Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    They didn't cancel the order, right?
    I think I used a co-workers computer when that happened. Did you get an email confirmation? If so, I'd assume you're safe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I couldn't get shit. Wtf. Had 3 people trying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    It took twenty minutes, 5 separate transactions and a computer, phone and ipad but I got 2 for Thursday and Friday and 1 for Saturday. At the end TM blocked me from the site because I had refreshed too many times and it thought I was a bot. What a crock of shit. The site specifically says keep reloading, people may release tickets (which is exactly what was happening). They better not cancel my orders. Anyone have that happen before?
    UGH I hate that! That same thing happened when I was buying Cure tickets. I kept refreshing and then it blocked me completely. No matter what computer I went on, it wouldn't let me through. I missed out on the whole pre-sale! And the next time I tried to buy tickets I was so scared of refreshing I didn't do it enough and still missed out on tickets. They're so full of shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I just scored a Thursday ticket on TM. I needed a Saturday ticket for my brother. So anyone in the Chicago area that has a Saturday ticket, but can't make the Saturday show but wants a Thursday ticket. PM me.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Edit: got em thanks!
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 05-30-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trade?

Hey everyone. I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets for the Friday show. Would anyone want to trade 2 for the Saturday show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think I used a co-workers computer when that happened. Did you get an email confirmation? If so, I'd assume you're safe.
    Yeah, i got all the confirmations, so I should be good. My paranoia is taking over cuz, well, nin, and it seems I'm very lucky to have gotten tickets. In my head TM blocked my IP address and then searched for all orders by that IP and then canceled them all. I think I can step off the ledge, ha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm definitely gonna keep tabs on tickets for this show. If I have an opportunity to get myself one to any/all of them over the next 5 months, I don't think I'll be able to help myself, heh. But for now my wallet needs a break after getting tickets to both nights at Red Rocks.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah if I can pick up cheap tickets on the day of, I heard people get lucky on Stubhub, then I'll definitely hit up another show. But for now, my bank account could only afford one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As of right now they're going for "from $99" for Thursday "from $119" for Friday & "from $127" for Saturday on StubHub.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I guess I've seen worse on StubHub, but still kind of sucks. I'm gonna wait closer to the day of the show. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got on line around 10:00 and made it to the box office at 4:00. Glad it was overcast and chilly so sunburn was minimal (always a concern as a pale skinned person). One guy with Live Nation said there was coffee and food when we reached our destination but that was gone and there were only a few shirts left at the merch table. Secured tickets to all three nights - one of which is my 40th birthday, woohoo! It was a long arduous day (I’m not one who usually lines up early but prefers to be by the sound booth). I’d much rather the presale tickets online with our names printed on them like past presales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife and I and our friend are coming out to Chicago from MN for Friday and Saturday! Cant wait! Last year my wife and I came to Chicago and flew to New York for that tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just reserved my AirBnb last night. Got a room in the Wicker Park neighborhood. Don't know much about it. Looks nice. I guess it's probably very "hipster-y". Now just have to figure out transportation. I don't have a reliable enough car and I don't know who would be willing to give me a ride *sticks thumb out on the ETS highway* (If anyone is coming to the 10/26 Chicago Show from the Pennsylvania (or NY,East Coast, Etc. ) PM Me ) But my best bet is to take the Amtrak train. I'd arrive about a hour later than if I drove but I'd rather not risk into running into car problems or other FML type of incidents. Gonna wait a few days, pay other important bills and then i'll get my train ticket.
    Last edited by OoopiDoop; 05-25-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoopiDoop View Post
    Just reserved my AirBnb last night. Got a room in the Wicker Park neighborhood. Don't know much about it. Looks nice. I guess it's probably very "hipster-y". Now just have to figure out transportation. I don't have a reliable enough car and I don't know who would be willing to give me a ride *sticks thumb out on the ETS highway* (If anyone is coming to the 10/26 Chicago Show from the Pennsylvania (or NY,East Coast, Etc. ) PM Me ) But my best bet is to take the Amtrak train. I'd arrive about a hour later than if I drove but I'd rather not risk into running into car problems or other FML type of incidents. Gonna wait a few days, pay other important bills and then i'll get my train ticket.
    have fun getting to the aragon from wicker park! nah, it won't be too bad, but i would have stayed in like...rogers park or lincoln square (that's where i live) so it'd be a straight shot to the venue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have fun getting to the aragon from wicker park! nah, it won't be too bad, but i would have stayed in like...rogers park or lincoln square (that's where i live) so it'd be a straight shot to the venue.
    It's what I can afford at the moment *shrug*. Google says its a 20 minute ride, not including the terrible traffic I'm assuming.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoopiDoop View Post
    It's what I can afford at the moment *shrug*. Google says its a 20 minute ride, not including the terrible traffic I'm assuming.
    huh, that's surprising. i feel like wicker park would be way more expensive than rogers park! and yeah, 20 minutes without traffic sounds about right.

the nice thing about wicker park is that there's so much stuff to do down there, so you won't be bored when you're not at the show(s).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    huh, that's surprising. i feel like wicker park would be way more expensive than rogers park! and yeah, 20 minutes without traffic sounds about right.

