Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE 2018 - Official Tour Merchandise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    4&5 are always answered with a Yes
    4 is Yes, but 5 is no for me lol.
    That usually doesn't stop me from being tempted by them though. I was really close to buying that long black and white "surveillance camera on fire" one from Aftershock last year. I stopped and stared at it for a good 20 mins. I decided against it because I literally have 10 NIN posters rolled up in a tube. I don't have the wall space.

The problem with t-shirts is, they always end up shrinking on me. I was dumb and for all the shows I went to between 2008 and 2013 I bought size medium, but they are all virtually unwearable now because they are all skin tight. I need a size Large now.

I lucked out at the With Teeth 2005 tour. I was still in my "size medium" habits back then, but they were all sold out of the tour shirt in sz Medium at the Toronto shows. I was so bummed, so bought a Large. I never wore the shirt nearly 8 years because I thought it was "too big" and then one day I wore it hiking and I was like "damn, this is a comfy sized shirt" and from that point on it clicked and I got Large shirts.

So now I have an abundance of totally awesome unwearable tour t-shirts in Size medium that just sit in the closet.

It all depends on the band and the make of the shirts as well. For some reason, I bought a size Large tour shirt from TOOL and it's unwearable. It's super small. It's like a medium. It was the last large too, and my buddy tried it on first and was like "nope, too small" and he upgraded to an XL... in hindsight, I should have taken his advice and got an XL. But you really never know until you get it home and wash it once or twice.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-13-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I literally have 10 NIN posters rolled up in a tube. I don't have the wall space.
    Get an art portfolio book. I have one made by ITOYA. It allows me to flip through it to check out my show posters whenever I want without having to worry about wall space.

Also, don't put your shirts in the dryer. Hang dry!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Also, don't put your shirts in the dryer. Hang dry!
    I wish this trick worked with some of the XL shirts I have... I have a few great shirts from when I was 16 that for some odd reason I decided that XL was "THE" size to get for a 120 lbs guy who was close to 6 feet tall. lol... oh being a teen in the 90s lol...

I have washed and washed and washed those shirts to kingdom come and they just won't shrink. Only the shirts you DON'T want to shrink, will shrink.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Only the shirts you DON'T want to shrink, will shrink.
    Ain't that the truth! I hope there are some non-black shirts this time around. I'm trying to buy less black t-shirts because I have like 100, but it's difficult because almost every time I go to a concert, black is by far the dominant color, if not the only color. Iron Maiden: all black. Metallica: all black. Ghost: all black. The A perfect Circle and Tool shirts I got earlier this year were both a charcoal grey, which is better, but most were still black. I'd love a sweet new NIN shirt in red or a light grey or charcoal, but I don't buy white shirts because they get dirty so quickly and they get pit stains in the summer.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Ain't that the truth! I hope there are some non-black shirts this time around. I'm trying to buy less black t-shirts because I have like 100, but it's difficult because almost every time I go to a concert, black is by far the dominant color, if not the only color. Iron Maiden: all black. Metallica: all black. Ghost: all black. The A perfect Circle and Tool shirts I got earlier this year were both a charcoal grey, which is better, but most were still black. I'd love a sweet new NIN shirt in red or a light grey or charcoal, but I don't buy white shirts because they get dirty so quickly and they get pit stains in the summer.

And with that said, I present to you... my closet lol:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish this trick worked with some of the XL shirts I have... I have a few great shirts from when I was 16 that for some odd reason I decided that XL was "THE" size to get for a 120 lbs guy who was close to 6 feet tall. lol... oh being a teen in the 90s lol...

I have washed and washed and washed those shirts to kingdom come and they just won't shrink. Only the shirts you DON'T want to shrink, will shrink.
    THIS! So much! I have a lot of cool shirts I found while thrift store shopping, but so many of them are XL and no matter how many times I wash them, they won't shrink! Some of them I managed to make into tank tops, but only if they're not vintage.

Yeah, when I started going to a lot of shows I used to make it a rule to pick a shirt from each and every show. Over the years I mellowed out on that. Now, I really think about whether or not I really like the shirt and how much I'll wear it. And that's why I didn't get the Physical World event shirt. I liked that it had my city on the back, but that's about it. I didn't like the design otherwise, so I decided I better save that $25. I bought a pin instead :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    4 is Yes, but 5 is no for me lol.
    That usually doesn't stop me from being tempted by them though. I was really close to buying that long black and white "surveillance camera on fire" one from Aftershock last year. I stopped and stared at it for a good 20 mins. I decided against it because I literally have 10 NIN posters rolled up in a tube. I don't have the wall space.

The problem with t-shirts is, they always end up shrinking on me. I was dumb and for all the shows I went to between 2008 and 2013 I bought size medium, but they are all virtually unwearable now because they are all skin tight. I need a size Large now.

I lucked out at the With Teeth 2005 tour. I was still in my "size medium" habits back then, but they were all sold out of the tour shirt in sz Medium at the Toronto shows. I was so bummed, so bought a Large. I never wore the shirt nearly 8 years because I thought it was "too big" and then one day I wore it hiking and I was like "damn, this is a comfy sized shirt" and from that point on it clicked and I got Large shirts.

So now I have an abundance of totally aware unwearable tour t-shirts in Size medium that just sit in the closet.

It all depends on the band and the make of the shirts as well. For some reason, I bought a size Large tour shirt from TOOL and it's unwearable. It's super small. It's like a medium. It was the last large too, and my buddy tried it on first and was like "nope, too small" and he upgraded to an XL... in hindsight, I should have taken his advice and got an XL. But you really never know until you get it home and wash it once or twice.
    I know what you mean, i hate when they shrink a lot.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I know what you mean, i hate when they shrink a lot.
    I stopped buying NIN shirts for this reason. The Fragility 2.0 shirt I bought in 2000 was a tank and held up to anything. It faded a bit but it wore and washed really well. The WT tour shirts were much thinner...they shrank and twisted. Same with my Wave Goodbye shirt. But at the going rate for merch shirts these days I just don't bother anymore.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I stopped buying NIN shirts for this reason. The Fragility 2.0 shirt I bought in 2000 was a tank and held up to anything. It faded a bit but it wore and washed really well. The WT tour shirts were much thinner...they shrank and twisted. Same with my Wave Goodbye shirt. But at the going rate for merch shirts these days I just don't bother anymore.
    I second the With Teeth Tour Shirt. It's a Large like all my other NIN shirts but man, did that shirt shrink. Still fits, albeit, very snug, but they were not the best quality of shirts.