Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: 2018.09.18-19 Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,063
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Check out the seating configuration for this show, with GA in the back and the front, and reserved in the middle (and the very front rows):

    https://www.axs.com/events/349514/ween-tickets

    The other common one I've seen is where the first few rows are reserved and then the rest of the venue is GA.
    Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    The only thing that led me to think there may be a front-ish GA area is that Gorillaz had one at their show. There was a narrow strip of seats a few rows up from the front (like row 10, not FRONT front) that were GA, and then the rest were kept in the 60s. But I've only seen the one show there, and also haven't seen the seating arrangement for these particular shows, so I wouldn't know, heh.

    My real problem was getting there about 20 minutes to showtime and parking was an absolute cluster fuck. I hadn't realized how problematic parking would be in the mountains. Gee, who knew? ^^' At least it was free.
    Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

    I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.


    Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.
    I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.
    I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.
    I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @ImTheWiseJanitor did you get tickets after all?
    Sure did! GA but it's what I could afford.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.
    You can always Uber or Lyft out there, but you'll still encounter the same trouble with getting out at the end of the night. And a ride from there to downtown would likely run $50+. There are shuttle buses that run up there, but I've never taken one. If you do drive you can always try and park on the streets up to Red Rocks instead of in the parking lot which can save time at the end of the night but if you are able to do that MAKE SURE YOU PARK GOING DOWNHILL! If you pull over for street parking uphill, you won't be able to flip a u-turn to save your life which means you will be waiting for everyone above you to come down.
    Last edited by Arcspiral; 05-25-2018 at 11:03 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.
    https://rrxshuttles.com/

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,063
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.
    Ha! Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever had an in-person conversation about Ween other than how bad that Pushin Daisies song was- and that was back in the early 90’s I think. They apparently have a thread on here, albeit only 2 pages long.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @TheBang did you find tickets yet? (again, i am SO, SO fucking sorry man)
    I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,356
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.
    Shit dude, you got better tickets than me

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know. The benefit (and sometimes curse) of only needing a single ticket.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,331
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?
    There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

    You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,331
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

    You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.
    Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,356
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.
    We are driving too.
    I've driven all around the venue though, and I don't understand where in the FUCK everyone is supposed to park.
    Are there big parking lots near the amphitheater? Did I just not notice them?
    That's very possible, as, like I said, we were driving around because we thought the line for tickets was actually AT red rocks.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stalk my posts
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

    Just for yoouuuuu, @elevenism !

    Red Rocks 2014

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,356
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

    Just for yoouuuuu, @elevenism!

    Red Rocks 2014
    word. Thanks.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got my tickets for both nights. Expensive, but I've always wanted to try this venue and having NIN there is a dream. Now I just have to figure out flights and rooms. aaaaaa I'm thrilled

Posting Permissions