Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.
I had a shitty TEAC CD/cassette/record player/radio years ago. I'd buy a few records here and there and they'd sit somewhere because the sound on that machine was utter balls, but a few years back, my wife restored her family's old Pioneer record player which we then patched into our 5.1. THAT was when I realized there is a difference between mp3/CDs and vinyl. The sound is just more open and I swear to fucking Christ I can hear more stuff and hear that stuff more clearly on wax. I still buy CDs and I'll download stuff no problem, but there's something more aesthetic about vinyl.