Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: God Break Down the Door - first single

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's been a while since I've had a NIN song constantly on repeat. So good!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    No asking for FLACs or other downloads! This has been commercially released now. You can go buy it on your favorite music download store. If you want FLAC, check out the TIDAL store:

http://tidal.com/us/store/album/88870195

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The album pre order was only £2.99 on iTunes so I bought it and listened to the song about 5 times this morning. Love it, can’t sit and listen to it so ended up dancing around the house and was awarded 16 active minutes on my FitBit. Thanks Trent and Atticus. Now I can download the album from iTunes to listen to on the train to London for Meltdown without having to wait for the CD to arrive. So excited

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    I think you're right about this. My only gripe about most of NIN's recent material is that they don't use live drums enough, especially when they have Dave and Ilan on speed dial. The programmed beats work for some songs, but there are many I feel would benefit from the oomph of live drums, even if they want to process the shit out of them after.
    That's precisely why Various Methods of Escape is the second best song on HM (after Copy of A).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I actually far far prefer the electronic drums side of copy of a live rather than live drums

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    No asking for FLACs or other downloads! This has been commercially released now. You can go buy it on your favorite music download store. If you want FLAC, check out the TIDAL store:

http://tidal.com/us/store/album/88870195
    Yeah but what if I ordered the vinyl but didn't receive any download link ? Can I PM you a proof and you can then send it to me possibly ? Anyone else ordered a bundle from the UK store and didn't get any flac link ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Yeah but what if I ordered the vinyl but didn't receive any download link ? Can I PM you a proof and you can then send it to me possibly ? Anyone else ordered a bundle from the UK store and didn't get any flac link ?
    Serieusement mec ? il est indiqué vous recevrez le flac le 22 juin... rien d'autre. Pas de warez.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's precisely why Various Methods of Escape is the second best song on HM (after Copy of A).
    How can you forget All Time Low? It went hard during the Tension tour. The Pino bass, the Ilan drums, it's easily in my Top 10 favorite live NIN tracks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Serieusement mec ? il est indiqué vous recevrez le flac le 22 juin... rien d'autre. Pas de warez.
    Certaines personnes disent avoir reçu un lien pour DL le single par mail alors qu'ils ont commandés le vinyl, ou depuis nin.com. Sur ce thread même.
    C'est pas du warez si j'ai acheté le vinyl LOL. Un peu de logique voyons.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Certaines personnes disent avoir reçu un lien pour DL le single par mail alors qu'ils ont commandés le vinyl, ou depuis nin.com. Sur ce thread même.
    C'est pas du warez si j'ai acheté le vinyl LOL. Un peu de logique voyons.
    Well you ask others for warez. Maybe ppl got an email with it, obviously that's how nin did with previous EP... but that's not the place, it was the place 24h ago !, you missed it, there is other places, did you try facebook's ninfr ? You can try to search my nickname.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well you ask others for warez. Maybe ppl got an email with it, obviously that's how nin did with previous EP... but that's not the place, it was the place 24h ago !, you missed it, there is other places, did you try facebook's ninfr ? You can try to search my nickname.
    I don't. I already bought the album 2 times. I bought it. It is legal. The exchange of goods was made. And people who did the same thing got a Flac file somehow. That's why I'm asking for a link.

And 24 hours ago it was a shitty leak, not an official download.

But why so much trouble ? The flac is already available on some russian website but they replaced the metadata. I just want a legit file I already payed for Lol. I want to see the damn hidden lyrics with my own eyes.
    It's not like we're on a piracy forum, we're fans and we all already bought the album. It's just about convenience right now.

Thanks though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I don't. I already bought the album 2 times. I bought it. It is legal. The exchange of goods was made. And people who did the same thing got a Flac file somehow. That's why I'm asking for a link.
    Why not try emailing their support? They answered my question very quickly and got it sorted out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Why not try emailing their support? They answered my question very quickly and got it sorted out.
    You're my support

Anyway yeah I'm gonna do that thanks :p

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I have even once contact the US store support about an UK store order and got my files quickly (it was about the 24bit files for Before the Flood)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not OP but... So I have the flac file via official NIN email. When it was first sent out, it had a URL that failed but it gave me the actual download link on amazon. I took off the key at the end and it still works. So one of the flac files floating around is actually from live nation. Whether or not Live Nation needs to be informed, I don't know.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alright, fuck it. Didn't like it at first, after 20+ listens I think it's fucking great. It's NIN after all, what the hell was I thinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You can do it! We're the only ones left. Stay strong.

