Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Jane in Space "Gorerunner" (co-produced with Keith Hillebrandt)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Jane in Space "Gorerunner" (co-produced with Keith Hillebrandt)

Hey all:
    My band Jane in Space is releasing our new album, "Gorerunner," on July 13, 2018. The album was mixed and produced with Keith Hillebrandt, whom I think most of you are probably familiar with. :-)

Check out the Cronenberg-inspired video for our new single, "Eat Your Face" --

PureGrainAudio said Jane in Space "keeps you spellbound with their hypnotic electronic then, when you least expect it, jab you hard with their deep industrial beats" which I thought sounded very sexy.

if you're into it, follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/listentojaneinspace

for those of you with a tech interest, the song was written primarily using the Elektron Octatrack. That "ROWRRRR" sound was a Little Phatty through a bunch of pedals, with a lot of parameters being midi-modulated by the Octatrack. the "guitar solo" is actually a bunch of spliced together takes of a guitar through moog freqbox, moog ring modulation, danelectro daddy-o, elektron analog heat, and roland RE-201... always happy to chat more... :-)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I really like that song. Listened to it a few times and it got better each time, which is a good thing obviously. Also checked out some of your previous releases, but this seems way better for some reason. I look forward hearing the whole album in July. -z-

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I really like that song. Listened to it a few times and it got better each time, which is a good thing obviously. Also checked out some of your previous releases, but this seems way better for some reason. I look forward hearing the whole album in July. -z-
    thanks a ton for listening! agreed, this was a big step up for us in terms of production and songwriting (which is, I think, how art should be... the alternative (staying the same or even going backwards) would have been dreadful).

really appreciate your listening! if you want to DM me your size and address, I'll send a t-shirt your way.