Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I got stuck in the balcony before. I wasn't sure if they would have separate tickets for that area, and leave the open part below for everyone else.
    Are you telling me that if I don't get there early enough, they'll MAKE me go up in the balcony? If that's the case (for those who've seen NIN at this venue before), how early is early enough to avoid the balcony?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Are you telling me that if I don't get there early enough, they'll MAKE me go up in the balcony? If that's the case (for those who've seen NIN at this venue before), how early is early enough to avoid the balcony?
    I saw one of the Wave Goodbye shows at Aragon. I got inside shortly before the show started (read: not early) and managed to make my way to the middle of the floor. Granted, it's been almost 9 years but I don't recall anyone being forced to the balcony.

In fact I don't recall this ever being the case in any venue unless my ticket was specifically for the balcony.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I saw one of the Wave Goodbye shows at Aragon. I got inside shortly before the show started (read: not early) and managed to make my way to the middle of the floor. Granted, it's been almost 9 years but I don't recall anyone being forced to the balcony.

In fact I don't recall this ever being the case in any venue unless my ticket was specifically for the balcony.
    Alright, thanks for the clarification. That's what I had assumed would be the case.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I also don't recall that being the case. There was open seating up in the balcony, but the GA area pretty much covered everything. It can get hard to see/navigate if you get there too late, but I don't think anyone was directed anywhere specific. I even went back and forth between the balcony and the floor one of the two nights and didn't have any issues.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    On top of the Nashville show I'm doing ... getting tickets to this Saturday show are SUPPPPPPER tempting, but I don't know if I can fork over that much money right now with so much other stuff going on. Blah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey! I'm new here, hello everyone.

Anyway, I also have my tickets for Aragon. I'm going on Saturday. Since it's my first time seeing NIN I would've loved to go a second night, but my account didn't permit it. While I wasn't a fan of the in person event, I'm still glad I have tickets even though they are going on sale tomorrow online. It's nice to avoid those TM fees for once. My plan is to see the show from the balcony too. The last time I was at Aragon that's where I was and I loved it. Had a great view of everything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, I mean, I could have stayed downstairs, but it was way in the back and I couldn't see or hear much of anything, so I went upstairs. I originally got there early enough (this was VNV Nation) at a couple hours before the show. I haven't been to Chicago for NIN before, but most places I have been to, the line up has started a few hour to several hours before the show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Well, I mean, I could have stayed downstairs, but it was way in the back and I couldn't see or hear much of anything, so I went upstairs. I originally got there early enough (this was VNV Nation) at a couple hours before the show. I haven't been to Chicago for NIN before, but most places I have been to, the line up has started a few hour to several hours before the show.
    Gotcha. This will be my 3rd time traveling to Chicago for NIN. The previous two were at an outdoor amphitheater and an outdoor festival (Riot Fest), so this will be a bit different than those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It'll be fun being able to have some variety for the shows this fall in terms of what I feel like doing. I'm not a huge dude, so I usually don't like to get too close to the front since it's chaos up there. Not that I can't handle it, it's just something I only do sometimes when I haven't seen the artist in forever. I've seen NIN 7 times, and I'm going to all three shows, so I feel like for one of them I might just sit in the balcony and enjoy it from a distance. I suppose it depends on the stage production and how intricate that is. I'll probably rotate where I hang out each night though just for some variety. Can't wait.

Also, Chicago natives should recommend me some places to eat - I'll be there for a few nights.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    It'll be fun being able to have some variety for the shows this fall in terms of what I feel like doing. I'm not a huge dude, so I usually don't like to get too close to the front since it's chaos up there. Not that I can't handle it, it's just something I only do sometimes when I haven't seen the artist in forever. I've seen NIN 7 times, and I'm going to all three shows, so I feel like for one of them I might just sit in the balcony and enjoy it from a distance. I suppose it depends on the stage production and how intricate that is. I'll probably rotate where I hang out each night though just for some variety. Can't wait.

