Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Results 751 to 774 of 774

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,710
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Just to keep this in focus!!!
    What is it? Where'd it come from?

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    Did I said that ? Problem is, every time there is a new NIN album, a lot of people are like "OMG BEST ALBUM EVER, TOP 3".
    This trilogy was nice, but Bad Witch is for me not as good as the others. Not because we are fan of his works that we must lose our mind everytime.

    When "The Slip" was out, everyone said that. And now, is it still the best album ever ? I don't think so. Time reveals the quality of an album and I don't think that I will listen to "Bad Witch" as many times I listened to some other NIN album.

    You can disagree with me but it is not a reason to be disrespectful.
    Nobody thought it was the best.

    We we all enjoyed it but the reaction was nowhere near like it has been for these

    Because these are creative, challenging and different

    If you donít like BW, itís possible NIN is just no longer for you. Thatís fine, there is a huge back catalog.

    This is one of Trentís finest works on just a pure basic musical level and thatís more or less a fact

    I donít mean based off of taste, I mean overall

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazzaro703 View Post
    Sorry but I'm far from a neckbeard (Although in fairness I guess I am a Hairy Member here on these forums). Maybe you like poor story, characters and writing but some people have a higher bar for quality.

    Speaking of a higher bar for quality, really a fan of this last session of music from NIN starting with NTAE. Reminds me more of the earlier stuff but is evolved and different.
    I’m choosing to not respond to your actual point because it’s not worthy of a well thought out intelligent response

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My BW bundle arrived today. A day ahead of schedule. Thanks to UK store (bsimerch.com) for top notch shiping and customer service.
    Love the new sound to this LP on first spin. Will need a few listens but great to have new music still coming out from your
    favourite artist. Sometimes the best albums around are those that grow on you after a few listens.
    Irrespective of your own particualr tastes, we should all be grateful that hes still producing such edgy, current and amazing sounding material
    on a continual basis.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    When Hesitation Marks came out, it was all loved, there is a thread for Hesitation Marks on Echoing The Sound, when it came out/leaked, everyone was celebrating.

    NTAE Add Violence and Bad Witch are the least recent polarizing releases I can think of.
    Sorry, not everybody, I wasn't a fan of Hesitation Marks and still not and I remember a few folk who weren't feeling it. I remember HM having the same love/hate response. NTAE was the first release from Trent that I absolutely loved from front to back and felt like "Yeah, Trent is back" since With Teeth.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Then go listen to those records and stop listening to the new ones. I hate the logic that, because a new album doesn't reach the heights of the classics, that the music it's worthless.
    I think you missed his point. This has nothing to do with reaching heights as you claim it to be. You make it like the guy is sitting around listening to an album he hates. The guy just wants an album that moved him and connected with him like The Fragile and The Downward Spiral did. For some reason, those albums connected with him in a certain way and these didn't. You keep using words like "height" and "worthless" like your assigning some sort of numerical value to these releases. It's simply about being moved by a release or not. If a person isn't moved by the art, why be so angry about it? For him, he didn't have the connection to the newer stuff like he did. Apparently you did yet you are the one attacking. You found something in the newer stuff. He didn't. Doesn't make him wrong. Those are his feelings and you can't change a person’s reactions to art. It's like people who think Warhol was a genius while others think he was a joke. Music is art and everyone experiences art differently. Art is a two way street. In art, the artist could change or the person experiencing it could change or both. That connection is gained, lost, gained again, and/or lost forever.
    Last edited by neorev; Today at 09:24 AM.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Feels like Iíve been here before
    This keeps happening over and over again
    Are you sure this is what you want?
    Time is running out
    So what are you waiting for?
    God, break down the door
    Mutation feels alright

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just received my deluxe bundle. Prints are beautiful (they come in a sexy black envelope like the Physical World tickets), fleece is a welcome addition, record is kind of sparse as far as liner notes, pins are fucking excellent (and I'm not even a pin guy), and the messenger bag...confounds me because I've never used one. I seriously have no idea how to even hold the fucking thing.

    But! Everything was packaged nice and tight and safe. And early!

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also: check out that new interview on nin.com. Not a lot of new stuff, but Reznor pinned down the meaning of Bad Witch pretty solidly.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,197
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Thatís not a problem. Thatís how opinions work. I think year zero is on par with TDS and TF. Plenty of folks here will disagree with me and say itís not even close.

