Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Art Director for NIN?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Art Director for NIN?

Does anyone know anything about the artist or art director behind the new album?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Hassan Rahim, under his 12:01 umbrella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks- thats amazing information! couldn´t find it anywhere else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I loved his work on Manson's 'The Pale Emperor', with the NIN throw-back references, all wrapped up in a simple black and white construction.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    Thanks- thats amazing information! couldn´t find it anywhere else.
    Does this mean Kraw is officially out, or just for this project?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think NIN has an "art director" anymore inasmuch as TR now commissions designers for projects.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Does this mean Kraw is officially out, or just for this project?
    He removed “nin.com” from his bio the of or the day after Bad Witch was officially announced, so im guessing it’ll be different people going forward

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably been discussed plenty, but what was the reason TR and Rob stopped working together? He was kinda his right hand man for so long.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Glad Kraw is gone. Have never been even remotely impressed with his work and can't understand what TR saw in him to begin with. The fact that he was a dick to fans who called him out on the shoddy packaging of last year's reissues just amplified my disdain for the guy. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Probably been discussed plenty, but what was the reason TR and Rob stopped working together? He was kinda his right hand man for so long.
    Around the same time that the Hesitation Marks touring cycle ended, the Beats Music streaming service was bought out by Apple, and eventually Rob stopped working on that with Reznor as he didn't like working there. He also moved out of Los Angeles, wanting to spend more time on his own for personal and professional reasons.
    Last edited by botley; 05-30-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TR might have also looked at the books post-TENSION and realized he didn't need to pay someone a probably $100K+/yr salary for what could potentially have been a retainer/no work. Versus half of that or less for a few pieces of work/one cycle.

Gonna guess Rob wasn't getting points on anything either. That would make me wanna leave after a while, too.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Are y'all sure Kraw isn't part of it anymore? I know Liu art directed the Add Violence stuff, but from my understanding, Kraw was still on board at that time.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm just wondering, with this "freelance" style he's been doing lately, if there will be a dedicated photographer. Say what you will about Rob and his photo work, but how many other bands out there could you see potentially multiple professional shots per show online for free? Even when he slowed down, we got a decent sized gallery per tour. I really hope he has someone documenting these shows.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Glad Kraw is gone... The fact that he was a dick to fans who called him out on the shoddy packaging of last year's reissues just amplified my disdain for the guy.
    I don't remember this. What did he say? Can you paraphrase?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...earchid=660176

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Are y'all sure Kraw isn't part of it anymore?

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Glad Kraw is gone. Have never been even remotely impressed with his work and can't understand what TR saw in him to begin with. The fact that he was a dick to fans who called him out on the shoddy packaging of last year's reissues just amplified my disdain for the guy. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out..

Whaaa? Missed this. What was he saying to fans?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I'll defend him - folks were being overly analytical and kind of shitty about the artwork choices that were made for NTAE so what started off as a nice thing ended up turning into a situation with him no longer posting. It wasn't a dramatic thing or anything, but that's what happened.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I'll defend him - folks were being overly analytical and kind of shitty about the artwork choices that were made for NTAE so what started off as a nice thing ended up turning into a situation with him no longer posting. It wasn't a dramatic thing or anything, but that's what happened.
    He also got ticked off by the Spotify playlist thing...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Corinne Schiavone took the publicity photo of AR & TR currently featured on NIN.com.

She also did some stuff during the Bakersfield, CA show & Panorama Festival.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    This wasn't on ETS; it was on his Instagram page, which I followed at the time..

A significant number of fans were voicing some strong opinions -- respectful in nature -- about how their vinyl reissue packages were basically falling apart upon arrival or soon after handling. I can confirm this because no less than four of the eventual dozen or so I received were coming unglued, were missing inserts and components, etc.

At first, he was just deleting the comments off his posts, which was fair; who knows how much quality control he had over the end product. However, QC should be a concern of the art director and TR, and the issues were widespread. No official word was ever made addressing this, but whatever.

When TR made the statement about how he and his team were unprepared to meet the demand and they dropped the ball, that's when things started getting ugly. Fans were wondering why, if Kraw had all this extra time to prep the reissues, the packaging quality wasn't up to snuff. This also extended to the $80 Deviations package with the scant artwork.

