning jewel is THIS:
    http://www.dailyyarnsnmore.com/mid_l...-contents.html

Among that peice of awesome creeptastic, the basement also features an active morgue that is still used every now and then when other morgues are overbooked. You can walk down into it and they've got a slab open and since it's active it's cold as FUCK. There are also plenty of rooms set up as replica psychiatric rooms with torture devices etc. It's crazy. If god forbid you ever find yourself near the shithole of St Joseph Missouri, I'd highly suggest you check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    yeah....i took some of their other ones too and it was creepy and accurate. then you have to read the information about how these tests came about, equally a creepy story. the guy was commissioned by some doctors overseas...and well, if you have the time read the info because it's very strange.
    I'd really like to read more about the origin of this test. Link, please? Thanks.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Today, I learned about UVB-76, and it's exquisitely creepy. Military application? Doomsday related? Or just some weird scientific testing that, for some reason, has continued for decades and through multiple regime changes with no explanation?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Reminds me to the HAARP project, i even read once the main goal of the project was to control the weather, creepy...

I've been thinking lately about the "Numbers stations", strange spoken broadcasts picked up in short wave radios that repeat a number sequence (sometimes it's a woman's voice, sometimes there's children voices...)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Reminds me to the HAARP project, i even read once the main goal of the project was to control the weather, creepy...

I've been thinking lately about the "Numbers stations", strange spoken broadcasts picked up in short wave radios that repeat a number sequence (sometimes it's a woman's voice, sometimes there's children voices...)

Well, that's just leading me down a spiraling Wikipedia adventure. Another Friday night successfully spent alone, glued to my computer.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well, that's just leading me down a spiraling Wikipedia adventure. Another Friday night successfully spent alone, glued to my computer.
    Welcome to my life! I open one Wiki page and 5 hours and lots of pages later, I wonder where time went. Avoid the "list of..." pages at all cost!

Also: there are many rational explanations but it's still kind of cool and you never know: it might be the real McCoy!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Did you guys hear this one? fuckin creepy!

Also:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Taxi drivers in tsunami disaster zone report picking up ghost passengers

One of the men told Ms Kudo that a woman climbed into his taxi near Ishinomaki Station just a few months after the disaster. She asked him to go to the Minamihama district, to which the driver said there was nothing left standing there.
    The driver recounted that the woman asked, "Have I died?" and, when he turned to look, his taxi was empty.
    *whimpers*

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Last Monday my ex told me a history about a couple she's friends with:

They used to have a "goblin" in their house, it wasn't like a "traditional" one if you could describe it, it would look like "a black dog standing up".
    The creature moved really fast and was always around the house, both persons on the couple were able to see it but were growing desperate of it, so one time they decided to chase it with an axe, but the creature moved so fast it was impossible to catch it.
    It all "ended" when they were at home and they overheard her daughter say: "Hi, who are you...", at that moment they decided to abandon their house for good.

Fuckin' creepy stuff...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ Tell me more.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ^ Tell me more.
    Well i haven't seen her lately so that's all... As far as i know the "Thing" was a presence that kept moving around the house really fast, it didn't tried to do anything else till they tried to chase it with an Axe, gotta ask her if she's talked with them lately...

Also: I recently found this Youtube channel called: "Dad's tapes"; it's some kind of "webseries" about the VHS tapes supposedly found by this guy that used to belong to his dad (who apparently was the Zodiac or had to do with him).
    The videos are short, but very creepy, i liked the idea, it's obviously not real but gave me chills anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/user/DadsTapes

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Last edited by theimage13; 02-14-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Holy shit, i wish i did not look

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Holy shit, i wish i did not look
    Right? Unfortunately, I didn't realize until re-reading the wiki page (AFTER posting it) that they've since figured out who did it, and a whole lot more has been explained. Last I had seen this, there was literally no credible lead whatsoever on who was responsible and all sorts of freaky chaos theories. It takes a LOT to really just unsettle me, and this nailed it. Major credit to the person responsible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Its absurd how creepy this channel can become after a few minutes. Something is just off...and it plays with your mind.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...nel-on-youtube

Its all building up to something.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Its absurd how creepy this channel can become after a few minutes. Something is just off...and it plays with your mind.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...nel-on-youtube

Its all building up to something.
    The use of the word "disquieting" in that article is extremely appropriate. It's not scary, maybe even not "creepy" on a traditional level. But there's just something very....off.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Why did no one tell me that this thread had been resurrected? I was thinking of making something similar. I'm ALL over this shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Why did no one tell me that this thread had been resurrected? I was thinking of making something similar. I'm ALL over this shit.
    We thought you knew? If you're all over it, how about some new content? It's been too long!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i am pretty much a "gentleman of leisure" these days, and having a profound adoration for the esoteric, mysterious, and macabre, spend at LEAST a couple of hours a day looking into these subjects. I even sift through off-the-deep-end conspiracy theories in search of the rare, disturbing bit of god awful truth.
    What i REALLY enjoy is mysteries that can't be solved or debunked.
    I also get into purposely creepy youtube videos and such. I have a veritable mental cornucopia of these types of things.

here are a couple of my all time favorites, as far as, ahem, "art" goes.

Are you guys familiar with Shayne Saint John and the Some people think it's funny, but it scares the living shit out of me for some reason.

is fucking awesome, and i'm fairly certain that it's the same forwards and backwards.

I'd imagine most of you have seen these. I'm just dipping my toes in the water here.
    I could go on about this stuff for hours-youtube videos, alleged incidents, and personal experiences alike, but i will save some for later.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-22-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Not creepy per se, but thinking about these concepts freaks me out when I think about it too much

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'll be honest: none of the above have really creeped me out. (In fact, the hands thing just annoyed the shit out of me.)

But this...this makes me skeptical, but if I read it as though it's fact, it kind of unsettles me.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbergara...k-will-make-yo

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This site is live streaming a supposedly haunted doll for the next two weeks

The Lineup has gotten hold of a doll called Ann who is said to be haunted by the spirit of a little girl who died at the Waverly Hills Sanatorium in the 20s. So they set up a live stream for the doll where you and I can watch to see if she moves or whatever she feels like doing and they are going to conduct tests with Ann. Scrolling down the page will get you to the log detailing what has happened already.

Just the idea of watching a live stream of a doll is creepy to me.

Oh and if you feel inclined, you can own the doll at the end of the two weeks.