Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Is this a festival or a full headline gig? I have absolutely no interest in any other band on the roster or in festivals in general.
    There will probably be at least one support act, but no it's a full headline gig. Meltdown is a series of gigs across 10 days at 2-3 venues.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    There will probably be at least one support act, but no it's a full headline gig. Meltdown is a series of gigs across 10 days at 2-3 venues.
    Given how the last small NIN show in London went down, I'm convinced that it'll impossible to get a ticket. Shame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Some people had said capacity was 5,000. It's not, it's half that. Shit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Do we know when the Southbank Centre usually releases tickets? We're going to have our fingers on the fucking trigger if we want to have any hope of getting in.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Placebo are a shitshow these days anyway.

Not optimistic for a presale but it would be nice!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Given how the last small NIN show in London went down, I'm convinced that it'll impossible to get a ticket. Shame.

The Scala was 500 people.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I am at work during the sale time and that is going to be a bitch to sort out

So, if I miss out, will succ for tix

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So are the Cure not playing? I thought usually the curator played a gig aswell, think each band playing is invited to bring a support act of their choosing with them, at least they did on the three occasions i have been to the festival, and the support bands are usually abnormally good too. So probs more artists to be added unless the system has changed.
    but fuck... amazing line up, hopefully squeeze in My Bloody Valentine aswell as NIN

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So guys, southbank members get booking 2 days ahead of time.
    It's £69
    Ticket cap is 4 per person

Anyone interested in dropping 17 quid to get a guaranteed ticket?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Is this a festival or a full headline gig? I have absolutely no interest in any other band on the roster or in festivals in general.
    Meltdown Festival is a series of individual headline gigs at 2 different venues over about 10 days. Its curated by a different artist every year. This year, it's Robert Smith picking the bands. All leading up to the big Cure 40th anniversary show in Hyde Park. The venue NIN is playing is under 4000 capacity. Here's a list of who is playing so far. It's pretty stunning. Wish I could go!

Royal Festival Hall -
    June 15 - Psychedelic Furs & The Church⠀
    June 16 - Placebo⠀
    June 17 - The Libertines⠀
    June 19 - Manic Street Preachers⠀
    June 20 - Deftones⠀
    June 21 - Mogwai & Kathryn Joseph⠀
    June 22 - Nine Inch Nails⠀
    June 23 - My Bloody Valentine ⠀

Queen Elizabeth Hall - ⠀
    June 15 - 65daysofstatic⠀
    June 16 - The Notwist⠀
    June 17 - Alcest⠀
    June 21 - Kristin Hersh⠀
    June 22 - Mono⠀

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What time of the day do these tickets go on sale? 10am?

What are the chances of actually scoring a ticket to this during the General sale? Do you guys think this thing is going to sell out simply to the southbank members?
    £69 = $124 Canadian... That's insanity!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    What time of the day do these tickets go on sale? 10am?

What are the chances of actually scoring a ticket to this during the General sale? Do you guys think this thing is going to sell out simply to the southbank members?
    £69 = $124 Canadian... That's insanity!
    check out the meltdown festival website. i'm being lazy, you should be able to find pretty easily. also, they haven't announced the last night yet. could be something special.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So guys, southbank members get booking 2 days ahead of time.
    It's £69
    Ticket cap is 4 per person

