Thread: Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

So.

I kind of liked the new trailer for Bumblebee. I can actually see what the robots are and I can even tell that the fighter jet is 100% Starscream and not some ugly robot jet with red eyes. It's weird that I feel this way.

Maybe we should talk about it and maybe we should help each other temper our expectations. I'm even considering seeing this in the theater, which would be the first time I've seen a Transformers film since the second one.

This feels weird.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bumblebee: A Transformers Story (not actual title)

Agreed on all points. It doesn't look like they've completely stepped away from the Michael Bay formula, but it looks to be a step in the right direction. I've been saying for a few years now that they should reboot it with someone like James Gunn, who I feel would be a perfect fit.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-05-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    So.

I kind of liked the new trailer for Bumblebee. I can actually see what the robots are and I can even tell that the fighter jet is 100% Starscream and not some ugly robot jet with red eyes. It's weird that I feel this way.

Maybe we should talk about it and maybe we should help each other temper our expectations. I'm even considering seeing this in the theater, which would be the first time I've seen a Transformers film since the second one.

This feels weird.
    Ramjet says hi

I kid, partially. There's no way in hell it's Ramjet, but the color scheme does remind me as much of him as of SS.

I do have to say I admire the attempt to get the visual design back on fucking track a little. I can only be so interested in a prequel to a crap series of films, but I haven't looked forward to seeing new robot designs since 2007.

Gonna be great to get named characters who've never shown up before and watch them get killed off. :P

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just saw the trailer and.... it looks OK. I just hope it's more tolerable than those horrific films by Bay.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The trailer has heart. Movie looks like it might be a combination of Iron Giant and Herbie the love bug. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Director is the guy who did Kubo & The Two Strings. If you saw that & then watch the trailer, you would be justified in having alot of faith that this will be good. The studio seems like they know what they have on their hands as well, considering they are releasing this near Christmas.