This is when Kraw started to publically respond to people on his Insta, laughing at them for feeling bilked and making shitty remarks about their concerns, including the whole PDF artwork debacle for Deviations. I remember one person -- a female, not that it matters -- saying something along the lines of "You should have more respect for your fanbase, regardless of the issue", to which he replied "That's why I'm your favorite band's art director and you're...not. lol"

This went on for a week or two and then he cleaned house on all of the comments in question and deleted everything. He offered no answers to the concerns that were raised and just mocked his customers for feeling ripped off. Like I said, good riddance. He's certainly no Rob Sheridan to be flaunting an attitude like that..

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @Prettybrokenspiral thanks for giving an actual response/answer instead of a snarky link to the search page.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    1) it wasn't snarky
    2) it wasn't to the search page
    3) it took you to his extremely short posting history which I assumed that people would be capable of figuring out from there

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    3) it took you to his extremely short posting history which I assumed that people would be capable of figuring out from there
    For what it's worth I get this error when I click the link:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    1) it wasn't snarky
    2) it wasn't to the search page
    Sigh...
    1.) Maybe it wasn't your intent to be snarky, but it came off that way. So have several of your other posts I've seen elsewhere on ETS. That facepalm doesn't help, either.
    2.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    For what it's worth I get this error when I click the link:
    That's exactly what I got, too.
    3.) Many of the comments in question took place outside of ETS, so that wouldn't help much in this instance, would it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't feel that Kraw did that much for NIN. Not that he did bad, just that he didn't do much. I was waiting to see what would become of the NTAE "ask again in a couple of months" response he gave to the Still art being revived. Pity we never got to find out for one reason or another. I don't think many will be aggrieved by his absence either, as the Bad Witch art looks more like NTAE than AV, and he had nothing to do with it. What exactly was it that he did do or does anybody know what it is that he would have been responsible for as Art Director?
    Last edited by astfgyl; 05-31-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: for spelling

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Prettybrokenspiral has created an elaborate pile of bullshit and blatant lies in the above post.

Other than deleting a few posts from trolls (likely aliases for @Prettybrokenspiral ) on my instagram, i dont think i've had any negative interactions with NIN fans on my IG account. Even though i supposedly deleted everything, for someone who inexplicably thinks i'm an asshole and i suck so much, surely he/she took screenshots of all the negative drama he/she's accusing me of and would be able to produce them.

obviously @Prettybrokenspiral isn't the only person that thinks i suck, but i've not had any back and forth interactions online with anyone else.

Here are two things that are true.

1. No one was more frustrated and dissapointed than me with the quality control issues with the assembly and shipping of the vinyl I was involved with. When your name is on the sticker advertising your attention to detail and the vinyl is arriving bent or coming unglued, it fucking sucks.

2. Trent and I are on good terms.

kraw

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraw View Post
    @Prettybrokenspiral has created an elaborate pile of bullshit and blatant lies in the above post.

Other than deleting a few posts from trolls (likely aliases for @Prettybrokenspiral) on my instagram, i dont think i've had any negative interactions with NIN fans on my IG account. Even though i supposedly deleted everything, for someone who inexplicably thinks i'm an asshole and i suck so much, surely he/she took screenshots of all the negative drama he/she's accusing me of and would be able to produce them.

obviously @Prettybrokenspiral isn't the only person that thinks i suck, but i've not had any back and forth interactions online with anyone else.

Here are two things that are true.

1. No one was more frustrated and dissapointed than me with the quality control issues with the assembly and shipping of the vinyl I was involved with. When your name is on the sticker advertising your attention to detail and the vinyl is arriving bent or coming unglued, it fucking sucks.

2. Trent and I are on good terms.

kraw
    Thank you for coming in and taking the time to answer some questions that were left up to mostly hearsay. I'm sorry if a few (or one?) bad apples spoiled your experience with NIN fans. Glad to hear you and Trent are on good terms, and if you work on any future projects with him I look forward to seeing it.

Still curious about the re-use of the Still artwork, but intrigue is part of the NIN experience.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I appreciate that. Yeah i'd originally planned to be more involved with ETS etc, but quickly learned to step cautiously. In all aspects of life the bad apple thing sucks, but as I was fan of NIN for many years before working with Trent (Leviathant and i know each other from the 90's) I know that a couple of vocal assholes do not represent the majority of the group.

I can't really say much about the Still thing other than it came from TR.

-kraw

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Oh shit.