We're in this together now!
    You're not alone, I'm one of the masochist ones too!
    It's really hard, but I remember how cathartic it was to listen to Not The Actual Events in full, alone in the woods...
    It's all about the experience, and I will make it special for myself.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Been listening non stop since yesterday now, really love it. It's the first NIN since Hesitation Marks to really grab my attention. I can only hope the rest of Bad Witch is in the more experimental vein.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Schema View Post
    It's really hard, but I remember how cathartic it was to listen to Not The Actual Events in full, alone in the woods...
    This sounds fantastic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying this song more and more with each listen.

God break dowWWWwnnn the DooooOoor..... God break downnn-the-DooooOOoor.

I fell asleep last night with that suck in my head.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    In regards to the lyrics: to me, it sounds like someone viewing the world around them and issuing a plea for a god to intervene or to bring about an end to things. The fact that he believes "there aren't any answers here" makes me believe that he thinks we're all doomed, and to borrow a line from a very familiar song, we're going to get what we deserve.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah. As in "(destroy) everything all at once, remove the pain" by pushing it back into oblivion where it came from.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Positive review of the track on Pitchfork!

"There’s a new energy in the arrangement: a constantly shifting thing full of frenzied marimba and apocalyptic squelches that zaps the throwback crunch of the last two NIN EPs into dust."

I agree!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If you want it that bad and didn’t pay for why don’t just torrent it it’s not that hard lol, stop begging jeez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    If you want it that bad and didn’t pay for why don’t just torrent it it’s not that hard lol, stop begging jeez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not the original flac though, those russian uploaders replace the metadata lol

Also I paid for it, that's the point, did you read the posts at least ? x)

edit : The Support answered and gave me a link

There WAS a FLAC after all !
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 05-18-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I had been listening this song and I like it more. I think TR wants a sound-mix of NTAE and AV. According to his declarations and the lyrics of this song, if NTAE was self-destruction and AV was a search for answers, I think Bad Witch could be about the encounter with the answers: pessimism, but... self-destruction too?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Schema View Post
    Glad to know I'm not the only one here. I almost caved last night too. Reading comments and articles all over the web about it that had the video embedded into it. At one point I even pressed play and like 3 seconds in I stopped and said "NO, must control myself"... so I heard the first few notes lol...... I think I can wait from here on out.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread (which is totally lost in the shuffle now) that the hardest period to get through, is the first 48 hours, and if you can get past the first 2 days, it's smooth sailing from there, and this happens to be around the 48 hr mark since the "leak" came out, and I don't feel myself having any cravings anymore. So I think I can push this aside for the next few weeks now. New Ghost record will be dropping in 2 weeks anyway, and then a week after that new PIG record, so It's not like I'll be starving for new music. I'll have plenty to get me through until Bad Witch drops.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    How can you forget All Time Low? It went hard during the Tension tour. The Pino bass, the Ilan drums, it's easily in my Top 10 favorite live NIN tracks.
    Not exactly a favorite of mine (though very essential to HM), but there's a case where a song really pops live.

The first time I saw a teaser clip of it being rehearsed (I think on Instagram), I immediately felt how the live drums made it hotter. And of course Pino murders it. *eyes roll back from de pleasure*

\\\

I'm not sure if I like the new song any now, or if I am just moving past how different it comes across for NIN, and thus accepting it as it is...
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this song rules.

some of you are tripping.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The more that I listen to it, the more that I like it. The drums are organic but definitely programmed. Every since seeing that video of Trent playing sax for Bowie on the Outside tour I hoped he would do something like this.
    I wonder if this album will have songs with clear cut beginnings and ends or will each song be connected seamlessly.
    Rumor is that this LP is about his neighbours... although unverified.