Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Do you have that from the 'horses mouth' (as it were) as I was exchanging tweets with someone yesterday who seemed to be in the know, and who said that there is no amount put by for the general sale, if they go in the pre-sale, they go?
    Based on past experience with RFH. I suppose an artist could always request that it be done differently, but I don't see why it would be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Based on past experience with RFH. I suppose an artist could always request that it be done differently, but I don't see why it would be.
    Spoke to box office, and they have confirmed a proportion of seats (and not just the cheap seats) are being held back for general sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoke to box office, and they have confirmed a proportion of seats (and not just the cheap seats) are being held back for general sale.
    Presale just announced for 14 March 10AM GMT, general sale 15 March 10AM GMT.
    Last edited by afors; 03-09-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just 500 seats in the NIN pre-sale (horses mouth). Good luck!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get Scala tickets so hopefully that luck will continue this week. If I don't get tickets I'll live, I have Pearl Jam that week.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scardwel View Post
    Just 500 seats in the NIN pre-sale (horses mouth). Good luck!
    I must say though that NIN is definitely very good about taking care of their fans in that regard. Given the circumstances of this show & venue, 500 seems very fair.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    I was lucky enough to get Scala tickets so hopefully that luck will continue this week. If I don't get tickets I'll live, I have Pearl Jam that week.
    Enjoy PJ. I'm seeing the 2nd "homestand" show in Seattle on 8/10. Got very nice seats.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Enjoy PJ. I'm seeing the 2nd "homestand" show in Seattle on 8/10. Got very nice seats.
    Sounds awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Darlings! Newbie here, medium-size NiN fan but proper MELTDOWN ARMY! I love Meltdown coz I hate festivals, grass, people. Meltdown is small concrete venues with clean toilets. So here are a few things that will help you get tickets:

1. Get in the queue for the box office. The Radiohead kids queued overnight. I usually get there about 5am but am going earlier this year as each band on that line up has an army of obsessives. For Radiohead I arrived at 6am and still didn’t get tickets.

2. Bring a folding chair, blanket, hand warmers etc... the venue is on the river and that wind is evil!!!

3. The website will freeze. The phones will be permanently engaged. The Southbank centre is arts funded and they do not have the budget to pay for a state of the art booking system that will only get used once or twice a year. The rest of the time what they have is sufficient.

4. The tickets are controlled by Southbank - they do not allow pre-sale to bands fans. This could have changed but I don’t think the patrons would allow it. I could easily be wrong. Unless of course the band has made a sizeable charity donation to the centre, in which case that band is a class act.

5. I spoke to the security and they will be setting up an area for us to get cosy in. I jokingly asked if they will provide biscuits and hot choc and the bloke said that they’d see what they can do.

6. The staff at SBC are darlings! These are not your usual venue staff. You might get the occasional moody one but in the most part they will help in any way they can. This in an ART CENTRE run on grants, charitable donations and whatever profit they can accrue. It is not a corporate gig venue - if you haven’t been before then expect a very different experience.

Good luck everyone! Maybe see some of you in the queue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PS. Don’t tell Libertines fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh and one last thing: NEVER GIVE UP - there are often returns to these gigs, so keep phoning that box office, don't be ashamed to beg, cry and grovel.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gassjack View Post
    Oh and one last thing: NEVER GIVE UP - there are often returns to these gigs, so keep phoning that box office, don't be ashamed to beg, cry and grovel.
    Good info, wish I could go. If you go up the thread you'll see there is a limited NIN presale. Maybe was a condition of them playing, as this is small show for them. The rumours are flying for last 2 nights of festival. Like Robert Smith is going to invite his band to play. If I were in England, would definitely prefer that to the Hyde Park extravaganza!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I saw someone mention a NiN pre-sale, it could happen but has never happened before. I’ll believe when I see it.

No band gets special treatment at Meltdown, supposedly it is an honour to be invited to play. I think if any band has ‘conditions’ they’d be politely uninvited.

In the past there has been a stipulation in the contract that each artist should not do their standard show, something ‘more’ is required, be that revisiting obscure material, featuring guest artists or trying something new. This may not be the case anymore but I hope it is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yes I saw someone mention a NiN pre-sale, it could happen but has never happened before. I’ll believe when I see it.
    There is a NIN presale, the band sent out an email with a password yesterday to the mailing list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic!!! That’s great news, and as far as I know, it’s a first!

