Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 195

Thread: Fragility 1.0 Tour Projections Source Tape

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'd probably leave this to professionals...that looks like something designed to erase and destroy VHS tapes.

    Also, seller has completely stopped responding. Judging by his earlier communications, I honestly believe that he might have forgotten to continue breathing and just died.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Worth noting: the non-PAL version is gone. Not actively listed. Not listed under the seller's completed auctions (I'm assuming it was the same seller). Can't find any trace of it at all.

    Wonder if the cops got involved....

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Worth noting: the non-PAL version is gone. Not actively listed. Not listed under the seller's completed auctions (I'm assuming it was the same seller). Can't find any trace of it at all.

    Wonder if the cops got involved....
    I can still see the auction in My eBay under Ended, I'm pretty sure it ended as scheduled with no bids.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I can still see the auction in My eBay under Ended, I'm pretty sure it ended as scheduled with no bids.
    Can you actually get to the auction page? Or if you click on it, do you get an error?

    I've never seen an auction just disappear before. Even after they end, they're always still available under "completed auctions".

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's still there. It completed with no bidders.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Its been relisted. $500 starting bid. $1000 bin.
    Cant post link on my phone but its definitely there

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    672
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    Its been relisted. $500 starting bid. $1000 bin.
    Cant post link on my phone but its definitely there
    Here

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    USPS is crazy. Tape left the US, landed in Dubai, then transfer flight to Melbourne Australia (my city), it then hopped on another transfer flight and is now in Amsterdam.
    Ive got no idea whats going on anymore lol.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    USPS is crazy. Tape left the US, landed in Dubai, then transfer flight to Melbourne Australia (my city), it then hopped on another transfer flight and is now in Amsterdam.
    Ive got no idea whats going on anymore lol.
    Sweet the Tape must have booked it's own screenings and is now official on TOUR!!!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Sweet the Tape must have booked it's own screenings and is now official on TOUR!!!
    Haha it seems that way.

    Ive sent Leviathant the tracking number as its so unbelivably insane that it arrives at the airport less than a hour drive from my place and now its sitting a 20 hours flight away in Amsterdam. Seriously wtf postal sevice. As long as it arrives intact ill be happy.

    Edit ; and the tour continues. Its in Malasyia now.
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 03-11-2018 at 05:47 PM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Sweet the Tape must have booked it's own screenings and is now official on TOUR!!!
    Wait...
    Tape...WORM?!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,294
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    Haha it seems that way.

    Ive sent Leviathant the tracking number as its so unbelivably insane that it arrives at the airport less than a hour drive from my place and now its sitting a 20 hours flight away in Amsterdam. Seriously wtf postal sevice. As long as it arrives intact ill be happy
    Sometimes the tracking information gets mixed up chronologically... especially if it travelled with a bunch of expedited packages that were all processed through customs at the same time.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,865
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Sometimes the tracking information gets mixed up chronologically... especially if it travelled with a bunch of expedited packages that were all processed through customs at the same time.
    Naaaah, the tracking information is actively updating. This tape, of all things, is going on an unscheduled world tour.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    USPS is crazy. Tape left the US, landed in Dubai, then transfer flight to Melbourne Australia (my city), it then hopped on another transfer flight and is now in Amsterdam.
    Ive got no idea whats going on anymore lol.
    Maybe the tracking info is just wrong. Those might not be the actual events.

    (Also, if the shipping package doesn't say FRAGILE in large letters....missed opportunity.)

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Maybe the tracking info is just wrong. Those might not be the actual events.

    (Also, if the shipping package doesn't say FRAGILE in large letters....missed opportunity.)
    Its just landed in Aus this morning. Airport bingo on where in the world it goes next?
    But seriously, if it doesnt go traveling again it should be in hand in the next few days.

    Edit: it has arrived. Very well packaged so no damage from its tour off the world. Friday afternoon here so cant do much till after the weekend.
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 03-16-2018 at 01:01 AM.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is conversion to MP4 ok.
    Have been in contact with a store.
    They can convert to digital in MP4.
    5 to 7 day turn around time.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    mp4 is good for me

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ive been in email contact. Asked if can do a higher quality conversion. Store is closed till monday so email only atm

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,865
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    The higher the quality, the better - but MP4 is far, far better than anything we've seen so far. Let me know if you're going to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo as well, and if it's alright to promote that via the NIN Hotline. Thanks!

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If you ask for it in a lossless or near-lossless format, then that will make it easier for you to edit and convert to multiple delivery formats without quality loss.

    Editing formats: DVCPRO 50, Animation (100%), Uncompressed, ProRes 422

    Delivery formats: DVD (MPEG-2), MP4 (AVC), HEVC

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    If you ask for it in a lossless or near-lossless format, then that will make it easier for you to edit and convert to multiple delivery formats without quality loss.

    Editing formats: DVCPRO 50, Animation (100%), Uncompressed, ProRes 422

    Delivery formats: DVD (MPEG-2), MP4 (AVC), HEVC
    Going with a different place. https://michaels.com.au/pages/video-...iting-services.
    Law firm wife works at uses it for video conversions so should be ok.
    Dropping it off tommorow. Will ask for the for a lossless format.
    Other place could only do MP4.
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 03-18-2018 at 04:39 AM.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The higher the quality, the better - but MP4 is far, far better than anything we've seen so far. Let me know if you're going to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo as well, and if it's alright to promote that via the NIN Hotline. Thanks!
    Soon as its converted ill get it online and put up a link to files so you can get it on youtube.
    If video transfer is to lossey, i can post it out to you for a another conversion.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    Going with a different place. https://michaels.com.au/pages/video-...iting-services.
    Law firm wife works at uses it for video conversions so should be ok.
    Dropping it off tommorow. Will ask for the for a lossless format.
    Other place could only do MP4.
    Looks good. Just FYI, with the lossless/near-lossless formats, you'll usually end up with files sizes around 30-70 GB per hour, so the transfer place usually likes you to provide a USB flash drive or hard drive to copy the transfer to.

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Looks good. Just FYI, with the lossless/near-lossless formats, you'll usually end up with files sizes around 30-70 GB per hour, so the transfer place usually likes you to provide a USB flash drive or hard drive to copy the transfer to.
    Wife dropped off tape today. Up to two weeks for conversion. Fingers crossed its asap. Soon as ive got usb back in hand. Will upload files and send Admins links to upload to youtube and share with all etc. (Not to savy with youtube uploading)
    I cant wait to see it myself.

    Till then..... the wait .

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    the_tic_delivers

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wife has picked up the tape.
    I havent seen the footage yet but she said it looks alittle grainy, no sound just the projections. Seller listed as has sound. It may be her work pc. Will find out soon as she gets home.
    Will upload it tonight.
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 04-03-2018 at 12:13 AM.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,865
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Any VHS tape that old is going to be a little worse for wear, I think. We'll figure out sound later!

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It has sound, its alittle grainy. Heres avi, uploading mov and mp4 now. Will take alittle will.
    Leviathant get it on youtube :0 , everyone else. ENJOY.

    Avi is 300mb, mov is 3.9 gig and mp4 is 1.3.
    Will update post as uploaded

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xmbl39...ragile_avi.avi


    http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8q99a...ragile_mp4.mp4

    Will put up mov first thing tomorrow, mediafire is taking ages to upload atm
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 04-03-2018 at 06:52 AM.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,294
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Fantastic, thank you so much!

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Fantastic, thank you so much!
    No worries.
    Link works? Uploading mp4 atm.

Posting Permissions