the nice thing about wicker park is that there's so much stuff to do down there, so you won't be bored when you're not at the show(s).
    Wicker Park, It's like my other home cause that's where I get my vinyl when I want it NOW and in person versus waiting for discogs sellers shipping, lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    these are all within a reasonable distance of the aragon, most of them have vegan and/or gluten-free options

favorite diner - pick me up cafe (open late)
    favorite vegan restaurant - kal'ish
    favorite pizza (from before i went vegan) - fat chris' (detroit deep dish style)
    favorite breakfast/brunch - tweet (second place goes to bang bang pie & biscuits)
    favorite mexican restaurant - garcia's (go to the one in lincoln square, aka the fun one, NOT the one on lawrence, aka the sad one)
    favorite ice cream shop - george's (if you're into comics, there's a comic shop behind it!)
    favorite coffee shop - groundswell (there are a couple, i prefer the one on damen, everyone's super nice)
    Excellent. Appreciate all that!

With all the trouble Ticketmaster seemed to be, perhaps I am glad to have gotten my tickets already after all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you want good vinyl/music shopping you got Reckless Records, Shuga Records, and THe Exchange all pretty close to one another. And you have to make a stop at Stan's Donuts! They're the best!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    If you want good vinyl/music shopping you got Reckless Records, Shuga Records, and THe Exchange all pretty close to one another. And you have to make a stop at Stan's Donuts! They're the best!
    Reckless Records is fantastic! Every time I'm in town for a show or Pitchfork Music Festival I always find something good there.

So ... I REALLY want to go to this Saturday show as it's the only one that works with my work schedule, but I know tickets will be hard to come by for a long time and probably up until the show. Since I've never used StubHub for anything major like this, the possibilities of anything around face value could be a possibility? I'm sure I'll have to go a little bit over if I end up getting a chance to make this one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Reckless Records is fantastic! Every time I'm in town for a show or Pitchfork Music Festival I always find something good there.

So ... I REALLY want to go to this Saturday show as it's the only one that works with my work schedule, but I know tickets will be hard to come by for a long time and probably up until the show. Since I've never used StubHub for anything major like this, the possibilities of anything around face value could be a possibility? I'm sure I'll have to go a little bit over if I end up getting a chance to make this one.
    It's a gamble but waiting until much closer to the show, prices usually come down. But you run the risk of availability. It sometimes is a tough call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    these are all within a reasonable distance of the aragon, most of them have vegan and/or gluten-free options

favorite diner - pick me up cafe (open late)
    favorite vegan restaurant - kal'ish
    favorite pizza (from before i went vegan) - fat chris' (detroit deep dish style)
    favorite breakfast/brunch - tweet (second place goes to bang bang pie & biscuits)
    favorite mexican restaurant - garcia's (go to the one in lincoln square, aka the fun one, NOT the one on lawrence, aka the sad one)
    favorite ice cream shop - george's (if you're into comics, there's a comic shop behind it!)
    favorite coffee shop - groundswell (there are a couple, i prefer the one on damen, everyone's super nice)
    I noticed you said youre vegan, so are we! Every single time we road trip to Chicago we go to Chicago Diner at least twice!!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustinhxc View Post
    I noticed you said youre vegan, so are we! Every single time we road trip to Chicago we go to Chicago Diner at least twice!!!!
    oh, fuck! i can't believe i forgot to mention the diner!

two locations, one in logan square, one in boystown (lakeview). all vegan, all delicious. i've gone there with people who don't even realize they're eaten vegan food because it's just so fucking good. and the fucking PEANUT BUTTER PUCK is like my favorite dessert in existence. i'm drooling just thinking about it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been to Chicago diner to try their vegan shakes... I did not have a good time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I've been to Chicago diner to try their vegan shakes... I did not have a good time.
    how so? bad staff? bad shake? bad atmosphere?

i've never had a bad experience at either diner, nor a bad bit of food.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    how so? bad staff? bad shake? bad atmosphere?

i've never had a bad experience at either diner, nor a bad bit of food.
    I didn't like the shakes and they didn't agree with me in the end. Plus the wait to have them to go was pretty long.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I didn't like the shakes and they didn't agree with me in the end. Plus the wait to have them to go was pretty long.
    sorry to hear that! i've found that some people don't have good reactions to nutmilk or non-dairy ice cream, but for me i always got stomach aches and became extremely congested (and had recently started getting bad headaches) from dairy, which was part of my decision to go vegan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh, fuck! i can't believe i forgot to mention the diner!

two locations, one in logan square, one in boystown (lakeview). all vegan, all delicious. i've gone there with people who don't even realize they're eaten vegan food because it's just so fucking good. and the fucking PEANUT BUTTER PUCK is like my favorite dessert in existence. i'm drooling just thinking about it!
    YESSS!!! It is the best food ever!!! My wife and I are both vegan and we always want to drive their from MN. But when we are in Chicago we 100% go there. I have celiac disease and I tell them before hand, Ive never had any problems. Love that place. Cant wait to go when we go to see NIN!

Oh man.. Sorry to hear that! My wife and I literally want to drive 7 hours just to get their milk shakes. Its the closest shake Ive had that taste like a real shake. Always SO delicious. Maybe you have a soy or sugar intolerance? If I have more than one I feel sick for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah I just think it wasn't for me. I mean I like soy otherwise, but meh wasn't my thing.