Thread: 2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Presale info - https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Lineup begins 8am 5/19.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lineup begins at 8am, but any thoughts on how early we should get there to pre-lineup?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Wednesday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey so... I obviously can't make it to NYC just to get in line, but would anybody be willing to grab two tickets for me for the 13th?
    By pure luck, I'm actually already going to NYC that weekend to see the Mew concert on the 14th, so might as well make it a double date?
    Please PM if you can help... thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Edit Edit: prices are posted again, $75-$250 for tickets

Ticketmaster link: https://getmein.io/ZPF9fpFzOM
    Last edited by izo; 05-10-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    RCMH is a 6,000 seat venue & it's unclear if the PIT will be reserved or general admission.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone else see anything about Radio City ticket prices? Show isn't even on their website yet, and no price info on the TM or Radio City FB pages. I assume the prices you saw quickly @izo are going to be accurate unfortunately based on the Boston dates being the same. Brutal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Anyone else see anything about Radio City ticket prices? Show isn't even on their website yet, and no price info on the TM or Radio City FB pages. I assume the prices you saw quickly @izo are going to be accurate unfortunately based on the Boston dates being the same. Brutal.
    I'm hoping the $250 price is because "All seats (including the best seats) will be available first come, first serve" (quoted from https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin) Maybe the $250 will be for the fancy box suites/seats (aka "best seats") at Radio City?

edit: formatting

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Extra brutal considering you have to drag your ass to the venue to get the tickets. But no fees, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG THE PRESALE WRITE UP IS THE GREATEST THING WRITTEN ALL YEAR.
    I'll see you guys and girls there at 8am, but I dont think I will wear black*
    *probably not entirely true

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nice birthday present for me

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If anyone is able to secure a GA ticket for either night (or, hell, both), I will gladly pay and buy you a slice or something. I really REALLY want to see this show, but I can't get to NYC ( nearly 6 hour drive, as far away as possible while still being technically the same state) in a week's notice (plus I have 2 gigs I have to shoot that day back home) to secure a GA ticket myself.
    I would imagine, according to the map, that if these shows are set up for GA, there won't be enough tickets to last for the online sale.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    Nice birthday present for me
    Me too. I'm on the 11th and Comic Con was the early present for me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    But no fees, right?
    If you don't count gas/train tickets/bus fare/airfare as fees.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    If you don't count gas/train tickets/bus fare/airfare as fees.
    Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)
    Well you wouldn't be paying any of those if you were sitting at home, buying tickets online. So it's one or the other, unless of course you live nearby, which I do not. I'm salty about this whole thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Add me to the list of people who needs someone to buy them a ticket. If anyone is willing and will be buying tickets, please PM me. Thanks!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.
    Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    RCMH is a 6,000 seat venue & it's unclear if the PIT will be reserved or general admission.
    The "pit" is literally the orchestra pit, and as such is tiny. Given the nature of the venue, I'd bet there will be seats in there, not standing room only. I suppose there's a first time for everything though.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.
    Which is why I said *my* costs. Of course, YMMV. The root of this is I hope they don't tack on extra fees. Yes, sitting on my ass at home at 10 on a Saturday would be a great way to buy the tickets but...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    can't wait! what an atmosphere to see a concert! I'm probably only going to be able to afford upper level tickets, but hey, it's about being there. I'm most likely doing the first show...but will figure out a way to go to the 2nd show too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Would it really have been that hard to get tix online to these shows? Radio City is 6,000 capacity, so that's 12K tickets that would've been up for grabs. I definitely think anyone online right when they went on sale would've made out with something. This method would've been more desirable if they were playing somewhere with a 2k capacity.

Either way I'll probably still end up in line sometime around 8am. I don't think this system really rules out all the scalpers, what it does though is it gets rid of the casual fans (which is completely fine by me).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If anyone is able to secure a GA ticket for either night (or, hell, both), I will gladly pay and buy you a slice or something. I really REALLY want to see this show, but I can't get to NYC ( nearly 6 hour drive, as far away as possible while still being technically the same state) in a week's notice (plus I have 2 gigs I have to shoot that day back home) to secure a GA ticket myself.
    I would imagine, according to the map, that if these shows are set up for GA, there won't be enough tickets to last for the online sale.
    Hi.

Initially I was holding all of my spares to swap. But after seeing prices, I am only hitting up NYC and Chicago. This means I have the chance to buy up to three spares for each night. On Sunday, all tickets are accounted for. But I still have room to purchase one more for the Saturday night show. Only stipulation is that I want the $ sent to me by like, Wednesday, to be sure it transfers to my account in time. With how expensive these are, I don't want to take the chance of eating spares like I have in the past.

Let me know if you are interested.

Note that there are no GA tickets, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ill be stuck at work during the onsale. Would love a pair for either night, anywhere in the building. Will help with the cost of your ticket as a token of my appreciation if anyone can help. Will also send at least half the money in advance by paypal than pay you the balance as soon as the tickets are acquired either in person later that day or through the mails. Please pm me if anyone can help! Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One week countdown is on. Won't be able to make the 10 hour drive from Canada for the pre-sale so reaching out to the NIN community for help. Looking for 2 tickets to the Oct 13th show and 1 for the 14th if possible. Please PM me if you can buy a few spares and I can offer some extra $$ as an incentive for the trouble. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anybody have enough experience with older school pre-sales to know how much earlier we should show up before the official lineup time? I know someone said Wednesday but that must be a joke. Camping out the night before? Or showing up at like 6 AM on Saturday? And also, how will that work? Is there gonna be a pre-lineup line? Or are there just going to be throngs of black-clad NIN fans charging for the box office, like some kind of We're In This Together video set in midtown Manhattan?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    less than a week away...calling for thunderstorms...we're supposed to have a really crappy week weather wise. rain for the next 10 days basically, and it's been raining the last 2.

anyway, checking the weather multiple times a day for saturday!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Shit, I am not going to be able to make it to Radio City on Saturday. Will pay premium for good seats (either night). PM me once the dust settles.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nervous as hell about this "event" but I'm determined to see these shows so I'll be trekking out for it. There's going to be a lot of people going for these tickets. How many people is the question. Since RCMH has a capacity just about 6,000 people, it would take 1500 people coming and buying four tickets to each show for these to completely sell out. I can't decide whether that means I'm going to get tickets or get screwed.