Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

So.

I kind of liked the new trailer for Bumblebee. I can actually see what the robots are and I can even tell that the fighter jet is 100% Starscream and not some ugly robot jet with red eyes. It's weird that I feel this way.

Maybe we should talk about it and maybe we should help each other temper our expectations. I'm even considering seeing this in the theater, which would be the first time I've seen a Transformers film since the second one.

This feels weird.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

Agreed on all points. It doesn't look like they've completely stepped away from the Michael Bay formula, but it looks to be a step in the right direction. I've been saying for a few years now that they should reboot it with someone like James Gunn, who I feel would be a perfect fit.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-05-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    So.

I kind of liked the new trailer for Bumblebee. I can actually see what the robots are and I can even tell that the fighter jet is 100% Starscream and not some ugly robot jet with red eyes. It's weird that I feel this way.

Maybe we should talk about it and maybe we should help each other temper our expectations. I'm even considering seeing this in the theater, which would be the first time I've seen a Transformers film since the second one.

This feels weird.
    Ramjet says hi

I kid, partially. There's no way in hell it's Ramjet, but the color scheme does remind me as much of him as of SS.

I do have to say I admire the attempt to get the visual design back on fucking track a little. I can only be so interested in a prequel to a crap series of films, but I haven't looked forward to seeing new robot designs since 2007.

Gonna be great to get named characters who've never shown up before and watch them get killed off. :P

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw the trailer and.... it looks OK. I just hope it's more tolerable than those horrific films by Bay.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The trailer has heart. Movie looks like it might be a combination of Iron Giant and Herbie the love bug. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Director is the guy who did Kubo & The Two Strings. If you saw that & then watch the trailer, you would be justified in having alot of faith that this will be good. The studio seems like they know what they have on their hands as well, considering they are releasing this near Christmas.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

So... yeah... I do kinda want to watch this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Shockwave, Suundwave, Ravage and Optimus' designs!

:O

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So they're making what should have been the original transformers film (from a fans perspective)...awesome! I am enjoying the gen 1 look of them...shame we'll never see gen 1 Grimlock in film.

Me Grimlock, me sad
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 09-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've gotta say, I'm shocked by the classic look of the Autobots and Decepticons (they look exactly like they should and they look great). Not only that, but just how many they included. I'm surprised to say that I am actually interested in seeing a new Transformers movie. The last time I felt that was in 2007.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Saw this a couple of nights ago and the pacing/editing was all over the place. Storyline is pretty paint-by-numbers but the computer animation is top notch. I would say watch it during a matinee or wait for a Netflix release.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I streamed a cam version of this a few nights ago, because there was in way in hell I was getting conned into paying for another Transformers movie (thankfully I stuck to my guns and did not watch or pay for the last knight). But the reviews were coming in that this was - dare I say it - decent??? What sorcery is this? A good TF movie!?
    I need to see this for myself...

And, the verdict is... yeah, it's really not bad. I enjoyed this movie. I probably wouldn't have regretted leaving the theatre feeling I got my money stolen having I did pay for it.It's not by any means perfect, or an award winning movie, but it was fun and it kept my attention and I was generally invested in the main character and her relationship with Bumblebee. There was alo light-hearted humor in the right places, and didn't go overboard with gross humor like robots peeing or dogs humping like the Bay films did.
    There were also a few nods to the original franchise that were nice. Spoiler: Seeing the original Optimus Prime 80s flat nose semi truck at the end was a nice throwback to fans, and of course, when she is at that party where that guy is trying to get her to dive off the edge into the water and Bumblebee plays "you got the touch" on his radio, was obviously an Easter egg/throwback to the original movie as well. . The 80s G1 look of the robots was a nice addition as well. I'd be up for another film in this universe.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-24-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally gave it a viewing.

It has a lot of charm and I think the only real down side was Cena. Made me laugh more than a few times.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    good dumb fun. the soundtrack is pretty good. i like it because the violence is toned down a bit. it's good for my friend's 3 year old grandson to watch where some of the others in the series are a bit much. he loves it!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rise of the Beasts has been out now for what, a week? Two weeks? Anyway, what's the consensus? I'm waiting for it to hit streaming services before I dive in, but I'm hearing mostly good things about it. I still hold out hope that they'll go back to that intro sequence from Bumblebee and make a full Cybertronian set moviein that style, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my gf and I are massive Beast Wars fans...way more than the original Transformers. personally, we loved it, even if it strayed from BW's tv show plot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My wife and I both loved Rise of the Beasts, first time we've gone to the theater in like 4 years. There was some good comedy(Mirage was great), all the action scenes were pretty sweet and there wasn't a lot of downtime. The human characters were pretty decent, not insanely annoying like all the Bay bullshit. I even thought they did a pretty good job with Unicron, which I didn't think was possible. Definitely excited to see where they go next with these.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Do you think the post-credit is a good indicator of that? and do you think they recast the humans or use the previous ones?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'd say Noah is set up pretty well to be in the next movie because of both post credits scenes. And yeah, if they dropped that teaser on us and then don't do anything with it that would be pretty lame.

I read an article where one of the producers said they hadn't mapped out the next movie or anything, but that post credits scene certainly makes it seem like they've put some thought into where they want to go.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-30-2023 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, they took Beast Wars to lead in to G. I. Joe and actually made it work. Now get me Jem and Stretch Armstrong too!