Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In a queue to LOG IN.

I think people are misguided if they think SBC doesn't have good ticketing systems - they're using Queue It which is about as good as you can get.

I have now logged in. Wow. No sale til 10 still obviously.

Edit: now in a new queue where it's apparenlty my turn. It is not.
    Last edited by zephyr; 03-13-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post

I think people are misguided if they think SBC doesn't have good ticketing systems - they're using Queue It which is about as good as you can get.
    Yes they go through something similar every year. Also this is southbank members queueing for Meltdown, not NIN fans queueing for an intimate NIN gig. They might all be gunning for My Bloody Valentine or Manic Street Preachers or something

(I do think it's a bit shitty if premium tickets are being held back from SB members for general sale etc... membership should get you a privilege other than spending your money 48 hours early!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will be mildly frustrated if I can't buy top tickets after dropping for the membership to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yes they go through something similar every year. Also this is southbank members queueing for Meltdown, not NIN fans queueing for an intimate NIN gig. They might all be gunning for My Bloody Valentine or Manic Street Preachers or something
    Yeah. Once I was about 5000th in the queue or something and got seats in the sixth row after finally getting to try for tickets 20 minutes after they went on sale!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Will be mildly frustrated if I can't buy top tickets after dropping for the membership to be honest.
    me too, i have 2125 ahead of me, i feel i've got no chance. I'm hoping they're all there for The Libertines

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got a ticket. D30. Either lots was sold out already somehow at the front or they are keeping front row etc for next sales....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't seem to be moving up the queue at all....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    me too, i have 2125 ahead of me, i feel i've got no chance. I'm hoping they're all there for The Libertines
    The Manics and Placebo also sell out venues much bigger than this too. That number is definitely getting split a few ways.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just on my way back from the SBC now. There actually wasn't such a big queue there, though it filled out a bit more in the last hour. The staff said that everyone there should get tickets. I saw while I was waiting that online queue had already gone crazy. Good luck to everyone still trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a ticket. D30. Either lots was sold out already somehow at the front or they are keeping front row etc for next sales....
    Isn’t that the 4th row? Or are you up on the balcony?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It is the 4th row, but nothing was available in front of that and the identical seat was available on the other side - whole thing looked very mirrored.

Not saying I'm unhappy, just hoped for front row like I had with Regina last year.
    Last edited by zephyr; 03-13-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was one of the first to buy tickets and there was nothing available in the first two rows, apparently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ive had 504 in the online queue now for 20 minutes...it hasn't crashed, but that can't be right, can it. Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkurtz View Post
    Ive had 504 in the online queue now for 20 minutes...it hasn't crashed, but that can't be right, can it. Sigh.
    I'm right behind you at 583, been here without moving for an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkurtz View Post
    I've been at 321 since 11. Tried on my phone a minute after and was 3000something and that's not changed either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ah, ok - thanks guys. Good luck all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda prefer the F5 frenzy tbh. At least it feels interactive.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That message saying 'you are almost there' makes me want to punch the screen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is the 4th row, but nothing was available in front of that and the identical seat was available on the other side - whole thing looked very mirrored.

Not saying I'm unhappy, just hoped for front row like I had with Regina last year.
    Does sound suspicious �� I think I was 5th row for her. That is still an awesome spot at least!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    updated to say wait time is now 20 mins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still at 321 and it now says my estimated wait time is 13mins.

I'm also after a ticket for MBV but not sure whether to risk it in the same transaction in case I get stuck in the queue again!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    14 mins now...so at least its moving...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    15 mins now...lol....good way to post build, at least...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I just got an email from Mogwai for a band presale for their Meltdown gig. Same time as the NIN band presale.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    How will the NIN presale work? Will we have to use the Southbank system or will it be different? I haven't tried for any yet this touring cycle

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Will be interesting if the fan presales actually have the top seats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wonder whether I should go in for the fan presale in hopes of front row. Feel a tad guilty doing that but still....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    How will the NIN presale work? Will we have to use the Southbank system or will it be different? I haven't tried for any yet this touring cycle
    Yeah, the link in the email goes to the Southbank ticketing page for the show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Now got a message saying due to high demand we are pausing the queue?? I joined it at 9.58 and it hasn't moved by one person yet! What is everyone doing in there?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Still in nine queue...but got through on the phone - needed 3 tickets and got 2 in row EE and one in CC...a little more than halfway back..that will have to do.