Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Lovers

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Lovers

This is slowly becoming my favorite of all the tracks released since NTAE. That intro is like pure heroin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    This is slowly becoming my favorite of all the tracks released since NTAE. That intro is like pure heroin.

I agree and it seems to me like Trent likes it too since he did the Song Exploder AND the rehearsal video so I'm just praying it makes it into next year's set lists along with Burning Bright (i'm quite partial to this isn't the place too)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope it remains on setlists and I think there's a fair chance that it does. The fact that the last setlist to date (Day For Night) featured The Lovers alongside The Background World, after TBW had replaced it in its initial appearances, is just another piece of evidence - to add to those @WorzelG mentioned - that this track is really important to Trent. The Song Exploder podcast makes that abundantly clear on its own.

But yeah, I'm with you two - The Lovers is easily my favorite Add Violence track and a close-contender for my favorite track on both EPs. The melding of the disturbing with the seductive is one of my favorite Reznor hallmarks and I have a major soft spot for his trippier stuff (from The New Flesh to Beside You In Time) so a lot of what I love is very much on display in this song. Such creepy, unsettling lyrics. It absolutely nails the environment and ambience Trent talks about trying to evoke in the Song Exploder interview.

Trent's statement that this song didn't really work these feelings out of his system but rather allowed them back into his system - and that he now has dreams about what he brainstormed for this song - just makes it that much more eerie and personal.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 05-05-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: repeated a sentence, D'OH

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This track is maybe my favorite since The Fragile. Those lyrics are so evocative and visceral and the flow and build-up of the track just hits all the fucking marks for me. 10/10

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This quickly became one of my favorites. Definitely the best song on Add Violence.