Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beer!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    a local beer and wine cafe had a $6 "keep the glass" happy hour on Hoegaarden 20oz (!) last night!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.
    After a visit to Weihenstephan last year I finally gave in and bought two bottles. Man what was I utterly dissappointed. I didn't like it at all and so did everyone that I poured a glass for.

On the other hand it's a nice treat to see so many American micro-breweries coming up with excellent output and washing the States' name clean again when it comes to brewing beer. If only these weren't such a bitch to come by here in Germany. So far I only got to drink a KBS and a Samuel Smith Imperial Stout. Both of them were damn fine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite beer at the moment:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bought a 12 pack of Yuengling lager tonight at the local Wegmans, only to have the bagger/cashier drop it on the floor. Got a replacement, though, so not to fear :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So a few things I've tried and picked up since the last post..

I found Dogfish Head Ta Henket, tried it on tap and it was pretty good, definitely not my favorite of theirs but worth trying. I also bought two bombers of it just for the hell of it.

Also finally picked up bottles of Sierra Nevada Estate and Sam Adams Infinium which I haven't tried yet. Heard Estate is awesome and heard mixed but mostly negative things about Infinium but I had to try it for myself.

Looking forward to this month's releases of Dogfish Head.. Noble Rot (a new saison), 2011 World Wide Stout (down to my last two bottles of 2010, and they're not making a 2012 batch..), and Tweason'ale (new gluten-free, strawberry beer).

Next up to try and sitting in my fridge currently.. Dogfish Head 2011 Fort (also not being made in 2012, unfortunately), Brooklyn Monster Ale from 2010 (a barleywine) and Birra Del Borgo/Dogfish Head My Antonia. I've had the DFH version of it brewed in Delaware and it's a really nice pilsner but this is the Del Borgo version brewed in Italy. Cheers!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    well, with Infinium you get at least a pretty decent bottle to put in your collection if you have one. :P