Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Busy weekend, how did it go for everyone? Did everyone in line get tickets or did it sell out?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think I may cave and get 2 tickets on eBay for $450. Unless anyone has any better ideas for me? I hate to support the fucking scumbag scalpers that snag all the tickets and put them up for 2-3 times their face value, but I also REALLY want to go to this and don't see an alternative.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think I may cave and get 2 tickets on eBay for $450. Unless anyone has any better ideas for me? I hate to support the fucking scumbag scalpers that snag all the tickets and put them up for 2-3 times their face value, but I also REALLY want to go to this and don't see an alternative.
    Wait until the hype dies down & if they have any available for the eventual online sale. There's no need to pay that price this early.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Wait until the hype dies down & if they have any available for the eventual online sale. There's no need to pay that price this early.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm have a pretty heavy case of FOMO right now and I was eyeballing two auctions on eBay yesterday and one of them is gone today. I really want to get tickets for the Saturday show so that I only have to take one day off from work and considering how many people were in line for Chicago, I doubt there's a great deal left over. Plus, once (if) they go on sale online, the demand will still he high enough that they'll sell out whatever small amount remains like immediately. I just don't know how long I should wait.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw a few people on the NIN subreddit post that they had extras for some of the shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another update on my situation! Things are looking good! I got this email last night:

Hello Staci,

Got your info from our social media team. Apologies for the delay but there was a lot going on with the presales today. But someone from out box office staff will contact you on Monday your ADA request. Thank you for your patience.

So I'm starting to think this all might actually come together for me!! <3 And congrats to all who got tickets in the IRL line, it seems like it was a cool, if exhausting, experience! Hope to see some of you at one of the Chicago shows!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I totally agree with @FULLMETAL . Let the hype die down. I honestly think these shows will be selling for face value in a few weeks. I understand the feeling though @sonic_discord . Also, I do think they will have an online sale this week and I'm happy to help you with it if you want.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sooo…. here is ho it when down for me.

I got to Aragon at about 3:30am Saturday and posted up in line behind some homeless guys that where recruited by a scalper (FUCK THE SCALPER WHO EXPLOITED THEM!). I was like 15ish. Then more people showed up. We talked about previous show we've been to, great conversation. The guy behind me that showed up on his bike, was surprised I was 40ysold and that I remember buying tickets this way back in the early 90's. It was rainy but we survived\ held each other place as we had to attend to our parking and pissing. I told them (the guys behind me) that I would be letting my wife's homegirl cut in because if it wasn't for her I would have missed out on the white Bad Witch vinyl.

Day finally broke and so did the rain (for the most part) and one guy knew one of the livenation security guys so we had some what of an inside scope on what to expect. The line shifted to the west side of the L train and then my wife's home girl, Jen and her boyfriend showed up (they brought "friendship beers" lol but we where tired from the long night and beer would have shut us down.) Their was a lot of speculation on if we could get four ticket max or four ticket per show. Then a livenation guy walked by announcing a third date. We all freaked the FUCK out. The bar near by opened and I left to piss. A dude in the restroom was on the phone giving bad info and in my friendly manner I called out what was going on and he corrected what he was saying. (maybe that was too much info.) My phone was blowing up with text messages so I headed back and found that the line finally moved back to Aragon.

I reclaimed my spot (Thanks Jen!!!) and the mood picked up. We learned that the line had grown insanely, it stretch from the Argon west to Broadway and up to Foster (if you know Chicago that is a little bit of a hike.) Twitter was blowing up with info of the other locations and we finally moved in to get tickets!!!! It was awesome, I scored four ticket to each night, 12 tickets total. My crew will be able to fill out that no problem, but if something go wrong I know their are peeps here would couldn't be there so I will hook you up AT FACE VALUE!!! (I'll keep this info posted, @snichols will get first dibs as we have PM'd back and forth on this.) I then went over to the merch table and copped the shirt, lithlo (#401), and slipmat. On the way out I met a guy who got lithlo #402 he said we are poster brothers, lol! I called my homies, specifically my buddy back in FL and told him what the FUCK was up. Initially he just wanted to come up for one night but homie changed gears and was stoked we can go all three nights.

