Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Looks like storms or at least rain all day. So hopefully that works to our advantage and most people stay home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are any of you planning on camping out? Do you think that Radio City will allow that or stick to the strict 8am lineup? I'm planning on getting there around 6am to see if there are other people there and hover around until there is a line...I'm excited, but am also worried about the prices. It seems the tickets in the $200 price range are not VIP, but just closest to the stage...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdeep View Post
    Are any of you planning on camping out? Do you think that Radio City will allow that or stick to the strict 8am lineup? I'm planning on getting there around 6am to see if there are other people there and hover around until there is a line...I'm excited, but am also worried about the prices. It seems the tickets in the $200 price range are not VIP, but just closest to the stage...
    Re: Camping out
    No idea how they will handle this but committed fans + bad weather + presumably underpaid Radio City employees working a Saturday morning shift = Recipe for a rough time

Re: $200 seats near the stage
    Is there a seating chart with price breakdown available online somewhere? I'm hoping the super pricey seats are the box suites and not the upfront seats...although with it being both NIN and The Jesus and Mary Chain at a venue like Radio City I can see the front rows warranting a $200+ price.

Re: Rain
    I'll be packing a few of these and will hand them out:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Rain-Poncho...eywords=poncho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The more I see people complain about the in-person-only thing, the more I feel confident about taking my chances, being apparently one of the few NIN fans actually living within one of the cities NIN is playing in (or at least one of the five boroughs of it). All I need to do is force myself to get up super early. I live in proximity to transportation that will get me close enough (since the subway trains that serve Radio City directly are going to be rerouted for weekend maintenance), and I just barely have enough cash at the moment for one ticket (assuming there are fees even for a "regular" ticket [between the $75 and $250], and that the cheapest tickets are for the worst seats). I can't camp out because I have my college commitments, but if you see an idiot with a red coat, longish unkempt hair, and sunglasses, it's probably me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I took a peak at other venue threads discussing ticket prices. Someone called the Wang Theatre in Boston (also seated) and were told the $250 tickets were for the first 2 rows, the following rows were $225, and so on and so forth. I am assuming this is the norm, and we should expect a similar breakdown. I'll cross my fingers that the $250 tickets are special seating, but I am not expecting that.

Either way I'm excited! I'll probably be in sweatpants or pjs, as I plan to just roll out of bed and make my way there as early as possible with a giant mug of coffee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I took a peak at other venue threads discussing ticket prices. Someone called the Wang Theatre in Boston (also seated) and were told the $250 tickets were for the first 2 rows, the following rows were $225, and so on and so forth. I am assuming this is the norm, and we should expect a similar breakdown. I'll cross my fingers that the $250 tickets are special seating, but I am not expecting that.

Either way I'm excited! I'll probably be in sweatpants or pjs, as I plan to just roll out of bed and make my way there as early as possible with a giant mug of coffee.
    This is great info. I emailed Ticketmaster re: seat/section prices. I will follow up and post the information if they respond.

I tried calling both Radio City and Ticketmaster but was swallowed into phone tree navigation nightmares.

Update: Spoke with Ticketmaster customer service regarding which seats costs what $ and they pretty much said: " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Check back on May 19th"
    Last edited by izo; 05-15-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My husband walked over to Radio City and talked to the people who work there. They said that when the Jonas brothers were coming to town a bunch of people tried to line up for tickets and they were continually shooed away by security. He also tried to get info on prices and didn't get very far - it was basically what we already knew. The dude in the booth did mention that it seemed as if a bulk of tickets were being held back, presumably to be sold through Ticketbastard. Buying them online would be a lot drier. It really sounds as if it's going to piss down rain all day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Big thanks to your husband for checking in person!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I called radio city a few days ago and spoke to a nice dude who told me that it is all seated and the 250 tickets would be like front row,etc.

I live in Pittsburgh so will be driving a nice 6.5 hours Friday evening to get in line with a friend lol. I guess I’m going to go around 8 but I really hope that there aren’t a million people camping out from the night before or anything crazy lol. Really hope this works out. Looks like I’ll be bringing an umbrella too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan695 View Post
    I called radio city a few days ago and spoke to a nice dude who told me that it is all seated and the 250 tickets would be like front row,etc.

