Thread: Trilogy (NTAE, Add violence, Bad Witch) playing order/theories

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Trilogy (NTAE, Add violence, Bad Witch) playing order/theories

How are you playing the two EPs already released? Do you play them as the are or do you think that he songs from the three EPs are meant to be played in a different way telling a story. As I listened to the last interview of Trent on apple music it's obvious that the songs are meant to play as they were released, because the story is told like that - so the first EP, then the second EP and then the last LP. What do you think?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I did throw together a playlist of

Branches/Bones
    Less Than
    The Lovers
    Dear World,
    She's Gone Away
    This Isn't The Place
    Not Anymore
    The Idea of You
    Burning Bright
    The Background World

Nothing too crazy, more grouped for continuity. I might edit this once BW drops, but I've never really been one for totally rearranging an album's tracklist.

To paraphrase Goonies "God put that rock there for a purpose and I'm not going to be the one to move it".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also, what the fuck could possibly come after the meltdown apocalypse of Background World?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Also, what the fuck could possibly come after the meltdown apocalypse of Background World?
    The Background World into Burning Bright actually sounds REALLY good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Some shit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll give it a shot.

I feel the same way about RWIB. Of course I could just jump right into ATLITW, but I feel like I just need silence after WT wraps up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think the noise apocalypse of The Background World is meant to represent the destruction of the perspective the second EP offers; it's generally more accessible and tamer than the first, and then something goes... wrong. So I'm fine with the track order just being the EPs as released, especially since Bad Witch seems like it will be an unusual sound for NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Perhaps the placement of the ^^^^ markers on the albums is the order (if there is indeed proper order?)
    Applying this theory, and assuming order is top to bottom, it would make it: Add Violence, Bad Witch, Not the Actual Events