Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Grateful Dead

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Grateful Dead

I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time that I couldn't find a thread on the Dead. I've been on a major Dead kick for the past year. Anyone else out there a fan? Been to multiple shows from the various incarnations of the band? Favorite songs? Favorite bootlegs?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I admit, I haven't heard a lot of songs by the Dead as I'm not entirely familiar w/ their work other than songs like "Truckin'", "Touch of Grey", "Uncle John's Band", "Casey Jones", and a song that Jane's Addiction covered for a tribute album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    and a song that Jane's Addiction covered for a tribute album.
    Ripple.

I know there definitely was a Dead thread a while ago, but it didn't get much action. Might have actually been the old forum. Anyway, I'm a big fan and am really liking Dead and Company. I was pretty weary about John Mayer at first, but he won me over when I saw them last summer and I honestly can't wait to see them again this summer.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ripple.

I know there definitely was a Dead thread a while ago, but it didn't get much action. Might have actually been the old forum. Anyway, I'm a big fan and am really liking Dead and Company. I was pretty weary about John Mayer at first, but he won me over when I saw them last summer and I honestly can't wait to see them again this summer.
    I saw Dead and Co on a Bonnaroo live stream last year and was surprised at how good they sounded. Regardless of how people feel about Mayer, he's a very good guitarist and seemed to invigorate the bands from a live standpoint. Unfortunately, they're coming nowhere near me this summer. Also enjoyed the Fare Thee Well concerts from two years ago, the shows in Santa Clara were fantastic.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Dead & Co. "The Final Tour"

I went ahead and signed up for the presale for St. Louis and both Chicago dates (Wrigley!). Let's see how insane this is...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Oh no! Not the Hateful Fred on this site! I thought this was a safe haven. No shade on anyone but they're my least favorite band of all time. I had an ex-friend whom I hired & then he proceeded to torture me with that shit every single fucking day for 2 years. Now they bring on a psychotic reaction. It's my psychosis & I won't bother y'all anymore.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Dead & Co. "The Final Tour"

I went ahead and signed up for the presale for St. Louis and both Chicago dates (Wrigley!). Let's see how insane this is...
    End of an era. Definitely hitting both Citi Field shows this year, and prob gonna shoot for at least one, if not both, of the Saratoga shows. The question now is... what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Oh no! Not the Hateful Fred on this site! I thought this was a safe haven. No shade on anyone but they're my least favorite band of all time. I had an ex-friend whom I hired & then he proceeded to torture me with that shit every single fucking day for 2 years. Now they bring on a psychotic reaction. It's my psychosis & I won't bother y'all anymore.
    Last edited by imail724; 10-07-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Sorry, couldn't resist!