Also, Chicago natives should recommend me some places to eat - I'll be there for a few nights.
    these are all within a reasonable distance of the aragon, most of them have vegan and/or gluten-free options

favorite diner - pick me up cafe (open late)
    favorite vegan restaurant - kal'ish
    favorite pizza (from before i went vegan) - fat chris' (detroit deep dish style)
    favorite breakfast/brunch - tweet (second place goes to bang bang pie & biscuits)
    favorite mexican restaurant - garcia's (go to the one in lincoln square, aka the fun one, NOT the one on lawrence, aka the sad one)
    favorite ice cream shop - george's (if you're into comics, there's a comic shop behind it!)
    favorite coffee shop - groundswell (there are a couple, i prefer the one on damen, everyone's super nice)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Gotcha. This will be my 3rd time traveling to Chicago for NIN. The previous two were at an outdoor amphitheater and an outdoor festival (Riot Fest), so this will be a bit different than those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like we've been to all the same shows in Chicago.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Well that was fast ... I think they're gone already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-cold-and-black-chicago-illinois-10-27-2018/event/040054A9BF323C75?artistid=735762&majorcatid=10001& minorcatid=60

Thats whats coming up when I try to purchase tickets for the Saturday show. I dont know why its just not working for me. The page loaded up perfectly fine for the Thursday show. Whatever.

EDIT: This is disappointing. I give up on this Chicago show. Vegas it shall be.
    Last edited by OoopiDoop; 05-24-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was trying with three browsers simultaneously and my wife was also trying to get some for me at her office and neither of us lucked out. There must not have been many left. Also, is it just me or does TicketMaster look broken? Only displaying HTML.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck. I'm still "in line" but it sounds like that might not mean anything. Fuckin' A.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    is the "Searching...Sit Tight" Ticketmaster thing a good sign? been doing that for 7 mins. im guessing they are gone fro all three shows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The only Ticketmaster page that is still loading correctly as of right now and working is for the Thursday 10/25 show. But I can't do Thursday. I want tickets for Saturday dammit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No tickets for all 3 shows. There couldn't have been many left. I did snag one to Nashville. I'm situated between a lot of cities that get shows, so this was the other option. So, I know I'm going to one show. Hot damn! I just kinda woulda liked to go to Chicago, too. Not buying a scalped ticket, but we'll see if any become available.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, based on being out of town .... that Saturday show would've been the most ideal one for me and my work schedule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Managed to grabbed 1 GA ticket to the Friday 10/26 show. I kept getting error messages when the quantity was two. Have no clue how I'm even going to get there now. Sitting here confused...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just got 2 for Friday. Worth trying again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All sold out. All 3 nights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    All sold out. All 3 nights.
    I just searched for one ticket & got results (sadly can't afford to buy them right now) for Thurs & Fri, nothing for Sat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I just searched for one ticket & got results (sadly can't afford to buy them right now) for Thurs & Fri, nothing for Sat.
    People are randomly getting them to come up when a credit card fails.

You got lucky. Shoulda bought it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TM is super finicky. I remember when I was trying to get tickets for The Cure I could easily get one, but 2 was a bitch to find. I don't know if it's sold out now, but around 10:08 it finally pulled up 2 for me. I was mainly trying to compare prices though, so I let them go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You got lucky. Shoulda bought it.
    Sadly I spent my ticket-buying money last week getting tickets to Phil Collins with my sister. She wasn't getting any when she tried & I couldn't in good conscience not buy the tickets when I got 2 when I searched.

Between that & Elton John I told her we need to go see somebody who doesn't qualify for AARP next time. (Trent qualifies, you have to be 50)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It took twenty minutes, 5 separate transactions and a computer, phone and ipad but I got 2 for Thursday and Friday and 1 for Saturday. At the end TM blocked me from the site because I had refreshed too many times and it thought I was a bot. What a crock of shit. The site specifically says keep reloading, people may release tickets (which is exactly what was happening). They better not cancel my orders. Anyone have that happen before?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    It took twenty minutes, 5 separate transactions and a computer, phone and ipad but I got 2 for Thursday and Friday and 1 for Saturday. At the end TM blocked me from the site because I had refreshed too many times and it thought I was a bot. What a crock of shit. The site specifically says keep reloading, people may release tickets (which is exactly what was happening). They better not cancel my orders. Anyone have that happen before?
    Yes. I think it was when I was trying to buy Foo Fighters tickets. They temporarily blocked me from the site.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wasn't planning on going but my friend and his wife wanted to go so how could I say no?

Got tickets for the second night

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes. I think it was when I was trying to buy Foo Fighters tickets. They temporarily blocked me from the site.
    They didn't cancel the order, right?