Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What if there are more posts? 7 names were mentioned in two published posts about Jean and Clodagh (Kiki, Conor,Watsey,Cormac + Leona, Ash and Sinead). Maybe, each of those has a dedicated post. These were written, but remain unpublished for some reason. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, doing my once a year ETS login to clarify how and when I found this site.
    I received my CD copy of NTAE (and AV) yesterday, and opened them around 12 AM this morning. In the lyrics booklet for NTAE, there is a line that says "cocksucking chicken wing" and after laughing for about 10 minutes straight, I googled it. This blog was the 3rd or 4th result.
    I immediately sent a link to the site to Hesitation Marks via Facebook messenger, and the rest is history.
    I have no idea what any of it means, I'll leave the rest to you wonderful people! <3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there are these people out there who aren't straight...
    WHAT?????

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    For what it's worth (probably nothing), there are <meta> tags noting article published_time and article:modified_time:
    Hello World, a post that's automatically created when you set up a Wordpress.com site, was published at 2011-05-26T18:25:04+00:00
    About this blog was published at 2011-05-26T18:31:35+00:00 and not edited.
    Clodagh, who wasnt real was published at 2011-05-26T18:37:43+00:00 and edited at T18:59:19+00:00
    Jean,who was real was published at 2011-05-26T21:38:15+00:00 and was not edited.

So the blog was created at 6:25PM (if UTC). The "About" post was created six minutes later at 6:31PM (if UTC). Six minutes later, they published a version of Clodagh, editing it 22 minutes later. Three hours after Clodagh, they published Jean. Then nothing, apparently.

Here is their Gravatar profile. There's no date on here, but I'm guessing creating that profile is part of the setup process of Wordpress.com back in 2011.
    Last edited by Tony; 02-21-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    For context, this would have been before / during /after the Dragon Tattoo recording...no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This reminds me of Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta, which is based on a diary of a person some believe to be schizophrenic. I had a schizophrenic girlfriend two years ago... one of the craziest and most emotional periods of my life. But it was also fascinating experiencing such extreme mental illness firsthand.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Would love to ask Kraw about this. Very interesting. Just wild.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Okay, I found another set of posts from this person, from around the same time (like, the same day).

This is/was a legitimately sick person seeking help.
    Last edited by Tony; 02-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just in case it appears...I left a comment on the most recent entry to see what would happen or if I would get an email, but I think it has to be approved before it's publicly posted. The name is RJ and it just says "I hope you are okay" because I'm not sure if this is TR or if someone's actual blog, so I didn't want to impose. Just in case this is someone's actual blog, I wouldn't encourage too many more people to do the same. I'm pretty active here and have an account of the same name over at Reddit, so if I get some sort of response, I'll share it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    Just in case it appears...I left a comment on the most recent entry to see what would happen or if I would get an email, but I think it has to be approved before it's publicly posted. The name is RJ and it just says "I hope you are okay" because I'm not sure if this is TR or if someone's actual blog, so I didn't want to impose. Just in case this is someone's actual blog, I wouldn't encourage too many more people to do the same. I'm pretty active here and have an account of the same name over at Reddit, so if I get some sort of response, I'll share it.
    I also requested a password reset, which should email the user that created the blog - hopefully not many people have done this, as it would flood whoever's inbox it goes to, and considering the circumstances, might not be a good thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, crap. We should stop considering what @Tony just found. It's fine if it inspired NIN lyrics, but is there a way we can somehow reach TR and ask for some "cryptic" tweet or something if this is a step in the right direction? If it's not, we're going to all feel pretty shitty poking around someone's internet history while they were trying to get some help.

Edit: I tweeted at him twice. One posting the link to this and one posting to the Reddit link as well and asking him to clarify. If anyone else has any ideas on how to reach him or his team, get digging.

Tagging @kraw.
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-21-2018 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Operation: Get Trent's attention bc this could be fucked up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you. Let's NOT message the person from the website until we get clarification that this is related to an ARG/NIN.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    3rd EP is not coming out until you guys get this figured out...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's not part of an ARG people...

At best it's something Trent read once and was interested by

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Okay, I found another set of posts from this person, from around the same time (like, the same day).

