Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I'm gonna try to get tickets for both shows. So far, no one local has spoken up about wanting tickets. I can buy 4 tickets to both shows if there is interested peeps on here that need tickets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ayyyyy, this lil Aussie will be at both shows! Bring on October.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I'm gonna try to get tickets for both shows. So far, no one local has spoken up about wanting tickets. I can buy 4 tickets to both shows if there is interested peeps on here that need tickets.
    I'm local and will definitely be there trying Saturday. Would love backup if you can get extras.
    Last edited by lowlight10; 05-15-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I need (well, want) two tickets (for either date)! I'm very interested and would be super appreciative!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Ayyyyy, this lil Aussie will be at both shows! Bring on October.
    i wish you could bring your pupper!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'll be there. This process is making me anxious though. I don't know how the line begins at a time like how close can I be to the line beforehan I am hoping to find where fans are waiting beforehand and go into the line in a group or I don't know.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'll be there. This process is making me anxious though. I don't know how the line begins at a time like how close can I be to the line beforehan I am hoping to find where fans are waiting beforehand and go into the line in a group or I don't know.
    im wondering the exact same thing....so at 8am is it gonna be an all out sprint from whatever crowd is there lining the street. this seems odd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    im wondering the exact same thing....so at 8am is it gonna be an all out sprint from whatever crowd is there lining the street. this seems odd.
    It's really disappointing that they haven't planned for this madness and deterring scalpers/resale. If they have, then they should tell us now to avoid total chaos on Saturday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    Aragon on Twitter said tickets are GA and will be “$99 plus applicable fees”.
    Does anybody have any idea what these "applicable fees" might be? It seems to me that there wouldn't be any fees when purchasing from the box office, right?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Does anybody have any idea what these "applicable fees" might be? It seems to me that there wouldn't be any fees when purchasing from the box office, right?
    CC fee, processing/handling fees? who knows. they'll find a way...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I plan on getting to that Starbucks at 6:30am and hanging out there i guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I initially anticipated it will end up being $125/ticket after fees.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'll be coming for these shows, too. Eeeeeee

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I'll be coming for these shows, too. Eeeeeee
    hey, we can finally get a drink together!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hey, we can finally get a drink together!
    Yeah! I am going to be there at least Wednesday to Saturday. Probably Sunday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    better not be any "convenience" fees...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wish you could bring your pupper!
    Me too! She would love to go walkies through Chicago.

Super excited to meet you though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Most definitely wont be able to make it to the physical presale. But if there are any tickets left that go on sale online, I'll purchase one. Or if someone on ETS is willing to sell a spare. Even if I am able to get a ticket, still gotta figure out a way to get there. 7-12 hour Greyhound bus ride YAAAY!! no but I have no other option cause I am waaayy to broke right now to buy plane ticket. I admit, I am being a bit greedy since I will be attending the 6/15 and 6/16 Vegas shows. So if I don't get to make it to this show, I'll accept that. Que Será, Será.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This fucking sucks for me. Firstly there's a bunch of asshole public transportation issues to get from where I live in the suburbs to the Aragon, and that would be a huge thing on its own just trying to get there with my disability. But, the Aragon is GA only, and because of a shitload of extremely invasive leg surgeries I've had the past few years on both legs (external fixators going through bone and all to fix a birth defect), I'm still trying to learn how to walk. There's absolutely no way I could stand for a whole show.

I called Aragon and they said that since it's GA only, they don't have ADA "seats" but that once I arrive I've just have to request for assistance to show me where to go... which is apparently on the second floor???? DOes anyone else have experience with wheelchairs or walkers at the Aragon? I mean I hope there are elevators or something because I don't see how else this is happening lol. I think I could manage with a walker too with a fold down seat on it, but at this point I don't fucking know. My mobility is just so limited and I'm never sure day to day how it's going to be. It's hard to explain to anyone who has never had to learn how to re-walk, completely differently, on your whole foot instead of just your tiptoes for 27 years.

And back to Aragon, since I can't get to the box office, I just have to sit here and hope and pray with all my black heart and soul that the NIN gods will smile down upon me for me to be able to score a ticket to even have a possibility to get into this venue to see this show. God damn. I don't think NIN could have made this any more stressful for me than it is right now.

Oh and on top if it, I don't have the $99 to spend right this second on a ticket, so even trying to get a kind ETSer to get one ticket for one show for me I wouldn't be able to pay back for a bit (ASAP of course but don't blame you for not taking my word for it lol)

So bummed I had to miss Riot Fest last year because I was laid up with this surgery and now I'll probably have to miss this, too, because of my legs still not able to walk and stand well. :/ sorry for the pity party but I'm seriously so bummed out.

Anyways, I just want to say good luck to all those going to the IRL presales, I hope you get the tickets you want! (except for in Chicago please leave me some for one of the shows okay please thanks )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Update! @m0reta was super kind enough to scour the internet for me, I was getting all sorts of conflicting info but this all sounds promising! http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...598#post408598

it looks like if you're in a wheelchair there is an elevator to bring you up to the handicap seating area, and also that other areas are accessible as well. This takes tons of weight off my shoulders. Also that the wording from NIN seems to be that the online sales will definitely have ADA tickets. Whew. Calmed down for now hahaha. Cannot thank @m0reta enough <3 and I hope this info might help someone else.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    @ihatecrayons FYI I was looking up something else and I found on the ticket page (click on 'more' at upper right) for Aragon that :

"This venue is an all General Admission venue. Patrons requesting accessible seating should purchase a regular General Admission ticket."

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you to get one at onsale later! :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is gonna be so weird. It's really just gonna be a mad dash to the front at 7:59:59 am, huh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    This is gonna be so weird. It's really just gonna be a mad dash to the front at 7:59:59 am, huh?
    This is a terrible plan. I feel like I'm going to show up at 8am and there will be a line 300 people deep because they realized in the morning that they needed a better plan. Idiotic.

On the more optimistic side, I think tickets for Chicago will be selling at face after the initial hysteria dies down. Aragon is a big hall and the NIN draw at these prices with a lot of other cities getting shows may be less than insane.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Didn't say anything about that being my plan, was just wondering aloud how it's going to go down. Should be interesting. Hope it doesn't suck. I don't want to be there forever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Didn't say anything about that being my plan, was just wondering aloud how it's going to go down. Should be interesting. Hope it doesn't suck. I don't want to be there forever.
    I didn't mean your plan was terrible, I was referring to the Aragon's plan, or lack thereof.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ah yeah. I really hope it's not the sort-of-clusterfuck I expect it to be. As long as I get my tickets I'll be fine though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    personally i have never done the wait in line thing so i dont know what to expect tomorrow. im driving 3 1/2 hours to chicago and hoping for the best. i dont like this "new" idea at all but i am excited to get the chance to get tickets to both shows, which may be the last time i get to see NIN. has anyone done this sort of thing at aragon before? any advice?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Should we put together a text or messaging group for the ETS fans in Chicago?

I'm not expecting to get there until 7:45 but would be nice to get an update from someone who is there much earlier to know if there is a pre-line line. I'm guessing there are also some people who won't get there until later and would like to know when it sells out.
    Last edited by lowlight10; 05-18-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would be game for some sort of communication- I won't be there a whole lot before 8, though. I'm driving in from Madison, so I'll be getting up at 4:00 as it is to get there in time.