Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Will this album be on Spotify on the 22nd too or soon after?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    So is anyone else getting their copy of Bad Witch late? I ordered mine from Amazon since I had a gift card and it won't get here til July 2. I have no idea why, but it reminds me why I stopped buying from them.
    Mine from NIN.com looks like it will be late.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    So is anyone else getting their copy of Bad Witch late? I ordered mine from Amazon since I had a gift card and it won't get here til July 2. I have no idea why, but it reminds me why I stopped buying from them.
    Mine looks like it will be late as well. It was supposed to arrive on monday, but after checking tracking, it has not even left yet.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m avoiding Amazon anytime I want a physical copy of a new release on the day of. Last two times I ordered they ended up getting being delayed. Luckily you can cancel the order. I’m going to the local record store who said they’ll have it on Friday.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://ew.com/music/2018/06/20/trent...tch-interview/

Here's everything you wanted to know.

"Originally, [Bad Witch] was going to be an even more extreme version of Add Violence. And what it wound up being was a much more pessimistic [message] where we’re not living in a simulation and there’s not a convenient external thing we can blame this on — at our core, [humans] are just an accident, and when fully realized we will just exterminate ourselves, and we aren’t these enlightened creatures. We’re really just animals. And I do feel that way to some degree in real life. Take the promise of technology. Where’s that gotten us really? The more connected we are, the worse we are as a society."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Just received dispatch note this am. looks like deluxe bundle is on its way now.
    Just checked my email and I did as well, scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Initially, I was thrown off. I wanted more lyrics! At least more muffled, spoken word lyrics a la Dear World, The Lovers, The Idea of You, etc. I thought it would be a good aural connection between the three releases. The hidden lyrics in the files definitely do string together a solid connection but it seems TR+AR really did want to set apart BW as not just a 'more extreme' Add Violence. I respect that.

When taken as a whole, the trilogy feels like it climaxes with The Background World, and all of Bad Witch is the grimy and gritty aftermath of seeing the real world for what it is. In isolation, Bad Witch does feel like a compact little trip, perhaps through some Lynchian episode of television. The record is executed in couplets: the aggressive and distorted first two, the murky and jazzy next two, and then the final ambient and ominous last two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

"Originally, [Bad Witch] was going to be an even more extreme version of Add Violence. And what it wound up being was a much more pessimistic [message] where we’re not living in a simulation and there’s not a convenient external thing we can blame this on — at our core, [humans] are just an accident, and when fully realized we will just exterminate ourselves, and we aren’t these enlightened creatures. We’re really just animals. And I do feel that way to some degree in real life. Take the promise of technology. Where’s that gotten us really? The more connected we are, the worse we are as a society."
    It seems like the extremity he's talking about is in the concept, not the execution of the music, in that it was originally going to be sci-fi and now it's something more mundane. If he had meant the sound, I'm not sure what a more extreme version of AV would sound like; even more synthetic, somehow?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww that sucks. So I'm not the only one who won't get it release day. Yeah, I don't like getting music from them, but I had a gift card so I decided to go ahead and get it. Plus, I have to save some money and usually, they have the cheapest price. Whenever I get music from them I normally get it release day, but at like 8PM which is shitty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great interview (link) thanks for posting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon said my vinyl will arrive June 27th but I am getting the CD on the 22nd, but for like 17 bucks total, I am okay with it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Over & Out is a stunner. Song of the year to this point.

Yes, beautiful song! Over & Out and Shit Mirror are my favorites so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went with Amazon for CD since there was no physical component this time. So far my account says it will be delivered on the 22nd....did they stop giving you the digital download to your Amazon Music account when you purchased the CD? That was a great way to go where you could still get the music on release day even if your order didn't arrive on release day. Regardless, I've been patient this go round and no downloading leaks but if my CD doesn't arrive on Fri.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Is Trent illuminati?

The circumpunct, the original symbol of the Illuminati can be found on the cover of Bad Witch

https://illuminaticiphers.blogspot.c...lluminati.html

What say you, ETS?

It's also worth noting one of Trent's biggest inspirations is Coil, a band that frequently used occult symbolism in their albums and music.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

I remember Trent talking about going back and reworking the album because he felt it was too predictable. I'm not sure what the point was of setting up this simulated reality only to abandon it.

This is my favorite Nine Inch Nails release in a long time, but it feels like we got an M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IwakuraLain View Post
    The circumpunct, the original symbol of the Illuminati can be found on the cover of Bad Witch

What say you, ETS?

It's also worth noting one of Trent's biggest inspirations is Coil, a band that frequently used occult symbolism in their albums and music.
    ...................................... I'm merging this with the Bad Witch thread.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What say you, ETS?

i am being trolled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uh why was my thread removed and merged with this one?
    It wasn't explicitly about Bad Witch, it was whether or not Trent considers himself to be in favor of or part of a secret society.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What the hell? I hate Amazon I swear. I don't know if it had something to do with when I ordered it. Because the day before I pre-ordered my copy of The Cure Mixed Up and it says it's getting here Friday. I just hate I have to wait a whole week...I'd even take getting the CD on the 27th at this point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It wasn't explicitly about Bad Witch, it was whether or not Trent considers himself to be in favor of or part of a secret society.
    Conspiracy theorists = part of the postfactualism problem that Trent appears to lament. So probably not.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's about the cover of Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What say you, ETS?

Oh fuck! I just looked and I have knuckles..

Turns out I've been Illuminati all along!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    How would we know if he’s part of a secret society if it’s a secret?

Anyway my guess is he’s grand poobah of the local Malibu chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I remember Trent talking about going back and reworking the album because he felt it was too predictable. I'm not sure what the point was of setting up this simulated reality only to abandon it.

This is my favorite Nine Inch Nails release in a long time, but it feels like we got an M. Night Shyamalan twist.
    I think simulated reality was merely the protagonist looking for answers? Awesome concept though..

I hope more becomes of the artwork/clues... I'm a sucker for them clues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

That’s kind of how I’m feeling too. I thought the simulation thing was a cool idea and had a lot of storytelling potential, even if it wasn’t the most original idea in the world. But neither is “humanity sucks”. It makes it feel more like a collection of thoughts rather than telling an actual story. It feels like a repeat of him abandoning the Bleedthrough concept. Having said that I do respect his decision to make it a more realistic story, I just really liked where it was going with Add Violence. That type of narrative is more up my alley. But yeah, musically I’m still in love with this album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Conspiracy theorists = part of the postfactualism problem that Trent appears to lament. So probably not.
    People like you deny these things until they are either right in your face or TPTB inform you of it personally.
    Come on, don't be that way ... you probably would have denied MK Ultra etc being a real thing a few decades ago.
    You probably think the "1%" movement was nonsense too right?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    What say you, ETS?
    I would say that this is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life, but I don't want to speak for everybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In the liner notes for Bad Witch I stumbled across something! I see that someone named Pepe Silvia keeps appearing, but you know what I found?! There is no Pepe Silvia! So I go to Carol in HR and there's no one there! Half of this band doesn't even exist!

Also, Daybow bow bow

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    People like you deny these things until they are either right in your face or TPTB inform you of it personally.
    Come on, don't be that way ... you probably would have denied MK Ultra etc being a real thing a few decades ago.
    You probably think the "1%" movement was nonsense too right?
    Dude... three posts in and you're already copping an attitude? Sheeeeeeeeeit. #ThugLife

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Dude... three posts in and you're already copping an attitude? Sheeeeeeeeeit. #ThugLife
    What can I say .. I'm a pretty hate machine