Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Physical World presale ticket help - Closed

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The Physical World presale ticket help - Closed

This thread is to help us work as a community to help each other acquire presale tickets at the venue of the city you would like to attend a show - for those that cannot make it to the physical location on the given presale date.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I'll be in Chicago, if that's gonna be a thing. I'll be able to grab two extra. Also have a friend getting me tickets to the Boston shows. Willing to trade my two extra Chicago tickets for whatever else pops up within 1,000 miles of MN.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Looking for help with the Boston presale, will be out of town day of the presale. 2 tickets to both nights. Thank you to whomever can help!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'll probably just be looking for 1 ticket to the Detroit show(s) if that's a city. Maybe 2, but I'll have to see. The boyfriend showed no interest earlier tonight, so might be going solo to this hah.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I plan on getting tickets in NYC. Interested in swapping spares to any city that is within a few hours train ride.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So it looks as though Trent has made the ticket buying experience a social event. A NIN mixer if you will lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'll probably just be looking for 1 ticket to the Detroit show(s) if that's a city. Maybe 2, but I'll have to see. The boyfriend showed no interest earlier tonight, so might be going solo to this hah.
    Hopefully I will be able to let you know, for sure, sometime tomorrow if I can help (if Detroit happens). I will probably be going solo as well, if you want to meet up.

If I can’t make it to the Detroit venue, I would greatly appreciate someone helping me acquire a ticket. Also, Grand Rapids and Cleveland are possibilities of tickets I would be interested in acquiring. I can buy drinks and dinner for whomever helps me out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm on Long island and if they're playing NY I'm sure it's gonna be the city and I'm not driving into the city to hopefully be able to buy tickets. This is so stupid.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't live close to any city these shows could possibly take place in, but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anyone feels nice enough to offer an extra ticket to sell to someone who doesn't have a ticket to trade back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I want to go to as many NIN shows as I can. Weekend shows are easiest.

Boston - I would like to go to one date. I will buy a ticket and vemno money before hand. As for the rest of the dates, I guess we will see.

Tickets I can reasonably acquire: Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, possibly Cleveland.
    Last edited by iamclassic; 05-09-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This whole "physical world presale" is exciting and stressful at the same time. I have plans on going to a Cleveland, Columbus, or Pittsburgh. I will definitely be able to be physically present at the venue locations for Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh if those show locations come into fruition. So if someone would be able to purchase a spare ticket if a Columbus show happens that would be great. PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If real, this sale is honestly stupid for us that work regular jobs or have things to take care of. It would be cheaper to pay a scalper or get something off of StubHub than taking off a day of work or hiring a babysitter or driving somewhere.

Even prior to the Internet there were multiple locations where you could buy tickets to any show- actual venue, local record store, Boston Store (RIP) I believe for Ticketmaster, etc.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Well so far it seems this is for presale which might be tolerable if there will be venues with sizable GA. Sucky though if you want a seat or it will be venue with mostly seats.

I just care about Florida and my May 19th is pretty free. I am willing to get two at least and split the extra with any others. :-)

Edit: Like Florida would have a*club* show. *sobs*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I'll be in Chicago, if that's gonna be a thing. I'll be able to grab two extra. Also have a friend getting me tickets to the Boston shows. Willing to trade my two extra Chicago tickets for whatever else pops up within 1,000 miles of MN.
    In Minnesota. Will try to pay a kid of mine to buy tickets in MN (if there is such a thing) then I guess I'll be heading out somewhere else (x2 as spouse and I will split up and hit different states/cities) to buy tickets on the 19th. Will come up with a plan when we see the dates/places and could perhaps plan a trade.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If real, this sale is honestly stupid for us that work regular jobs or have things to take care of. It would be cheaper to pay a scalper or get something off of StubHub than taking off a day of work or hiring a babysitter or driving somewhere.
    Yeah, if I end up going to any shows on this tour, I'll probably just suck up the inflated reseller fees on this one I guess.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, if I end up going to any shows on this tour, I'll probably just suck up the inflated reseller fees on this one I guess.
    To be fair, this is all speculation at this point. Might be easy to get tickets after the supposed “pre sale” which would include online sales.

If not, fuck it. Can always go the the secondary market... or not go at all. The Vegas tickets were very easy to come by as long as someone had internet access. Wednesday tickets were available for days, Friday didn’t sell out right away either, and last I checked (was about a week ago) Saturday was still available.

Whatevs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    According to Ticketmaster, the Wang Theatre can be setup with a GA pit.

Hopefully, this means most of the stops will have a GA section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Hopefully I will be able to let you know, for sure, sometime tomorrow if I can help (if Detroit happens). I will probably be going solo as well, if you want to meet up.

If I can’t make it to the Detroit venue, I would greatly appreciate someone helping me acquire a ticket. Also, Grand Rapids and Cleveland are possibilities of tickets I would be interested in acquiring. I can buy drinks and dinner for whomever helps me out.
    Am also very interested in going to Detroit (or next closest venue). Once we know the pre-sale details, maybe we can all work something out?

Edit: I work a couple blocks from the Fox Theater, so I can definitely pick up tickets. The 22nd would be my preference, but I'm flexible. Probably gonna get two for myself and can also grab one for each of you guys if you want! PM if you want to work out details.
    Last edited by ethan829; 05-10-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Will be there for NYC sales, if there happen to be any. If there happens to be multiple venues in NYC I am willing to buy an extra ticket and trade. PM me and we can coordinate locations
    Last edited by izo; 05-10-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, how does this thread make it easier to arrange ticket buying help vs. simply posting needs and offers in the respective upcoming show threads? To me, it would seem to be more effective and focused to have the discussions in each upcoming show thread, vs. a messy free-for-all for every date jammed into one thread.

Am I missing something? If not, it seems like this thread is redundant. Most of the posts in here would have fit right in to the main tour discussion thread.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As much as I enjoy the idea of a theater tour, I do hope there's some kind of arena show lined up in the future just since it would be nice to possibly not have to have anxiety about securing tickets and possible travel just to wait in line for tickets. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm sure St. Louis is going to be skipped over entirely so my best bet is a Chicago, Tennessee or even Kansas City gig ... as it seems most of the bands I really like skip over my city entirely.

Guess we'll find out more in about an hour or so, right?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Not sure I can make it to Radio City next weekend. Would gladly pay face value + a little extra for your trouble for 2 tickets to either night. PM if willing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So here's the thing - I'm going to close this thread because @TheBang made a really good point. Also, per the FAQ on nin.com, there will still be online ticket sales after this presale is over. I don't think this requires a level of urgency higher than any past NIN tour.

Bye!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We will be adding upcoming show threads for each tour stop throughout the day. Please be patient in the meantime.

Thanks!