This is/was a legitimately sick person seeking help.
    What makes you think that this is the same person besides some alike text/words? Just curious. I don't really like us digging into it like this. A lot of people are mentally ill and post similar stuff.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If this isn’t Trent, then couldn’t there be legal ramifications?...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If this isn’t Trent, then couldn’t there be legal ramifications?...
    I don't think so. The blog isn't copyrighted and if this isn't related to marketing then chances are Trent just stumbled upon the blog like we did and pulled lyrical inspiration from it and didn't expect the fans to poke around that deeply, which is fine. All of that being said, it could be damaging to the person's blog we're posting out on the NINternet for all the fandom to read.

The chicken line is the only thing that really has me thinking the Wordpress could be NIN related.

Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    What makes you think that this is the same person besides some alike text/words? Just curious. I don't really like us digging into it like this. A lot of people are mentally ill and post similar stuff.
    It's posted within the same week the blog went up and the situation is basically the same.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dude who created the WP theme might be worth asking if he has any affiliation or been contacted by Kraw.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't think so. The blog isn't copyrighted and if this isn't related to marketing then chances are Trent just stumbled upon the blog like we did and pulled lyrical inspiration from it and didn't expect the fans to poke around that deeply, which is fine. All of that being said, it could be damaging to the person's blog we're posting out on the NINternet for all the fandom to read.

The chicken line is the only thing that really has me thinking the Wordpress could be NIN related.

It's posted within the same week the blog went up and the situation is basically the same.
    I get that but there millions of people in the US alone with mental illness. the person in the blog knew they had schizophrenia and wrote the blog while well (at least well enough to be coherent in the first post), referring to a diary written off their meds, this other person is asking what is wrong with them and never mentions that diagnosis. You can probably go to any set of forums and find 100s of posts for around that day of the same type of symptoms.

Also, infected japanee btw is also on the blog.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    didn't expect the fans to poke around that deeply.
    Oh, c’mon now!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Trent just stumbled upon the blog like we did and pulled lyrical inspiration from it and didn't expect the fans to poke around that deeply
    Edit: I was inherently wrong, it seems this was all a huge concidence, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by HWB; 02-21-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    This is where I'll disagree, if Trent didn't want anyone to know, he wouldn't have included the "cocksucking chickenwing" on the vinyl and CDs, with other additional lines.

It's the additional lines that prove this, if it wasn't for those secrets on the vinyl and CDs the only thing that would stand out would be "Infected japanese", but that could be seen as a concidence which people would easily forget about and be only creeped out by.

Why would he have included them if he wouldn't want anyone to get curious? If you are curious enough to see these extra lyrics, I assume Trent would know someone would try googling it.

But this is far deeper than that from what we're seeing.
    CORRECT. Clearly NINcamp wanted us to find it eventually. I highly doubt TR would take a mentally ill person's website and plagiarize it for his lyrics.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahdriley View Post
    CORRECT. Clearly NINcamp wanted us to find it eventually. I highly doubt TR would take a mentally ill person's website and plagiarize it for his lyrics.
    And also give out clues which would prove he did so. It'd be a shit-storm in the making

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, just to be clear, we are absolutely 100% certain this couldn't be faked and is, in fact, from a blog originally posted in 2011?

As far as I can see, if we are certain, then we were meant to find this, just as others have said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It would still be nice to know if this was/is a real person, some people are taken off at the thought that this might not be NIN created/related. But... anyway, according to the blog post this person left day after (May 26th, 2011) and was debating telling Claddah, or Clodagh, goodbye.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Dude who created the WP theme might be worth asking if he has any affiliation or been contacted by Kraw.
    Just asked him, along with @kraw .

Not expecting any answers but why not eh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, I really hope a word from any of the creators clears this up before the press starts reporting about NIN exploiting the mentally ill. I bet they'd be more than happy to bring back the Tate house bitching too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Archive.org picked it from 2011, so..
    I guess that's what I'm curious about. I don't really know how archive.org works, but does this imply that the blog and all of its contents originated from 2011? Like it couldn't have been edited more recently or anything?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I get that but there millions of people in the US alone with mental illness. the person in the blog knew they had schizophrenia and wrote the blog while well (at least well enough to be coherent in the first post), referring to a diary written off their meds, this other person is asking what is wrong with them and never mentions that diagnosis. You can probably go to any set of forums and find 100s of posts for around that day of the same type of symptoms.

Also, infected japanee btw is also on the blog.
    I suppose that's all true. I'm with this... The Wordpress blog I'm 98% is NIN related. The Uncommon Forum thing I think is unrelated.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Very interesting and morbid at the same time, i don't think Trent would exploit an ill person's thoughts after what happened with the "Cielo Drive/Le Pig" controversy.

There's always a chance this could be an incredible coincidence...