Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.07.09 Montreux, Switzerland @ Montreux Jazz Festival

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.07.09 Montreux, Switzerland @ Montreux Jazz Festival

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    See my transportation tips in this other thread. Again, as I'm sure you are already aware, Switzerland is expensive.

Tickets are a whopping 118 CHF / 325 CHF (100€ /275€).

Montreux is a fabulous town to visit and the entire line up for the festival is absolutely wicked and often the gigs there are special.
    @ninlivearchive : they have a huge HD video archive with the performances dating back to the early 90s, using some very early HD standard (see this performance for instance - or this David Bowie in a rare HD recording). I'm not sure if all the gigs are recorded, but sometimes they even stream them on their website or on a screen just outside the venue.

I'll probably go to this one as well, but that'd be my 6th NIN gig this year and this EU tour is starting to get really expensive for my pockets haha
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-17-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So we're getting another Full HD (heard they're doing 4K these days) pro-shot that'll never be released. Unless somebody leaks it on the internet.
    Hope you guys have a great time there, though. I remember when Prince was there performing 3 nights in a row. Wonderful memories.

Oh and Gary Numan is playing just before NIN, so there's a very good chance of another collab performance. Cars, Metal, I Die You Die, Down In The Park... anything could be possible!
    Last edited by Lerxto; 04-17-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    who else is going? Am I the only one excited about a potential collab between NIN and numan? I mean, the last time it happened here in Europe was in 2009 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Soon.