I live in Pittsburgh so will be driving a nice 6.5 hours Friday evening to get in line with a friend lol. I guess I’m going to go around 8 but I really hope that there aren’t a million people camping out from the night before or anything crazy lol. Really hope this works out. Looks like I’ll be bringing an umbrella too

Nice to see someone willing to make a lengthy journey for tickets to see one of their favorite bands! 50th and 6th isn't exactly the most camper-friendly intersection. It's part of Rockefeller Center (the complex with NBC Studios), so you bet your ass that there will be cops all over the place. The best way to "camp" would likely be to wait for a Starbucks or McDonald's to open. A quick search on Google Maps indicates that the Starbucks in the underground concourse opens at 6 AM on Saturdays, and there's a 24-hour McDonald's on 6th Ave about three blocks away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lack of Canadian dates has put me in the market for a ticket to this show, if anyone ends up with an extra? I'm thinking about driving down on Friday because last-minute flight prices are outrageous, but it would take literally all day, not to mention getting shifts at work covered. Otherwise I guess I'm taking my chances with an online sale, but that's got me pretty nervous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Nice to see someone willing to make a lengthy journey for tickets to see one of their favorite bands! 50th and 6th isn't exactly the most camper-friendly intersection. It's part of Rockefeller Center (the complex with NBC Studios), so you bet your ass that there will be cops all over the place. The best way to "camp" would likely be to wait for a Starbucks or McDonald's to open. A quick search on Google Maps indicates that the Starbucks in the underground concourse opens at 6 AM on Saturdays, and there's a 24-hour McDonald's on 6th Ave about three blocks away.
    hey thanks for the info man appreciate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No ones heard anything about the pop up record stores for this one huh? I saw reckless records had them for the other venues presales but not nyc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit posted prices: $250 for front rows, $200 for orchestra, $150 for mezz, and $75 for upper/3rd mezz.

Yikes, usually I'd pay anything for NIN but it's tough to convince someone else in your life who isn't a diehard to pay those prices to go with you.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'd be perfectly fine with upper mezz. Ironically, the only two times I've ever been to Radio City, I've literally been in the last row! Still had a blast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does "upper mezz" mean second mezz, or is it synonymous with third mezz? Because I've been aiming for first mezz, but would settle for second if it's cheaper. I will be okay if I'm close enough to the front/middle of either the first or second (preferably the first) to get a good enough view of the band.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm guessing the only $75 tix are 3rd mezz, atleast according to this reddit post (copied word for word below). I guess no one will know for sure til they get to the front of the box office line.

Pit area is $250, orchestra is $200
    Back orchestra and mezzanine is $150
    3rd mezzanine is $75
    Source: Box office

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm going solo and taking the 5:12am train in from Jersey and getting to Penn Station at 6:45. Ten minute walk to Radio City. Got my poncho and Power Bars all ready to go. It's been decades since I stood in line to get tickets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This has probably been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the 4 ticket limit is per person or per show? Like can a person buying tickets only get 4 tickets in total, or could they get 4 for Sat and 4 for Sun?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This has probably been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the 4 ticket limit is per person or per show?
    4 per person, per show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah what time does everyone plan on getting there? For the pre line line? Lol I’m leaving for nyc later today then staying at a friends fairly close by but not sure what time I should show up in the morning yet

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If anyone here is waiting in line saturday morning and can get me 2 tickets for either the sat or sun show I will greatly appreciate it and will pay you immediately for them. Please PM me. My wife has an issue for some reason with me traveling 8 hours away to buy tickets on her birthday.
    Last edited by NotinCnStopMeNow; 05-18-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    4 per person, per show.
    wut

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    wut
    I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to make it more clear. It's also spelled out directly on the ticketing website: https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Edit: I guess I'll try again. Each person in line can purchase up to 4 tickets for each of the dates. So one person could potentially buy a maximum of 8 tickets: 4 for the first date and 4 for the second date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'm still up in the air as to which tickets to buy without breaking the bank. Can we update this thread throughout the night/am to see where everyone is, how the line is looking or if everyone ends up congregating in the Starbucks until 8?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'm still up in the air as to which tickets to buy without breaking the bank. Can we update this thread throughout the night/am to see where everyone is, how the line is looking or if everyone ends up congregating in the Starbucks until 8?
    Ill be at Starbucks beforehand for sure because I will need coffee haha

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to make it more clear. It's also spelled out directly on the ticketing website: https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Edit: I guess I'll try again. Each person in line can purchase up to 4 tickets for each of the dates. So one person could potentially buy a maximum of 8 tickets: 4 for the first date and 4 for the second date.
    Much clearer. Thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ain't no way I'm putting coffee in my body before I get these tickets! Unsure what to purchase, that is some expensive stuff IMO...

Either way, I'll see you there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm gonna say it: This physical pre-sale set-up blows. In theory it's a great idea, but in reality, it's really tough for a lot of people to get there. I mean, I know Trent wants something "different and special", but by doing that, he's preventing a large part of his fanbase from taking part. Although, if I didn't have prior commitments, I would most likely suck it up and drag my ass out there and wait in line for tickets. I'm actually running my first 5k tomorrow morning and then going to stand in the rain watching a soccer game in the afternoon, so no way I can get there anyway.

So, even though I'm pissed by this format, I still really want to attend one of the shows. So if anyone can help a brother out?...I'd like to get back orchestra or first mezzanine if someone who's waiting in line could possibly hook me up with tickets? I can pay immediately. Please PM me if you're able to help me out. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No line yet I can see. I work down the block. I plan on camping out