    We are losing our minds because our favorite artist is blowing our minds again!! We went from the accessible pop of hesitation marks to the heavy art noise trilogy in just a few years. Itís pretty exciting for us nin fans who arenít sad that TDS was 24 years ago and bad witch is now.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I absolutely agree with you about YZ.
    And I genuinely love Bad Witch. I think it's fucking stunning.
    And this is NOT because I automatically decide every NIN release is the best thing ever: NTAE and AV took a little while to grow on me.
    But this, this is top tier NIN right out of the gates for me.

    It's vital. It pushes the envelope. How many other bands are doing this 30 years in?
    It's a very small club: people like Bowie, Rush, Johnny Cash. There aren't many more.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FEMA Region VIII
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's on side two of the vinyl? Etching? Blank? Side B of the EP?

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    What's on side two of the vinyl? Etching? Blank? Side B of the EP?

    GBDTD is de first song of side B

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Also: check out that new interview on nin.com. Not a lot of new stuff, but Reznor pinned down the meaning of Bad Witch pretty solidly.
    It explains a LOT of things though. Binds everything together.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It explains a LOT of things though. Binds everything together.
    "This is dirt and a broken computer chip and everything you believe in is really just bullshit."

    Boom.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    "This is dirt and a broken computer chip and everything you believe in is really just bullshit."

    Boom.
    What someone said about The Trilogy earlier is 100% accurate after this :

    Am I fucked ? Is the world fucked ? We're all fucked.

    He just described it in details.

    Wasn't this the theme of How To Destroy Angels too ? A bit less bleak but still.

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    What someone said about The Trilogy earlier is 100% accurate after this :

    Am I fucked ? Is the world fucked ? We're all fucked.

    He just described it in details.

    Wasn't this the theme of How To Destroy Angels too ? A bit less bleak but still.
    I think so, yeah. No good news here.

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I wish there was a physcial component to this, so I could have a digital download. I feel sorta incomplete.

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I think so, yeah. No good news here.
    This is all extremely interesting considering his statement that "pessimism is a dead end." I'm with him there, for practical and emotional reasons, so I don't see the culminating message of BW as negative necessarily, just a stark realism about the negative aspects of The Physical World - it's not in your head, it's not a simulation. Or rather, breaking through internal (NTAE) and external (AV) barriers to the 'real' world yields a stark picture, one that we all have to accept and deal. I don't know what I'm waiting for.

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Given Bad Witch a couple of spins now. Still feel like a need a 'proper' listen yet, but so far I have just a couple of points.
    1) Over and Out is straight up wonderful 2) Shit Mirror sounds particularly good immediately after The Background World
    3) I'm really struggling to take this record seriously as a whole because I keep thinking of Father Ted... Play The Goddamned Part = "Just play the fucking note!" (A Song for Europe).

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    339
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    This is all extremely interesting considering his statement that "pessimism is a dead end." I'm with him there, for practical and emotional reasons, so I don't see the culminating message of BW as negative necessarily, just a stark realism about the negative aspects of The Physical World - it's not in your head, it's not a simulation. Or rather, breaking through internal (NTAE) and external (AV) barriers to the 'real' world yields a stark picture, one that we all have to accept and deal. I don't know what I'm waiting for.
    It's worth a note that the final minutes of the album are very serene and beautiful. No noise or dissonance. Just those beautiful, celestial synths ringing out.

    It can be blissful to accept that there is nothing you can do about the hardships of life but deal with them. There's no simulation to step out of, no grand meaning or purpose, or nothing to blame yourself for. It just all happens. I think the ending of BW finds peace and bliss in that.

    Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5010 med Tapatalk

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    It's worth a note that the final minutes of the album are very serene and beautiful. No noise or dissonance. Just those beautiful, celestial synths ringing out.

    It can be blissful to accept that there is nothing you can do about the hardships of life but deal with them. There's no simulation to step out of, no grand meaning or purpose, or nothing to blame yourself for. It just all happens. I think the ending of BW finds peace and bliss in that.

    Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5010 med Tapatalk
    Yep, feels more like finally understanding this, accepting it, being in phase with it, and now to deal with it (or not). wonder what will happen next.

  22. #772
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,197
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that this trilogy might NOT tell a coherent story. Like, perhaps a coherent story was planned but then aborted.
    There are definitely running themes though.

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I have a feeling that this trilogy might NOT tell a coherent story. Like, perhaps a coherent story was planned but then aborted.
    There are definitely running themes though.
    Trent confirmed as much in recent interviews.

  24. #774
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm actually leaving work early tomorrow to go by the record store, pick up Bad Witch, come home, and let myself swim in that album/trilogy until I get sick of it. Honestly, the excitement to finally have it in my hands and listen to it proper is super worth the wait - especially after reading the conversation with Lizzy Goodman, and getting some insight into the album and the trilogy as a whole.

    My body is so ready.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions