Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No idea I'm afraid. And any info I have is coming second hand, so take with a pinch of salt. Still, I assume the venue will say between now and the 15th whether "sold out" really means "sold out" - if they're really all gone, then it's not in their interests to have thousands of nin fans clogging up their queue system for no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you live in London get to the venue before 6am on Thursday - earlier if possible! You will get a ticket. Forget the website.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If there's any takeaway from this: HEY NINE INCH NAILS! Look at all this demand Look at all the people who want to see you live! ANNOUNCE MORE DATES PRONTO!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I hope the NIN pre-sale goes a little more smoother than the SBC members one did. Tickets go on sale at 3am my time later on... Guess I'll have to stay up. Hoperfully I'm not sitting in a queue for 1-2 hours. Least I don't work early tomorrow, start later in the afternoon so I can afford to stay up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will calling work for Fan Club presale?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Do you have to create a Southbank Centre account before purchasing tickets? Kind of like how you need to create a ticketmaster account in order to place an order?
    Anyone know? Little less than 6 hours to go...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100).
    Someone earlier in this thread said there were 500 seats for the NIN presale.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    Any idea what the deal is with the rest of the venue? I’m not sure if they’ve just sold out the SB members allocation or whether the NIN presale is literally all that’s left and there will be no general sale.
    There are seats held back for the general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenia_spectre View Post
    Will calling work for Fan Club presale?
    It certainly can't hurt to try while you're waiting for your online queue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Southbank Twitter -
    "Our Members always have the first chance to buy pre-sale tickets, Nine Inch Nails also reserved some tickets for their fans."

"Although we had to stagger the queue this morning due to high demand, there is still good availability for Members tickets for all gigs except Nine Inch Nails."

They don't mention a general release availability, and several people are tweeting them about having taken membership out for nothing.

I think I know already how this is going to go today...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I spoke to box office last week, and they said tickets are held back for general sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    I spoke to box office last week, and they said tickets are held back for general sale.
    Just don't tell that to anyone who spent money on membership yesterday. Judging by reactions on their twitter account anyway!
    I'm likely going to have a frustrating 2 mornings then.....
    I wonder how fan pre-sale goes today if queuing at venue. Seems like you have to click link from email to buy these? No? Takes you to a different holding
    page than the general one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There was never any promise of getting tickets from the membership; that's entirely not the point and if that's the reason you bought it, you messed up, it's on you.

Click the link today I believe, as it shows a promo code when you do!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I had the link open for the last hour and I just refreshed now and i'm in a queue...

What makes it worse is it says this:

We still have tickets remaining for most gigs

limited availability
    My Bloody Valentine

no availability
    Nine Inch Nails

sooooooo, is this pointless? Are we trying for nothing? Fan pre-sale all sold out already?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm hoping it says no availability because they're not available until 10am.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I had the link open for the last hour and I just refreshed now and i'm in a queue...

What makes it worse is it says this:

We still have tickets remaining for most gigs

limited availability
    My Bloody Valentine

no availability
    Nine Inch Nails

sooooooo, is this pointless? Are we trying for nothing? Fan pre-sale all sold out already?
    Is that the link from the email with the promo code? If this is true, it's insane. So we never even had a chance?

I only just opened the link a few minutes ago. Never thought for a second that there'd be a queue before 10am.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Now it says Nine Inch Nails fan pre-sale at 10am...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yurt!!!! Updated message!!!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    and my heart really just started beating faster now...

I'm afraid I didn't get in this queue early enough.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Am I looking at a different page? There's no updated message for me...

I clicked the 'Get Tickets' link in the email.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Clicking the link in the e-mail should have brought you to a secret page that said "nine inch nails pre-sale" or something with the secret code listed.
    But I sat on that page for an hour and then went to take a shower, and when I came out I refreshed it and then it put me in a queue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, my friend, Queue it!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    updated message says:

Message last updated: 09:31

The Nine Inch Nails fan pre-sale starts at 10am

Due to high demand for Robert Smith's Meltdown we are holding all customers in this waiting room. If you would like tickets for anything else, please keep waiting. Thanks for your patience.
    There is no current availability for My Bloody Valentine.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Clicking the link in the e-mail should have brought you to a secret page that said "nine inch nails pre-sale" or something with the secret code listed.
    But I sat on that page for an hour and then went to take a shower, and when I came out I refreshed it and then it put me in a queue.
    Well, shit. I may be screwed. Guess I'll stick around until 10 or so. Maybe I'll get lucky.

It would have been nice of them to say that there'd be a digital queue system. But then their servers may have been overloaded.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Waiting room huh? Guess that means we should all sit in silence, avoiding eye contact, flicking through Caravanning Monthly or whatever. Beginning to wonder whether people can tell that I'm listening to Panorama 2017 on my earphones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There was never any promise of getting tickets from the membership; that's entirely not the point and if that's the reason you bought it, you messed up, it's on you.

Click the link today I believe, as it shows a promo code when you do!
    It does appear to explicitly state that members get first shot at the tickets though. The NIN presale is one thing, but if I’d signed up I’d be pissed off to discover tickets had been held back for general release.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    It does appear to explicitly state that members get first shot at the tickets though. The NIN presale is one thing, but if I’d signed up I’d be pissed off to discover tickets had been held back for general release.
    I agree; I think this is a fundamental flaw with South Bank Membership. I'm members at other clubs and priority should mean priority - or at least the BEST SEATS. I remember someone posted here saying that staff said tickets at all levels were held back.

Also, once again I was online and logged in and refreshing from 8.30am. I by chance clicked the link on my phone about 20 minutes ago and got put straight into the queue. My computer? Still at the same page....

I've taken screenshots this time so will be telling off SBC. If anyone here works in web development, I think you have a new client...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dang missed 9.30am. In digital queue now. I don't hold up much hope though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Crap i just got in line...fudge!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I appreciate that point. I will be somewhat irked if my suspicions of the first 2/3 rows being held back is correct but I anyone bitching for a refund on their membership is unfounded imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still think there will be another London show. It makes no sense, Trent wanting to play a small gig in a strange choice of venue in front of South Bank members only other than to show support to Robert Smith.
    I'm thinking big London headliner announced by end of week, start of next. Just hope it isn't an outdoor festival.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I imagine we'll get a festival date somwhere, though I'm not sure what festivals are left....