Looking forward to see my line homies at the shows in OCT.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 05-21-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just putting it out there - if anyone has a spare ticket to the third show, hit ya gal up plz. Coming from the other side of the world for the first 2 shows, might cry a bit (a lot) if I miss out on the third.

Otherwise, I really hope they sell the additional tickets online & I can snag them that way. Has there been any update on that btw?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm have a pretty heavy case of FOMO right now and I was eyeballing two auctions on eBay yesterday and one of them is gone today. I really want to get tickets for the Saturday show so that I only have to take one day off from work and considering how many people were in line for Chicago, I doubt there's a great deal left over. Plus, once (if) they go on sale online, the demand will still he high enough that they'll sell out whatever small amount remains like immediately. I just don't know how long I should wait.

in all my years of concert going waiting is 100% the right move. unless you need them in high volume (5+) there is absolutley no reason you should pay up 6 months in advance. 99% of the time i wait until day of to buy my tix.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don’t know how you bike in Chicago; I gave it up when I was convinced that drivers were TRYING to kill me.
    i always wear a helmet, don't listen to music while i ride (much to my dismay), and obey as many traffic laws as i possibly can while also making sure i don't cause any accidents or even inconveniences to anyone else on the road. but it's still terrifying a lot of the time. the general apathy people have toward one another is astounding.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have another update! Jane from LiveNation called me and told me that they apologize for the delay but that the presales had them swamped on Saturday (which is absolutely true and I completely understand and don't blame them! lol). They said they do have ADA tickets held for me to purchase, but that because of "management" (not sure who they mean by this) they aren't allowed to sell them until the rest of the tickets go on sale (that sounds to me like there will be more tickets for sure for these shows, everyone! Don't blame me if wrong I'm just inferring based on what she said....)

So, she said she will email me, and I just got that email, and to reply to the email with my info and the number of tickets and the show(s) I want to go to and she/they will process my order as soon as they are able. Here is the email she sent:

Hi Staci,

Here’s my email. Please send me at your earliest convenience your information and as soon as we are able to, we I’ll process your order. Most likely it will not be processed until next week but I’ll let you know when it is.

Thanks
    Jane

So, things are still looking good! If a bit sketchy to send my card info through email...... but it's NIN and I must. So, email sent, one ADA ticket for the 10/27 Saturday show requested, and I'll let you all know how it turns out! Thanks for the support here guys, I've been freaking out wondering if this can even happen for me and so embarrassed that I actually need an ADA ticket when I used to do rail, damn surgeries.

I hope to see a bunch of you guys there!!!! ❤️

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just called the aragon box office, the man said none of the shows have sold out yet and tickets will go on sale later this week at the box office and on-line. He would not give me a specific day. I asked if he knew what percentage of tickets were still available for the shows and he just there are a lot of tickets still available. Hopefully this is true.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If that’s the case, I’ll feel *slightly* foolish for spending half my Saturday getting tickets, but I suppose it’s a relief to have them for sure. Oh well. Hoping for al you folks that they’re available!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    If that’s the case, I’ll feel *slightly* foolish for spending half my Saturday getting tickets, but I suppose it’s a relief to have them for sure. Oh well. Hoping for al you folks that they’re available!
    If it makes you feel any better, I wish that I could have participated in the Physical World presale and picked up some of the cool merch they had.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just think it's weird that they would do this for a GA venue. Like yeah it makes sense to do the IRL presales for the venues with seats for sure, but it's a bit silly to do it for the GA-only ones. (is there a special line for the NIN presales this time around or is everyone just first come first serve when lining up and entering the venue? because if the people from the IRL presale don't enter first then there really wasn't much of a point at all to do the presale other than buying merch... haha) But I am jealous of the merch that I wish I could've been there to buy! But then again, my bank account is quite happy that it didn't work out that way for me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If it makes you feel any better, I wish that I could have participated in the Physical World presale and picked up some of the cool merch they had.
    I hear you. All my complaints were/are definitely first world problems, so I don’t expect anyone to shed tears for me or anything. I’m just whining is all. Apologies I wasn’t able to help you out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I hear you. All my complaints were/are definitely first world problems, so I don’t expect anyone to shed tears for me or anything. I’m just whining is all. Apologies I wasn’t able to help you out.
    No worries! Another awesome ETS member is helping me out, so I'm all set!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tickets go on sale on the 24th.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    When tickets go on sale Thursday is it expected to be the same $100 price point as people who already got tickets? Aside from online fees etc

