Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Dr. Octagon (New album out now 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dr. Octagon (New album out now 2018)

Any love for this weirdo? I'm a big fan of the debut released in '96 , not a fan of the so called second album.. This new album is supposed to be a true follow up the the debut. So far sounds pretty good!

Dr. Octagon is a persona created and used by American rapper Keith Matthew Thornton, better known as Kool Keith. First appearing on Thornton's 1996 debut solo album, Dr. Octagonecologyst, Dr. Octagon is an extraterrestrial time traveling gynecologist and surgeon from the planet Jupiter. Thornton performed and released two albums under the alias. The character was murdered by Dr. Dooom on Thornton's 1999 album First Come, First Served, and was briefly revived before once again being killed on Thornton's 2008 album Dr. Dooom 2, in response to the release of The Return of Dr. Octagon, an album largely produced without Thornton's involvement. A new album under the Dr. Octagon moniker is currently scheduled for release, with Dan the Automator returning to production.

Listen to the new album here:
    https://www.npr.org/2018/03/29/59700...-horripilation

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i loved dr octagonecolyst back in the day

listened to alot of el-p's fantastic damage, aesop rock's bazooka tooth and dizzee rascal's boy in da corner at the time too

my roommate at the time called it robot music

ahh the good old days before crazy electronic beats infested mainstream rap music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    i loved dr octagonecolyst back in the day

listened to alot of el-p's fantastic damage, aesop rock's bazooka tooth and dizzee rascal's boy in da corner at the time too

my roommate at the time called it robot music

ahh the good old days before crazy electronic beats infested mainstream rap music
    I've been neglecting my Rap/HipHop for a while now, as i usually go through phases where I'm REALLY into one genre before I wear it out for a while. Coming back around to Rap. I'm going to check out these other records, thanks!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Did a show last night in BK with Handsome Boy Modeling School, another Automator project. Thats a great double bill of weirdness.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Never actually cared for the Octagon stuff, but I loved Kool Keith's albums that came out a bit later (around '99/'00) like "Black Elvis/Lost in Space", "First Come, First Served" and "Matthew". The best work he did back then I consider to be "Masters of Illusion", a collaboration with another Rapper by the name of Motion Man.

edit: see -

Last edited by r_z; 04-07-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Love that song that goes "Earth people, New York and California, Earth people, I was born in Jupiter." The book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die states that Kool Keith had killed off Dr. Octagon on the first Dr. Dooom album because he complained that Dr. Octagonecologyst's fanbase was mostly white.

Who said it, James Joyce or Kool Keith?
    http://hudsonhongo.com/joyce/
    http://hudsonhongo.com/joyce2/