Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/
    Too many coincidences... from May 2011!
    Looks like the lyrics from Branches/Bones are taken from this article.

EDIT - Some excerpts from the article:
    I feel Im in the middle and can see Im doing bad stuff but I can see me doing it and not care as well. I dont care more, I dont care about
    especially her so much like a piece of wire but the wires her bones, veins and skin
    Apple get ripped from tress slowly and painfully from branchs, branches are fucking bones
    SARS infected Japanese
    cocksucking chicken wing.
    spiders legs everywhere all over me.

In fact the whole blog references parts of Not The Actual Events. Thoughts? Planned ARG?
    Last edited by Lerxto; 02-21-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    error 404

edit: works now, awesome find
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-21-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    uhhhhh.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    That text is more evidently written on the CD version of NTAE, I've heard on facebook.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/
    Too many coincidences... from May 2011!
    Looks like the lyrics from Branches/Bones are taken from this article.

EDIT - Some excerpts from the article:
    I feel Im in the middle and can see Im doing bad stuff but I can see me doing it and not care as well. I dont care more, I dont care about
    especially her so much like a piece of wire but the wires her bones, veins and skin
    Apple get ripped from tress slowly and painfully from branchs, branches are fucking bones
    SARS infected Japanese
    cocksucking chicken wing.
    spiders legs everywhere all over me.

In fact the whole blog references parts of Not The Actual Events. Thoughts? Planned ARG?
    Wow. there is certainly some connection there. the question now is does this change the perspective of NTAE, that it might just represent the ramblings of a schizophrenic as opposed to an alternate reality/year zero time travel thing? Interesting stuff indeed I must study in greater detail.

Edit: Looking at the names mentioned here I'm guessing the author is Irish. Whatever that has to do with it. But the plot thickens...
    Last edited by astfgyl; 02-21-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, this blog really was written in 2011:
    https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:....wordpress.com

I don't know about such a long-shot planned ARG. I have another theory, based on the "About this blog" post:

"Just rambeling about nothing and everything and also by crazy coincidence about stuff I wrote that I made up that happened in the future to the people. Letters to and about people and entries wrote from parinoia. A bunch of crazy,angry letters I wrote to a friend because she knew I was hallucinating and but I didnt and thought the people were real."
    Maybe Trent red this blog/letters sent to a friend, and took some lines as an inspiration for the EPs.
    The hidden lyrics of Branches/Bones leaves no doubt, he took them from this diary (especially the "cocksucking chicken wing").
    Last edited by Dimitri.; 02-21-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "I wrote that I made up that happened in the future to the people."
    Happened in the future - possibly a Year Zero reference?

A bunch of crazy,angry letters I wrote to a friend because she knew I was hallucinating and but I didnt and thought the people were real.".
    Another direct reference to the EP. Everyone seems to be asleep - not being real.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How did you find this?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In the early days of NIN, Trent always said that most of his lyrics came from his own journal, and except for Year Zero, it seems that he continued to use this system until Hesitation Marks. So, this may be a change in the way Trent gets inspiration for the lyrics, now that he seems to be at peace with himself, he seeks inspiration elsewhere to be able to write lyrics that fit the spirit of NIN.
    (The other option is that Trent wrote this blog, but it does not fit with the fact that in 2011 it already seemed that he had won a good part of the battle with his demons, and that I hope Trent does not have schizophrenia).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 02-21-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's just the link of this sub, this is not in the blog itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The blog wasn't built in 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    It's just the link of this sub, this is not in the blog itself.
    ... You're right....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    The blog wasn't built in 2011

This indicates the time you opened the page in your browser.

Archive.org has the page recorded in 2011, and this can not be faked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can we talk about how the background of the blog looks a lot like the background of the artwork of the Not The Actual Events EP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crap...
    I give up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Can we talk about how the background of the blog looks a lot like the background of the artwork of the Not The Actual Events EP?
    Damn, you're right:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Even the dust really looks like an inspiration for the EP:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So NTAE cover is inspired by a wordpress theme...
    https://fr.wordpress.org/themes/elegant-grunge/

From Russell Mills to Wordpress...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    guys what the hell is going on lol

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    May 26

5 26

5 + 26 = 31

3 * 1 = 3

HL2 Ep3 EP3 CONFIRMED

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    guys what the hell is going on lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The author also has "about me" write up.

" I go periods of time without remembering stuff...but dont notice the time go by...Ill only know when I think what did I do all last Sat and then I dont remember... I lie alot I imagine people and they seem real, I have convos with them in my head and then I'm convinced they are real, these are what I lie about I have a terrible temper sometimes I lash out at people for no reason, especially my boyfriend, I have terrible mood swings,mostly at him Im very good at hiding all this except the mood swings, and these are only directed at a certin few. I used to self harm I had a diary that I wrote crazy stuff in and dont remember writing half of it. Im often parinoid"

So, I really don't know what the hell's happening here, either the author once again accidentally pointed out the future, as they say sometimes happens to them, maybe Trent used this website as an inspiration, for NTAE (plus Add Violence?).

This is really fucking creepy. If the author of this is a real and isn't connected to NIN in any shape or form, I sincerely hope they are doing better now.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that NIN & @kraw meant for us to discover this page, eventually. The inclusion of the extra lyrics (cocksucking chicken wing etc.) would seemingly indicate this, as they're really the only clues to find it. Interesting that the exterior cover art of NTAE is adapted from a generic blog layout scheme used in apparently more than 2000 pages on Wordpress. Whether anyone in the NIN camp is behind writing the page itself, who knows? I somehow doubt it; I think the likeliest explanation is that TR stumbled across it and used some of the words as a source of inspiration for lyrics on the EP, probably as an exercise to write from the perspective of someone in a psychotic/schizophrenic break.

I am currently workshopping a live theatre show, which explores the perspective of a person undergoing treatment/incarceration for schizophrenia. We use the trappings of electro-convulsive therapy as a way to talk about the history of Western medicine's practices in these cases. Here is what an old-school ECT machine used to deliver the shock treatments looks like. Seem familiar?

https://twitter.com/botleysmith/stat...26109474975744
    Last edited by botley; 02-21-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What the hell ?

She didn't even remove the first automatic wordpress post
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 02-21-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: "sometimes I lash out at people for no reason, especially my boyfriend" so he->she ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My theory: Trent or Atticus or whoever googled "cocksucking chicken" as a joke and then found this blog
    Last edited by iamclassic; 02-21-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I just don't think reznor would blatantly steal lyrics from a random's blog. He only does that for nursery rhymes and easy rock.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    What the hell ?

She didn't even remove the first automatic wordpress post
    there are these people out there who aren't straight...you may have heard of them... (this is obviously in reference to your reason for editing your post which doesn't show up when the post is quoted)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there are these people out there who aren't straight...you may have heard of them... (this is obviously in reference to your reason for editing your post which doesn't show up when the post is quoted)
    Certainly, but thinking about it, I don't know how schyzophrenic people handle their gender..

Considering the line "I dont know whos reals anymore or whos in my fucking head", it might be a little bit complicated.