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    When tickets go on sale Thursday is it expected to be the same $100 price point as people who already got tickets? Aside from online fees etc
    says price range is 99.50 to 99.50.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/...dium=affiliate

http://www.nin.com/live/ includes links to the sale pages for each show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is the week of my third vacation week, so I might catch one of these shows, as well, even if the prime tickets are gone by the time I get one. I've been to this theater quite a bit. Deep, careful planning months in advance I can do. Short notice when I work are just not made for my life. So I missed out on the big event, but at least I might actually get a show this year. That's something!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    This is the week of my third vacation week, so I might catch one of these shows, as well, even if the prime tickets are gone by the time I get one. I've been to this theater quite a bit. Deep, careful planning months in advance I can do. Short notice when I work are just not made for my life. So I missed out on the big event, but at least I might actually get a show this year. That's something!
    This venue is entirely GA, so it won't matter when you get your tickets

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    For your sake, I hope the pre-sale tickets are some kind of early venue entry. Even though I realize the Physical World thing was more of an experience/event on its own, it would kinda suck to have traveled hours and waited in line for even more hours just to end up half way back in the pit the day of with online ticket people up in the front.

I was tempted to try to get tickets to these shows, but I have to save all my money now to drive out to Colorado, so I really shouldn't.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I was only planning on hitting a Red Rocks show, but after seeing them at the Aragon for Wave Goodbye in 2009, I dunno if I'll be able to resist. If I can get a ticket for like $105 then I just might have to.

Man, it's been almost TEN years since the Wave Goodbye Aragon shows? God. What an awesome venue that was.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    For your sake, I hope the pre-sale tickets are some kind of early venue entry. Even though I realize the Physical World thing was more of an experience/event on its own, it would kinda suck to have traveled hours and waited in line for even more hours just to end up half way back in the pit the day of with online ticket people up in the front.
    Huh? Zero chance of that happening. Makes no sense to do in the first place, and if that were the case for the tix purchased Saturday, you would know it already.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    This venue is entirely GA, so it won't matter when you get your tickets
    I got stuck in the balcony before. I wasn't sure if they would have separate tickets for that area, and leave the open part below for everyone else.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I got stuck in the balcony before. I wasn't sure if they would have separate tickets for that area, and leave the open part below for everyone else.
    nope, balcony is GA too and i'm hoping to get a good spot up there. i have chronic pain issues and standing at shows for too long really fucks me up. i want to be able to enjoy NIN, not feel like i'm 80 years old

i'm really looking forward to this. i'm still mad at myself for missing wave goodbye and, while the aragon doesn't have the best sound for rock shows, it's still a beautiful venue, and seeing NIN indoors (as opposed to at riot fest) will be lovely.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm incredibly excited by this. I might also try to get a good balcony spot. The last show there, I had too many tickets in my car (very 1st world problem there) and had to run back to get the right one, and was stuck in a really bad spot behind some people who were not even interested in the band I was seeing. I just want to be with people who actually appreciate the music. Also, I just really thought about it, today, and it's been since January of 1990 since I saw The Jesus and Mary Chain. I'm really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    nope, balcony is GA too and i'm hoping to get a good spot up there..
    For me too. I’ll do one night in front queuing early. One on the balcony. And the third I’ll see...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 05-23-2018 at 12:28 PM.