Thread: The Menstruation Thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Angry The Menstruation Thread

Ay puñetaaaaa!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hi.

PMS has made me extremely depressed. I can't even be motivated about my school work, and i'm feeling like everything i do sucks. I can't stop crying when i think i'm going to fail because i suck.

make it stop =[

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Maybe try taking Evening Primrose Oil supplement, it helps me sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I started Microlite a week ago to artificially stop my periods. I was on my period when it was prescribed; I've started bleeding again today. I guess this is that spotting bullshit I was warned about >:|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Getting your period while fighting off a horrible horrible upper respiratory infection really sucks. :\

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    Getting your period while fighting off a horrible horrible upper respiratory infection really sucks. :\
    yikes! i'm sorry to hear that, i know nothing about respiratory infections, but i hope you get well soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone here use Lunapads? My period is fairly light since I started the pill again. I'd like to switch to a greener, more lady-positive product.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Chugging pineapple juice because I'm on my period and tonight's outfit requires me not to wear underwear.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Anyone have personal experiences with an IUD? I am so done with hormonal contraceptives. They are the worst.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i was thinking the same thing, I hate taking bc, I was off it for the past few months and my body felt awesome. now that Im back on it I feel like shit, and have been having very messed up periods. Once I get my insurance issues squared away I definitely want to discuss the IUD route, or at least change brands. the free state provided generic is not working so well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know what you mean! I was switched to the mini pill earlier this year from ortho-lo because of my migraines and stomach issues but it's still not working for me. I've taken so many pills, patches, rings, shots, and back to pills. I think I'll go with a copper IUD. I can deal with heavier periods than have to worry about the stroke/migraine risk all of the time. I've made an appointment to have it done for next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been off birth control since having my son.. I looked into IUD too... Same problems with the pills and such. Before my doc would give me the IUD she made me try the birth control version of the hormones in the IUD to make sure I wouldn't get this thing in and have to have it taken out.. anyway, I am super glad she suggested this bc the hormones that come along with the IUD were the craziest out of all the pills I have tried... Not only was I crazy (like trying to kill things) I was super lethargic and could barely eat.. still searching for best birth control solution

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    pms depresses me. i feel bloated and generally feel shitty. why do you hate me, body?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I have had very good experiences with IUDs. Insertion hurts like childbirth for 5 seconds, but after that, it's forgotten. I used to have Paragard (copper) and now have Mirena (hormonal). Having used the pill in the past, I too wanted to stay away from any hormones, but my doc convinced me that the hormone is local to the uterus rather then raging through you and your period (flow-wise) literally goes away. I highly recommend for pregnancy prevention, buy obviously it does nothing to protect from STDs.

Quote Originally Posted by NINmuffin View Post
    Been off birth control since having my son.. I looked into IUD too... Same problems with the pills and such. Before my doc would give me the IUD she made me try the birth control version of the hormones in the IUD to make sure I wouldn't get this thing in and have to have it taken out.. anyway, I am super glad she suggested this bc the hormones that come along with the IUD were the craziest out of all the pills I have tried... Not only was I crazy (like trying to kill things) I was super lethargic and could barely eat.. still searching for best birth control solution
    I don't understand, your doc gave you a progestogen pill to test out your tolerance to Mirena IUD? Maybe every women has a different experience with hormones (that's not a maybe - I'm sure that the case) because I have not had that sensitivity. I'm crossing my fingers since I've only had Mirena for 8 months, but I'm pretty sure I did not PMS this month and usually I'm good for one raging bitchy day a month.

http://www.winkpass.com/iperiod.html

Because I might be regular, but I'm terrible at keeping track - I have this app
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-17-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Because I'm on my period bitches

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Awesome. I'm the last one to post in this thread. Better here then in the how fucked was your day or whatever. Just need to hormonally vent.

It is quite amazing how sideways I can go in one day. Hopping along being busy, day nice and lined up, end with yoga and a nice salmon dinner. No. I miss an appointment with my therapist, get a snide message from the soon to be x, have a work task given to me by my boss, taken away by another person cause they thought I was too busy and I dissolve into a puddle. YEAH PMS. I knew you were right around the corner but I thought eating healthy and exercising would stave you off, but noooooooooo. I do not like to feel this way. I want control and whatever that hormone is just gives me the finger and says "no, right now, we want you to be our bitch."

I'm still going to yoga and eating that salmon after dam it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm like that today too. I have 3 photography projects coming up and they all suck ass! Nothing inspires me anymore and those feelings of self doubt are bitting me in ass again big time. Where as last week I was regularly doing exercise and eating well. My mood was through the roof!

I really don't have anything to bitch about, my life is awesome right now, but I just want to kill myself and my uterus hurts.

I HATE my PMS it's really the worst.

Oh, and apparently my boyfriend has noticed that when I'm PMS'ing my voice goes up another decimal. It's annoyingly shrill as it is so he just gets pissed off for nothing, I could be talking about bread and all of a sudden he just hates bread and wants to kill me and doesn't want to talk to me about bread or anything. I think he has dog hearing or something...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    aggh achy, tired, and miserable !

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone else have their boobs hurt up to THREE WEEKS before the actual period? I have been off the pill for months now and it just continues to astounds me the extent of my PMS. I just don't understand this at all, I have basically one week of being normal. I don't know why it's called a Syndrome when it takes up the majority of being. I'm just going to reverse it all and call my one week of normalcy, "Post Menstrual Neutrality Syndrome".

I feel so pissy and short of patience with any little thing right now. It's really hard to chalk up the mood swings that I feel the majority of every month to stupid PMS, and not just say I'm a moody person. I feel so jealous of my friend who had crazy emotional swings while ON the pill and then felt completely stable and better when she was off it. I feel the opposite has happened to me, yet I really don't feel comfortable going back on a hormonal form of birth control.

EDIT. Is it still PMS when it's your first day of the period? Ugh this is fucking obnoxious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks lord for making my period start a whole week early!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Welp, looks like I'll be having tantric sex with a tampon for the next few days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    damn i thought this was the masturbation thread. my bad.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    my boobs starting hurting last week and today it increased to shooting pains from under my right breast (the bigger one, which isn't saying much since I'm size 34A) to my nipple, every so often. Two more weeks of this shit until my actual period comes along. yay...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am going to murder somebody if these cramps don't stop.
    Seriously... once you've decided you're not gonna breed, nature should give you a PMS pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    my boobs starting hurting last week and today it increased to shooting pains from under my right breast (the bigger one, which isn't saying much since I'm size 34A) to my nipple, every so often. Two more weeks of this shit until my actual period comes along. yay...
    You know what, I get pain in my breasts every once and a while but they have never been at the exact time of my period so I never thought to pay attention to if there was a correlation. I probably should do that. I normally get pangs in my uterus on and off for about a week before my period. Sometimes it can be really painful but it is not the same type of pain as cramps, just more annoying. It is like my uterus is going 'warning, warning, period coming'.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's really bizarre, my boobs felt normal during the week of and the week after my period, but then sure enough, it started again like clockwork. I don't generally notice it because I don't wear a bra, so I have to feel myself up to check if they still hurt, and sure enough...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    i'm size 34a... My boobs felt normal... I don't wear a bra... Feel myself up...
    Go oooooon?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer808 View Post
    go oooooon?
    then there's horrid pain and bleeding and oh GAWDMURDEREDBABIESEVERYWHERE!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Goooo OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON?! ;p

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Goooo OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON?! ;p
    Goo Gone???

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    For the first time that I can remember in a long time I'm late.