Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.06.16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don’t think I can do three shows...my poor wallet!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Awaiting my reply about vip ga. Sure was nice not having to fight for tickets at release time. Ease my anxiety.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just sent out my email also. VIP GA TICKETS HERE I COME. I cant believe that they are doing a Saturday show! I was just on the phone with my mother yesterday jokingly telling her to send a text message to Jesus asking that Trent Reznor would do a Saturday show. lol *faints*

Last edited by OoopiDoop; 04-16-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When were you able to purchase the VIP tickets for the other shows? Was it the day of the presale?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Three nights of NIN in Vegas? I'm so stoked! However, am I the only one nervous that the set lists for all 3 shows will damn near be identical? That would not be cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Three nights of NIN in Vegas? I'm so stoked! However, am I the only one nervous that the set lists for all 3 shows will damn near be identical? That would not be cool.
    Last years shows averaged 18 to 20 songs with like 30 different songs total though out. I see at least a few songs getting switched. I am really thinking of just pretending the latter 2 show do not exist and never looking at the set list,lol. Either way, expecting to have my mind blown no matter what. It will be the first time I have seen a NIN show in that small of a venue. The Starlight in KC only held about 7k for the NINJA tour though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    It will be the first time I have seen a NIN show in that small of a venue.
    The Joint is a fantastic venue! The acoustics are amazing. Your mind will be blown for sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    In somewhat related news, reports of mass suicides among Vegas ticket scalpers

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Last years shows averaged 18 to 20 songs with like 30 different songs total though out. I see at least a few songs getting switched. I am really thinking of just pretending the latter 2 show do not exist and never looking at the set list,lol. Either way, expecting to have my mind blown no matter what. It will be the first time I have seen a NIN show in that small of a venue. The Starlight in KC only held about 7k for the NINJA tour though.
    This is really the only way to go. I tend to look at set lists from other shows and become enraged. The two shows I went to last year didn’t include Somewhat Damaged and I was upset

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As long as there’s a couple different songs a night and maybe a debut or two of things not played last year from NTAE and Add Violence (Not Anymore and Dear World are both begging for it) then I’ll be happy with the sets. 3 nights of NIN in a relatively small venue in under a week is a dream come true for me. If any show is likely to get weirder with it set-wise, this is probably it, but regardless I’m just so excited. I went from thinking I’d see no NIN shows this summer to planning on seeing 3. This is too expensive and ridiculous and impulsive and I don’t care, I know it’ll feel worth it at the end.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The thought of driving out of Vegas Saturday morning knowing there’s another nin show that night makes my brain hurt a little. I may have to convince my boyfriend to drive back after the show. My concern is the same as others - the set list is not that different from show to show. However, there’s nothing I enjoy more than a nin show so I’m torn.

I know this is a great venue acoustically but has anyone else had a bad experience in terms of the crowd? When i saw them here during Tension it was easily one of the worst crowd experiences of my life. Maybe it’s the partly obnoxious Vegas drunks but I was pretty frustrated.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I know this is a great venue acoustically but has anyone else had a bad experience in terms of the crowd?
    I was front and center in October, and the crowd was great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I was front and center in October, and the crowd was great.
    Same. It was one of the easiest rail experiences I've had (in terms of physical comfort).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Same. It was one of the easiest rail experiences I've had (in terms of physical comfort).
    how early did you have to get there to get rail? Also, for you rail masters, what do you do about your water/alcohol situation? Or is that a sacrifice that must be made in order to obtain rail?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I rolled in around noon and was maybe the 15th person. But then upgraded my ticket from there.

There will be about 50 VIP tickets that get early entry. So you'll be behind that group of people no matter what, unless you have a VIP ticket.

I had a couple of beers in the afternoon and then just waited until the show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ugh, I don't want rail THAT bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    how early did you have to get there to get rail? Also, for you rail masters, what do you do about your water/alcohol situation? Or is that a sacrifice that must be made in order to obtain rail?
    I get there early (I need to keep some secrets...). I do not drink any alcohol on concert days. However, although I do enjoy drinks (absinthe and Irish Whisky are my favs!), even when going to a "regular" concert (non-NIN, non-GA and/or non-rail), I just don't drink for a variety of reasons that I won't bore people with.

Water of course is another thing. Water is really important when sitting out (especially, say all day in Bakersfield, CA weather last July). It's a judgment call when to stop drinking water to not need to use the restroom. My rule of thumb is usually to start reducing substantially by 2 p.m. and then by 3 or 4, nothing but a few sips. Last actual bathroom run depends on when security is saying they are going to let people in. What is hard is no water available when at the rail as it gets really hot sometimes and there is really no way to purchase any water (or anything else) when up on the rail. I really don't get why at some places (like the Joint) they can't have a server come down front to sell water between the opener and main act.

Also, it's important to learn about the venue. At some, it's really not possible to go walk somewhere mid-day for food or water, so packing food may be necessary. Cushions to sit on are nice too, if you are able to get them back out to a vehicle or hotel room before entering the venue.

Looking so forward to the Vegas shows!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Got my ticket for Saturday. VIP GA for all three nights. June won't come soon enough.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Samesies.

Ahhh. I am so fucking excited. Very nice of Trent to schedule these shows to celebrate my graduation.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    especially, say all day in Bakersfield, CA weather last July
    wow, has it been that long already? my the time flies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got it, see ya there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my shit, but sat in that waiting room forever so missed all the balcony seats, GA balcony here we come

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ticket secured for Saturday! Just double-checked nintourhistory, and this will be my first time seeing two full NIN shows back to back (I'm not counting the Jimmy Kimmel Live mini-concert). I may actually decide to chill on the Saturday show and just watch from a comfortable spot... though I'm sure once I'm in the venue my instincts to get as close to the stage as possible will kick in.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I bought a ticket too. I just don’t know how I’m going to convince my boyfriend to stay for a third show and drive back after...I really don’t want to stay and drive back to LA on a Sunday 🤦🏻♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Well I *think* I’m a go for Saturday as well. I contacted them about VIP GA tix yesterday, and I sent my credit card authorization, which she said she got, so just waiting on confirmation from her, but I’m kind of sweating in the meantime, waiting on that... we’ll see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a ticket too. I just don’t know how I’m going to convince my boyfriend to stay for a third show and drive back after...I really don’t want to stay and drive back to LA on a Sunday 臘♀️

If it requires convincing, then he's not the man for you!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I bought a ticket too. I just don’t know how I’m going to convince my boyfriend to stay for a third show and drive back after...I really don’t want to stay and drive back to LA on a Sunday 臘♀️
    Give him a hundred bucks and tell him to go to Palamino. You get a show and so does he.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Give him a hundred bucks and tell him to go to Palamino. You get a show and so does he.
    I’m into this idea.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    If it requires convincing, then he's not the man for you!
    Hah! The truth is he’s always willing to indulge my obsessions so I know he’ll do it, it’s he driving late part I’m not looking forward to.