Thread: Kindle Fire Tablet

Texas Panhandle
    374 Post(s)

Kindle Fire Tablet

I don't know how many of you have these things, but if you do, it would be cool to discuss and suggest apps and games, especially considering so many of them are free.

Here are a couple of my favorite "actually free" games:

Alto's Adventure, to me, is fucking incredible. It's an endless runner snowboarding game that's artistically beautify and very relaxing. I got into it when my wife was in the hospital with all those seizures and it REALLY helped me get through it. And then, it becomes challenging -VERY fucking challenging. In fact, I think the final challenge of 250,000 trick points is goddamn near impossible. But yeah, I can't recommend this one enough. I've spent hundreds of hours playing it.

Another is Monument Valley. This game is fucking unreal. You guide a character through gorgeous, mind bending MC Escher -style levels. It's insanely clever and the art and music are just awesome; I've never seen anything like it.
    The only downsides are that, for one, I wish it was longer, and sometimes it feels more like an interactive work of art than a game.
    And the sequel, Monument Valley 2, recently became available for free as well.

So is anyone else interested in talking about games and apps for this device?

59 Post(s)
    I have one of these, but I don't use any games on it cause I never got into playing games on tablets or phones and whatnot. I mostly just use it for reading books and watching netflix in bed. However, your post has made me curious to check these out. The MC Escher one sounds really cool.