Anyone interested in dropping 17 quid to get a guaranteed ticket?
    Sorry i might be being dumb here, isn't it £69 just for the membership, then the tickets are the same price on top just without a booking fee?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Word of warning to anyone wanting membership, I tried online and it kept giving me errors, when I contacted them they said they have a certain postcode area for membership (London i presume and I don't live there) so you woi!d probably have to phone them to set it up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Word of warning to anyone wanting membership, I tried online and it kept giving me errors, when I contacted them they said they have a certain postcode area for membership (London i presume and I don't live there) so you woi!d probably have to phone them to set it up
    This smells of bs. So anyone in London (with membership) will get to sell the place out before tickets go on sale generally or through NIN presale.
    Unless we get a pre-sale code this is looking like a London based ticket scalpers delight.
    Strange venue for NIN gig though...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    think NIN are doing this because Robert asked them to. he's one of Trent's idols. at least to me, the influence is obvious & huge. without the Cure, there wouldn't be a NIN @ least as we know them. btw, I'm a pretty huge Cure fan. of course, David Bowie casts a huge shadow over both bands. when I heard Robert was "cure"ating the festival, I predicted Trent would be playing. I called that one. think some sort of collaboration could definitely happen. hope someone is taping! I also think that nothing records could be an excellent home for a new Cure record with Trent & Atticus co-producing with Robert. there's also a NIN connection with Reeves Gabrels via the Outside tour with Bowie. anyone up for an epic cover of "I'm Afraid of Americans" at the show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    think NIN are doing this because Robert asked them to. he's one of Trent's idols. at least to me, the influence is obvious & huge. without the Cure, there wouldn't be a NIN @ least as we know them. btw, I'm a pretty huge Cure fan. of course, David Bowie casts a huge shadow over both bands. when I heard Robert was "cure"ating the festival, I predicted Trent would be playing. I called that one. think some sort of collaboration could definitely happen. hope someone is taping! I also think that nothing records could be an excellent home for a new Cure record with Trent & Atticus co-producing with Robert.
    Agree, good scope for collaboration there.
    Will there be another UK headline gig or not that's the Question. Just wish they'd publish the list in it's whole. Unless it's still evolving of course.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    This smells of bs. So anyone in London (with membership) will get to sell the place out before tickets go on sale generally or through NIN presale.
    Unless we get a pre-sale code this is looking like a London based ticket scalpers delight.
    Strange venue for NIN gig though...
    The actual response i got was that 'your postal address or bank account name may be out of the strict parameters the online direct debit system uses' make of that what you will

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trying to get through to the membership people on the phone, and all the operators have been busy and when you go to voicemail, it is full! hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't afford a membership and ticket so i'll just have to take my chances. I think i used up all my luck on the Scala show though...

Good luck everyone

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    check out the meltdown festival website. i'm being lazy, you should be able to find pretty easily. also, they haven't announced the last night yet. could be something special.
    I've looked up and down and sideways all over the metldown site, it doesn't indicate the time these go on sale. Just says:
    "Tickets go on sale to Southbank Centre Members on Tuesday 13 March and on sale to the general public on Thursday 15 March. For your best chance to secure tickets, join now as a Member."

When you click on the actual band/event - It just says "On sale soon" no details...

So, I'm going to assume 10am London time.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Membership presale is limited to a certain allocation of the total seats. I'm pretty sure @ManBurning is correct about 10 AM on-sale time (both members and general sale). And besides online, you can also try calling on the phone or in person at the box office.

Don't forget that even if the available seats "sell out" immediately, they're only reserved for a certain amount of time for people to complete their checkout transaction, and if they fail to complete it, they go back into the pool. So, when it goes on sale, if it shows sold out, keep trying and there may be some seats that become available in 10/15/whatever minutes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Membership presale is limited to a certain allocation of the total seats.
    Do you have that from the 'horses mouth' (as it were) as I was exchanging tweets with someone yesterday who seemed to be in the know, and who said that there is no amount put by for the general sale, if they go in the pre-sale, they go?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    , you can also try calling on the phone or in person at the box office.
    That would require a flight to London! Theres only so far this NIN obsession goes =)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The actual response i got was that 'your postal address or bank account name may be out of the strict parameters the online direct debit system uses' make of that what you will
    I got through and bought a one off membership yesterday, the lady couldn’t work out why I had been denied and there shouldn’t be any location limits to who can be members.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got through and bought a one off membership yesterday, the lady couldn’t work out why I had been denied and there shouldn’t be any location limits to who can be members.
    So how much was the one off membership?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So how much was the one off membership?
    £69 which is £17 between 4, worth it for the chance to score tickets

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I might just go along to the ticket office - it's less than 30 mins from me and I have no other plans that morning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there will be a NIN.com presale for this? Can't decide whether I should buy membership of the RFH (I live 300 miles away, so aside from this, I won't get much use from it) or whether to hope theres a NIN presale or just gamble and try the general sale...