Sadly I didn’t get an email though. I’ve been on that list since The Fragile... I think.... not sure... actually might have been With Teeth....

Fingers crossed the whole show didn’t sell out on pre-sale then.

When was/is it? Anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve just spoken to venue and the corporate seat allocation, which is about 70 seats, has been given up for pre-sale.

Pros: You might get a ticket and it’s likely to be a box! Sweeeeeeet!!
    Cons: There is now very little chance of returns on the night as its the corporate seats that usually get returned

Good luck everyone!

For those that don’t score in the pre-sale then come join the queue, I’ll bring the whiskey, you bring the ginger.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fantastic!!! That’s great news, and as far as I know, it’s a first!

Sadly I didn’t get an email though. I’ve been on that list since The Fragile... I think.... not sure... actually might have been With Teeth....

Fingers crossed the whole show didn’t sell out on pre-sale then.

When was/is it? Anyone know?
    You might not have got the presale email because the site has changed several times since the with teeth era, if you go into nin.com and sign up now (you don't have to buy anything) you may get the email. It's worth a try, the presale isn't until the 14th (10am), I got Southbank membership so I'm holding out for tickets from the member presale on the tuesday, im happy to support the arts anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that might be the case. I’ve signed up a few times but gave up eventually. I’m committed enough to queue for seven+ hours for tickets but ask me to spend a minute longer than I have to on a computer and my eyes glaze over!

Which kinda explains why I didn’t read about the pre-sale further back in this thread. Oops!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Are you a SBC member, gassjack? Are you hitting the queue on the 13th or 15th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hitting that queue early as poss on 13th. Yes I'm a member (as of yesterday).

Are you going to queue as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Nope. I'm 4ft10
    Yep - me too.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll try for pre-sale and general (i just want one ticket, i don't have any friends...least any that like NIN) but i think i used my luck on the Scala show so i won't be too disheartened if i don't get tickets (plus i think it's the BFI Anime fest on south bank the week before, so chances are i'll be at that as well)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's everyone's thoughts. Do you think this is the only London (or indeed UK) 2018 show? Or does he announce another one after this ones has sold out?
    I'm going with a online pre-sale attempt, but realise that I could be in for a let down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good luck everyone who is queuing tomorrow! I wish I could go and try my luck but I'm away from London for a few days. Perfect timing
    I'm not a SBCentre member so if anyone is able to buy one extra ticket for me please let me know!! (I'm back in London on Thursday night)

I remember the good old times when I was queuing from 3am outside the Astoria back in 2005 and maneged to get my 2 NiN tickets

Also, few years ago I saw Josh Homme's acoustic gig at the Meltdown fest and I just went to the RFH on the morning of the public sale and I bought the last 2 remaining tickets

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts. Do you think this is the only London (or indeed UK) 2018 show? Or does he announce another one after this ones has sold out?
    I'm going with a online pre-sale attempt, but realise that I could be in for a let down.
    Personally I think he'll announce a 2nd London gig once this sale is out the way, so as not to dampen enthusiasm for the Southbank show, and get more people to buy memberships with a chance of getting tickets on the 13th.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Personally I think he'll announce a 2nd London gig once this sale is out the way, so as not to dampen enthusiasm for the Southbank show, and get more people to buy memberships with a chance of getting tickets on the 13th.
    I tend to agree, but it's a pain when you don't live in London, and you are trying to plan around it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I was all set to do this but then I started pricing up travel to London from newcastle and almost had a heart attack. It's probably cheaper to go to any other eu gig than to travel in my own country heh. I have to suck it up for the cure 2 weeks later already.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    I tend to agree, but it's a pain when you don't live in London, and you are trying to plan around it.
    Yeah, or in my case where you don't even live in the country or on the continent and are trying to plan this shit lol. I still don't have flights or hotels booked and each day that passes prices go up and good hotels get sold out. I'm holding out to see if I can even get a ticket to this. If I can't, it'll probably depict where my travel literary will take me. Hope I can at least score a ticket. I don't even care where in the venue at this point since I have a GA ticket to Paris. If I'm stuck in a seat at the back, so be it. Least i'll get to see 2 different NIN shows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good luck to everyone trying today...! It's gonna be nervy - I saw this image on Twitter, and this was just for purchasing membership last week, so this isn't gonna be a walk in the park:-

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Damn... Probably should have bought one of those memberships now... Well, NIN pre sale it is for me.

Ya'll got a couple more hours to go. Curious to hear how the Southbank member's pre-sale unfolds.