Last edited by TheBang; 04-30-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: announcement made

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really hoping this actually happens.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2018.09.22 San Antonio, TX @ River City Rockfest

Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post

Predicting “we’re just INCHES away from announcing the lineup.” and “Waiting is like NAILS on a chalkboard” tweets.

it’s happening
    Last edited by somewhat_; 04-26-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Announcement soon.
    WOOT!!!!!! Did I miss the announcement?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    WOOT!!!!!! Did I miss the announcement?
    No official confirmation yet. Just seems pretty likely that it's NIN. I will temper my expectations though because I've been disappointed before. However, if it's anyone other than NIN, please be System of a Down.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    No official confirmation yet. Just seems pretty likely that it's NIN. I will temper my expectations though because I've been disappointed before. However, if it's anyone other than NIN, please be System of a Down.
    I guess if @TheBang made a post in here it's gotta be coming from a good source.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I guess if @TheBang made a post in here it's gotta be coming from a good source.
    Nothing special beyond what you guys have posted here, which was pretty convincing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And...there it is

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Only newer band worse a shit on that lineup is The Sword, and their new material sucks since they decided they don't want to be metal anymore.

Some decent older bands on there though like Bush, Clutch & Chevelle (YMMV of course) and Primus, Suicidal & Joan Jett are top caliber acts alongside NIN. Fun day for those going as long as it isn't brutally hot (it will be).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    VIP with AC and complementary bottled water for $215 might be worth it. Again, literally in a parking lot. Fresh blacktop too

Edit: Stumbled upon this from a public safety radio enthusiast board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio Reference 2017
    San Antonio peeps, the River City Rock Fest is today at the AT&T Center. Noon to midnight.

<cue testosterone grovelled voice of a heavy metal radio announcer>

Four outdoor stages, 21 bands, tens of thousands of beer swilling headbangers and mosh pits.

Add mid 90s temperatures and high humidity and you have a perfect storm for trauma, heat related illness and *** kicking pandamonium.

Live today on Mutual Aid 3 and 4 and your favorite EMS talkgroup!

https://forums.radioreference.com/te...rock-fest.html
    Last edited by ekrekel; 04-30-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Do you guys think the VIP tickets are worth it for this show?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Free water stations for all!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Free water stations for all!!!

Are you telling me it took this long for them to do that? They didn't have them in 2015 and it was fucking worst festival experience ever

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Are you telling me it took this long for them to do that? They didn't have them in 2015 and it was fucking worst festival experience ever
    Over/Under on how long before someone takes an impromptu shower in there?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We got set times. NIN plays from 10:15-11:45.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    84 deg with 100% chance of rain, yay(for VIP+)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow. This is DFN 2017 all over again lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    completely fine with the rain if that means a smaller crowd. hoping for at least a few deep cuts instead of the standard festival set.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    completely fine with the rain if that means a smaller crowd. hoping for at least a few deep cuts instead of the standard festival set.
    Now the drunk meatheads will just be wet drunk meatheads. I've set up a playlist of the under card bands and thinking(in start time order) Blacktop Mojo, From Ashes to New, The Sword, and Fever 333 are my early day favorites. I've pretty much eliminated Upon a Burning Body from contention. Not much into Screamo.

Most certainly will get back to the festival hits set list, but hoping the raw/loud stuff makes its way in. HiS would be perfect for this crowd.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 09-20-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now the drunk meatheads will just be wet drunk meatheads. I've set up a playlist of the under card bands and thinking(in start time order) Blacktop Mojo, From Ashes to New, The Sword, and Fever 333 are my early day favorites. I've pretty much eliminated Upon a Burning Body from contention. Not much into Screamo.

Most certainly will get back to the festival hits set list, but hoping the raw/loud stuff makes its way in. HiS would be perfect for this crowd.
    yeah i'm not super excited about the lineup. i would definitely see the sword but i'm not getting out there at 2:30 and staying all day. really wish there was re-entry into the festival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Wow. This is DFN 2017 all over again lol
    That's what I'm afraid of. I wasn't even gonna go as I was able to score tickets to both Dallas shows in late November. But my friend who was going to purchase my RCR band had to back out so now I feel obligated to drive up there and maybe pick up a few songs I missed due to the DFN storm. I'm just really skeptical about going up there only to get thrown out once the thunder starts rumbling like DFN. I really want to hear Burning Bright, Great Destroyer and possibly Somewhat Damaged though. I know they'll play SD if I don't go. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stone; 09-20-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think we're going to head out from Austin and try and get there about 5-6:00 (don't care for or know any of the early day bands) plus factoring in the rain situation. IF the rain is bad then we'll plan on getting there about 6-7:00ish. My only concern is how late will call will be open.

anyhoo...i'm sure it'll be a good show. Patrick...are you going?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We're trying to get there around 3:30. We want to see All That Remains, and that's about it outside of NIN.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    We're trying to get there around 3:30. We want to see All That Remains, and that's about it outside of NIN.
    ATR has sucked for over a decade now & Phil is a gigantic piece of shit, but holy shit the new song actually rips somehow.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    ATR has sucked for over a decade now & Phil is a gigantic piece of shit, but holy shit the new song actually rips somehow.

Eh, I can understand where Phil comes from. I get libertarians a lot more than i understand full blown conservatives... anyways. They haven't made a fully great album since For We Are Many, but to me at least, they've done a few good ones here and there. The new song is soo good though. I've gotten screwed the last two times seeing them. First time, they were headlining South By So What and the promoters cut their set in half. They skipped my all time favorite track of theirs. Their guitarist gave me their original setlist that day since I was on the rail going nuts. The second time, they were headlining a tour (I called the venue, and were told they were playing last) and ended up being the opener. So we walked in half way through their set. I'm probably just as hyped for ATR as I am NIN tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Despite the forcast, looks like I'll be joining you all. I hope everyone goes to Stone Temple after Primus so we fans can get up front! I managed second row at Riot Fest, I'm determined to be on the rail this time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I don't want to derail this thread, but Phil's worst inclinations stretch far deeper than libertarianism. He's an extreme gun nut with no empathy for whats going on in this country, and is a bigoted homophobe as well. The guy can go fuck himself.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    edit: ticket sold.

See you fuckos there!
    Last edited by Papagolash; 09-22-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This fest do any live streams?