Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I got stuck in the balcony before. I wasn't sure if they would have separate tickets for that area, and leave the open part below for everyone else.
    nope, balcony is GA too and i'm hoping to get a good spot up there. i have chronic pain issues and standing at shows for too long really fucks me up. i want to be able to enjoy NIN, not feel like i'm 80 years old

i'm really looking forward to this. i'm still mad at myself for missing wave goodbye and, while the aragon doesn't have the best sound for rock shows, it's still a beautiful venue, and seeing NIN indoors (as opposed to at riot fest) will be lovely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm incredibly excited by this. I might also try to get a good balcony spot. The last show there, I had too many tickets in my car (very 1st world problem there) and had to run back to get the right one, and was stuck in a really bad spot behind some people who were not even interested in the band I was seeing. I just want to be with people who actually appreciate the music. Also, I just really thought about it, today, and it's been since January of 1990 since I saw The Jesus and Mary Chain. I'm really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    nope, balcony is GA too and i'm hoping to get a good spot up there..
    For me too. Iíll do one night in front queuing early. One on the balcony. And the third Iíll see...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; Today at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got stuck in the balcony before. I wasn't sure if they would have separate tickets for that area, and leave the open part below for everyone else.
    Are you telling me that if I don't get there early enough, they'll MAKE me go up in the balcony? If that's the case (for those who've seen NIN at this venue before), how early is early enough to avoid the balcony?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Are you telling me that if I don't get there early enough, they'll MAKE me go up in the balcony? If that's the case (for those who've seen NIN at this venue before), how early is early enough to avoid the balcony?
    I saw one of the Wave Goodbye shows at Aragon. I got inside shortly before the show started (read: not early) and managed to make my way to the middle of the floor. Granted, it's been almost 9 years but I don't recall anyone being forced to the balcony.

In fact I don't recall this ever being the case in any venue unless my ticket was specifically for the balcony.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I saw one of the Wave Goodbye shows at Aragon. I got inside shortly before the show started (read: not early) and managed to make my way to the middle of the floor. Granted, it's been almost 9 years but I don't recall anyone being forced to the balcony.

In fact I don't recall this ever being the case in any venue unless my ticket was specifically for the balcony.
    Alright, thanks for the clarification. That's what I had assumed would be the case.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I also don't recall that being the case. There was open seating up in the balcony, but the GA area pretty much covered everything. It can get hard to see/navigate if you get there too late, but I don't think anyone was directed anywhere specific. I even went back and forth between the balcony and the floor one of the two nights and didn't have any issues.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    On top of the Nashville show I'm doing ... getting tickets to this Saturday show are SUPPPPPPER tempting, but I don't know if I can fork over that much money right now with so much other stuff going on. Blah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey! I'm new here, hello everyone.

Anyway, I also have my tickets for Aragon. I'm going on Saturday. Since it's my first time seeing NIN I would've loved to go a second night, but my account didn't permit it. While I wasn't a fan of the in person event, I'm still glad I have tickets even though they are going on sale tomorrow online. It's nice to avoid those TM fees for once. My plan is to see the show from the balcony too. The last time I was at Aragon that's where I was and I loved it. Had a great view of everything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Well, I mean, I could have stayed downstairs, but it was way in the back and I couldn't see or hear much of anything, so I went upstairs. I originally got there early enough (this was VNV Nation) at a couple hours before the show. I haven't been to Chicago for NIN before, but most places I have been to, the line up has started a few hour to several hours before the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, I mean, I could have stayed downstairs, but it was way in the back and I couldn't see or hear much of anything, so I went upstairs. I originally got there early enough (this was VNV Nation) at a couple hours before the show. I haven't been to Chicago for NIN before, but most places I have been to, the line up has started a few hour to several hours before the show.
    Gotcha. This will be my 3rd time traveling to Chicago for NIN. The previous two were at an outdoor amphitheater and an outdoor festival (Riot Fest), so this will be a bit different than those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk