Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: IDW uses BOM graphic in presentation

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

IDW uses BOM graphic in presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ncements-c2e2/

i was actually surprised this hasn't been posted here yet (probably just a stolen logo but you never know)
    Year Zero comic book? I'd be down for that. Would certainly be easier to organize than a TV show at this point.

ADMIN EDIT: moving this discussion here for now. I might lock it in a few minutes if it turns our to be not NIN related.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The comic company in question here, IDW, publishes a lot of books involving licensed properties. I think there's something legit going on here. Alternatively, yeah, somebody's getting sued.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ncements-c2e2/

i was actually surprised this hasn't been posted here yet (probably just a stolen logo but you never know)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Rodgerson View Post
    The comic company in question here, IDW, publishes a lot of books involving licensed properties. I think there's something legit going on here. Alternatively, yeah, somebody's getting sued.
    Yeah that's why I shared it (and was surprised I was the first). I have a feeling it isn't but the licensed comics that IDW does is one of a few reasons why I'm not completely counting it out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Comics for physical component #3? Tell me it ain't so?

Even if it's just some unrelated YZ content reprint, I'd welcome it. Really enjoyed some of IDW's output in recent years, especially their Godzilla minis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Per Bleeding Cool, looks like IDW's main event is tomorrow at 1:15 EST. If this comic/YZ thing is for real, keep an eye out for it then.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Nothing official has been reported yet, but we're not the only ones speculating a YZ comic.
    For what it’s worth (maybe nothing), Rob mentioned an upcoming project in a medium he’s never worked in previously. He expected the announcement to happen in Feb or March but it was pushed back. I wonder if this is what he’s working on.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    For what it’s worth (maybe nothing), Rob mentioned an upcoming project in a medium he’s never worked in previously. He expected the announcement to happen in Feb or March but it was pushed back. I wonder if this is what he’s working on.
    This was his response on twitter when asked if the comic rumor is related to what he’s working on.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...270614017?s=21

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    This was his response on twitter when asked if the comic rumor is related to what he’s working on.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...270614017?s=21
    Has he directly commented on the use of that YZ image in the piece about IDW's announcement?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Has he directly commented on the use of that YZ image in the piece about IDW's announcement?
    yeah he figured someone just google searched images for confidential or censored and just grabbed whatever was relevant.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...14594207547394

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    yeah he figured someone just google searched images for confidential or censored and just grabbed whatever was relevant.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...14594207547394
    Cool, good to know that's fully debunked, then. I would have looked around for that Sheridan tweet myself, but I've just been finding... twitter dot com very difficult to navigate around, these days.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    He just posted again
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...762039296?s=21

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    well that sucks.

at the same time though, i've never dug or understood the appeal of comic books, ever

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    well that sucks.

at the same time though, i've never dug or understood the appeal of comic books, ever
    Them's fighting words

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Them's fighting words
    hahahaha

i'm sorry. i've just never been able to dig it. i wish i COULD dig it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Try replacing the words 'comic' and 'book' with 'graphic' and 'novel' respectively.

There's a load of interesting stuff out there that doesn't fall into the trappings of typical mainstream superheroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Try replacing the words 'comic' and 'book' with 'graphic' and 'novel' respectively.

There's a load of interesting stuff out there that doesn't fall into the trappings of typical mainstream superheroes.
    I hate the term "graphic novel" when intended to mean "allegedly relevant comic book", rather than a specific format of comic book. And of course, there are hundreds of graphic novels featuring typical mainstream superheroes.

Anyway, I'm a bit baffled by elevnism's assertion. To me it would be like saying the same about "cinema", "music", "painting" or "sculpture". One thing is not being particularly interested in a particular art form, and other thinking you have to "get" the appeal. We are not talking genres gere.
    Last edited by Shunt; 04-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Sequential art baby! I have a feeling this discussion is going to be split out of the Spotting thread.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Why do people continue to ask Rob about NIN stuff? The dude clearly has nothing to do with NIN anymore. He is involved with NIN these days about as much as Richard Patrick is...He's a ghost from the NIN past

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Why do people continue to ask Rob about NIN stuff? The dude clearly has nothing to do with NIN anymore. He is involved with NIN these days about as much as Richard Patrick is...He's a ghost from the NIN past
    Because Rob was the creative director for YZ and this was his direct work. I imagine he'd likely be involved even though he is no longer involved with NIN. It's a legitimate question to ask him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm going to assume, since 1 EST has passed, that this was just a stolen image and not YZ related?
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 04-09-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

Try replacing 'graphic' and 'novel' by 'bande' and 'dessinée' ; )

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I'm closing this thread until we have any news that says this is legit.