Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.19-20 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Seated theater show, huh? Hello, quiet evening with NIN.

Of course, I'm only kidding. Right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    I am really hoping they put the buyer's name on the tickets and require identification to enter.
    I don't see this happening. It would have been advertised by now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lots of phone calls, eh? I'm soooo looking forward to this lol. I'll be glad when this is over.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-l...ine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-l...ine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.
    Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.
    The one time I happened to turn the radio in forever I heard a spot for it: http://alt929boston.com/event/nine-i...re-sale-event/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Radio stations getting tickets while we all have to wait is total bullshit. They better have mid to shitty seats...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!

-z-

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm going via the MBTA, which opens around 6:00 am, so I hope to be there by 7:30-ish. It's a nice theatre and bigger than the Orpheum, where they played in 2005--sold out in about five minutes, but that was via ticketbastard where you could get tix at any chain.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    I can also confirm no GA- I emailed the theater to ask about it and this was their response:

"Hi Katie –
    Nine Inch Nails at the Wang Theatre will be a seated only concert, no general admission area. I hope you enjoy the show and your first time at the Wang Theatre!"
    The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.
    The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.
    Yeah? I didn't know that. Saw Alice Cooper and Book of Mormon there, just assumed it was always assigned seating.

How long do you expect the line to be by 8-ish? Haven't done this kind of thing since Clinton was in office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

</looking for excuses to sleep in>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

I'd get there before 10am. Not sure how much, but if you just want decent seats, I can't imagine that wouldn't be possible...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.
    I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...
    Scalpers are definitely a concern. Not sure how early they will be willing to get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there tomorrow. I'm the one with short navy blue hair wearing the dissonance shirt.

Likely getting to the area around 6:45-7:00. Is there an ETS bat signal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    So, what the cheapest / best parking there? Tufts seems like the most convenient, but it's likely to be around $30.

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/A...s-Maps/Parking

I'm planning to park in the Tufts garage, but it might be slightly cheaper to park at one of the garages around the corner on Stuart Street. Those are 4-5 min walk from the theater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!

-z-
    Yup. That DD is my first stop after parking tomorrow. See you in roughly 7 hours!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm glad that the Longfellow Bridge will be open. Otherwise it's a huge pain in the ass to take the shuttle--an extra 30 to 45 minutes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I could get seats in New Orleans, both nights. Willing to trade (2 tix) for same (2 tix) in Boston. Can trade in person in Vegas, if you'll be there.
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-21-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh. Will be getting there in about 30 mins...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Math time!
    I like you.

That is not fair. I'll be on my way shortly. I guess at this point I just hope I'm out of there by noon when the rain's supposed to hit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The line is stupid long already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *waves* I’m near the stage doors, near a tall gentleman in a flannel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just arrived... OMG line is stupidly long... Hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is ABSURD. I was like oh, this doesn't seem too bad, then followed the line to find the end... and kept following... and kept following... I suck at estimates but it feels like there may be near 1000 people here, no?