Thread: 2018.09.29 Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2018.09.29 Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheatre

Presale info - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/...dium=affiliate

Lineup begins 8am 5/19.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does the orchestra area appear to mean seats and no GA?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Ascend Amphitheatre is a typical shed-tour venue with 2,300 seats under the roof & 4,500 capacity on the Lawn.

Looking at the Arctic Monkeys tour date, it can be configured for a General Admission PIT but it's unclear if this show will have the same configuration. Regardless, don't buy Lawn tickets thinking that they're General Admission because you will be very far away from the stage.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    $45.00-$150.00 (ouch)

Ascend is a great venue. Just saw Beck there this past Sunday. There's no roof over the seats, fyi. There's a little bit of cover over what is normally the GA pit but that's it. FWIW, if you're at the front of the lawn you still have a great view. This is about 1/3 the size of a traditional "shed."
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-14-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I was contemplating going to this one since there's it's on a weekend and would work better for my work schedule ... but Midwest weather during the fall is so unpredictable that I'd hate to get a rain filled show. That's usually not a deal breaker for most, but man ... it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Would def be annoyed if it rains after attending the Houston show last December. I've seen 8 or so shows at this venue and have lucked out with weather every time...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Would def be annoyed if it rains after attending the Houston show last December. I've seen 8 or so shows at this venue and have lucked out with weather every time...
    I think I may take a chance and just wait for lawn tickets when they go on a possible public sale with this show then. I have considerably less PTO time with my current job than I have had previously and there's so much stuff going on this year ... but I'd still like to be a part of this tour even if I have to take a hit from my original plan of getting a hotel next weekend just to get tickets to the Memphis show.

It sucks, but hopefully at some point they'll be back in St. Louis where I can wait in line a little longer to get better tickets. =/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I think I may take a chance and just wait for lawn tickets when they go on a possible public sale with this show then. I have considerably less PTO time with my current job than I have had previously and there's so much stuff going on this year ... but I'd still like to be a part of this tour even if I have to take a hit from my original plan of getting a hotel next weekend just to get tickets to the Memphis show.

It sucks, but hopefully at some point they'll be back in St. Louis where I can wait in line a little longer to get better tickets. =/
    How many tickets do you need? I could maybe get you some next Saturday?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    How many tickets do you need? I could maybe get you some next Saturday?
    Oh man, that would be great ... I think we'd probably just up doing lawn tickets since they'll be cheaper ... but we would need two. I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on you though! Let's discuss further and I'll PM ya.

Thank you for the offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what will the the procedure for getting tickets? I know you can't line up before 8 (I think), so will there be a line for the line? Or will there just be a mad dash for the box office? Where is parking for the venue?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Unsure how the line will work but I'm going to probably just park at the Titans' stadium and walk across the pedestrian bridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having to get a hotel nearby. I just have a feeling that the line will be madness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    FYI - there is a marathon downtown tomorrow morning so traffic/parking may be messy. If it's not raining this afternoon I'm going to walk over to the venue and ask them a few questions on my lunch break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what time are people starting to get there and where can you park?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looking for an extra two tickets if anyone has some available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    So what time are people starting to get there and where can you park?
    Nevermind. I think I figured out you can park at the Cumberland park parking lot. I’d still like to know what times people are planning on getting there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After looking at the venue map I feel a little better. I’m not wanting to get in the pit (too old) so hopefully those seats will go first. Anybody have any idea on how many tickets pit would have?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got up at 4 this morning to make the drive from Birmingham. Looks like I should've left earlier. Grabbed the first parking lot I saw, which was about a 15 minute walk from the venue, so the line was nice and long by the time I got here (about 8:15). I'm guessing pit isn't an option for me. I'm just hoping I don't get stuck in the lawn. Good luck, everybody!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No pop-up shop or merch in Nashville....

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Thank you @Kid A for getting our tickets today! Nashville here i come!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How'd you guys do? I wound up getting section 101 row B. I arrived at 8:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GA...drove 2.5 hours and got in line around 6:30...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How'd you guys do? I wound up getting section 101 row B. I arrived at 8:30.
    We got there at 6:30-ish and ended up with section 102 row B. I guess a lot of people wanted the pit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm wondering if there are still the traditional production holds. I know they said all tickets would be available but still...Did anyone land row A? They normally hold those row A section 102 and I've picked them up the day of shows at Ascend before.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    If anyone is on Last.fm, be sure to join the event page! It's just me so far. Haha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This did not sell out, FYI. Confirmed w the venue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This did not sell out, FYI. Confirmed w the venue.
    Looks like I'll get a ticket to this show, then. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Going to give online sales today a shot. Will be coming from FL for this hopefully.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Based off of the fact I was able to cart NYC, DC, and ATL I'd say this one will be a breeze...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Based off of the fact I was able to cart NYC, DC, and ATL I'd say this one will be a breeze...
    Hopefully it will be. Looking to snag three tix. My buddy in Nashville will also be trying.