Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Roseanne - Cancelled

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm like.. dying to know what Sara Gilbert has to say about all of this because she is presumably going against everything she stands for to even be partially associated with this trainwreck.

That was fast, Roseanne's already "apologized" and is apparently leaving Twitter. She's so fucking senile and that's not an excuse for anything.
    @THEsaragilbert
    Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least.

This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we’ve created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love— one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    abc has cancelled her show. feels good, man.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Thank God. This whole thing felt like a part of the slow boil for us frogs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    abc has cancelled her show. feels good, man.
    I'm sure Fox would love to pick it up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Life truly comes at you fast.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Buh-bye.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh dang.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Still cracks me up every time the fuckin' DICTIONARY calls someone out lmao

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't help but feel bad for the rest of the cast and production crew.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really liked the Roseanne revival and was looking forward to season 2, but her comments were totally indefensible. She did this to herself. Way to shit on a great legacy.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    aaaahahah eat shit roseanne

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Have to wonder if another network will pick up the show and who would still be on board.

My bet is she starts another show on FOX, playing another, similar character.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Have to wonder if another network will pick up the show and who would still be on board.

My bet is she starts another show on FOX, playing another, similar character.
    My money is on CMT. Same far right demographic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Today is a good day. Goodbye Roseanne, good riddance.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I can't help but feel bad for the rest of the cast and production crew.
    I understand where you're coming from, but in this particular instance, I disagree. It's not like she suddenly became batshit crazy after they rebooted the show. She's got a history of being like this. Anyone who got involved and did their due diligence before agreeing to work on the show KNEW that this was who she was and they made the choice to say "yes, I can work with this." It would be like everyone in the west wing losing their job if Trump were suddenly out. On some small level, I feel bad for other people losing work because someone else fucked up - but if you know you're working for a racist tool in the first place, you know the risk.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Annnd now dropped by her agency as well. lmaoooo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll try to 2½ Men it and kill her character off? It's a little different when Roseanne is the name of the show, but Charlie Sheen was pretty much just as synonymous with his show and they still (kind of) made it work.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think it's important that people are called out for saying outrageous things, i think she was trying to create controversy for attention.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll try to 2½ Men it and kill her character off? It's a little different when Roseanne is the name of the show, but Charlie Sheen was pretty much just as synonymous with his show and they still (kind of) made it work.
    i'm imagining the logo changed to DAN! with all the other letters of ROSEANNE crossed out or modified hahaha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm imagining the logo changed to dan! With all the other letters of roseanne crossed out or modified hahaha

"Darleeeeeeeeene"
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 05-29-2018 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Apparently you can't use all caps now

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The difference is that Two And A Half Men was put on hiatus after Charlie Sheen's antics. Roseanne was straight up cancelled. ABC could retool the show if they really wanted to put the effort into it, but it's kind of like trying to repair a ship that's been torpedoed. No matter how much you try to fix it, that ship is going to end up on the bottom of the ocean eventually.

Anyway, good riddance to her and to the revival.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 05-29-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys, if I wasn't able to separate the art from the artist, I would have half as many films, music, TV shows that I enjoy.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Guys, if I wasn't able to separate the art from the artist, I would have half as many films, music, TV shows that I enjoy.
    so ... you enjoy racists as long as you can (somehow) forget that part? i'm not trying to be a douche and i expected plenty of people to even vaguely play devil's advocate, just kind of surprised to see it so soon here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so ... you enjoy racists? i not trying to be a douche and i expected plenty of people to even vaguely play devil's advocate, just kind of surprised to see it so soon here.
    Surprised? Here? C'mon fam...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    But what if the artist is a pile of human garbage and the art was never good in the first place?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Surprised? Here? C'mon fam...
    genuinely. and i edited my post a little for clarity.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The difference is that her "art" and her personal beliefs became so intertwined by the end that they became inseparable. She literally changed the character she played so that the character would fit in with her own views rather than stay true to how the character was originally played.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All this over a tweet, I don't even follow this shit but come people who cares who likes who and who hates who. Wow, that is all I can say. Fucking pussies. And yes I have no reference and have NOT even read the tweet and have no idea who it is about. All I cared about was laughing for around 22 mins.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 05-29-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit: fuck it. not worth it. this thread isn't going to last much longer. fine by me.
    Last edited by kel; 05-29-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    All this over a tweet, I don't even follow this shit but come people who cares who likes who and who hates who. Wow, that is all I can say. Fucking pussies. And yes I have no reference and have NOT even read the tweet and have no idea who it is about. All I cared about was laughing for around 22 mins.
    This guy is a free-thinker.