Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fragility 1.0 Tour Projections Source Tape

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    If these are from 1999, I would say just sync them to the London 99 show. Sadly, no La Mer.

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/1999/19991201.html Source 1
    Two relatively great recording from Japan including the 3 tracks :

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2000/20000115.html

There's some amazing stuff but La Mer is never on it :/ (Like in Australia or in the UK, what the hell)

Certainly I can do something decent with these all.

edit : the AATCHB dvd has La Mer, maybe it works with the rest
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 04-08-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So, besides what The Nic sent me, should I think about adding any of the edits to the archive to preserve? Did anyone sync up any of the live versions of the songs to this stuff? Most of this stuff is a bit over my head. I love how meticulous the nin community is.
    Alright so first here's an edit with live versions synced to the projections.

There's La Mer and The Great Below from the And All That Could Have Been DVDs (Fragility v2.0), and The Way Out Is Through from a London FM broadcast of the 1999-12-01 show (Fragility v1.0) :

Full Quality Mega Download

And on Youtube (for preview) :

And now to do a version with full quality audio on the original tape visuals without any video edits
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 04-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

There's La Mer and The Great Below from the And All That Could Have Been DVDs (Fragility v2.0), and The Way Out Is Through from a London FM broadcast of the 1999-12-01 show (Fragility v1.0) :

Full Quality Mega Download

And on Youtube (for preview) :

And now to do a version with full quality audio on the original tape visuals without any video edits
    I had forgotten how fucking annoying all those screaming idiot fuckbags were. WHY ARE YOU CONTINUALLY SCREAMING?! GET EXCITED THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I had forgotten how fucking annoying all those screaming idiot fuckbags were. WHY ARE YOU CONTINUALLY SCREAMING?! GET EXCITED THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    you sound like a blast at concerts. The problem is not me screaming, the problem is the asshat audio guy refuses to turn this shit up to 11.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    you sound like a blast at concerts. The problem is not me screaming, the problem is the asshat audio guy refuses to turn this shit up to 11.
    Um... yeah because I paid a ton of money to have some guy next to me scream the lyrics and unintelligible yells essentially in my ear. I get it, you’re excited, you scream like mad when something epic happens, and applause is great and feeds many performers...

but mid song? Or during the quiet moments in tracks? Nah. Those people are assholes. Sorry.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s not the guy running the soundboard.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Can't hear them very much during the songs on this vid though, or at all. Maybe during the loudest part of TWOIT, but it just adds to the beautiful noise at that point.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    but mid song? Or during the quiet moments in tracks? Nah. Those people are assholes. Sorry.
    What, you mean "YES YOU ARE!!!" isn't the correct lyric after "I am still right here" in Hurt?

Seriously though, I get it - the people next to me couldn't stop talking when NIN played "A Warm Place" and I just wanted to punch them like "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE WITNESSING?"

but if you want me to not scream "FIST FUCK" then you can go fist fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Sorry, let me specify...any song where you can't hear yourself screaming because the music is too fucking loud: scream your fucking genitals out, that's awesome.

Any song where Reznor is playing a piano softly...just...listen to Reznor play the fucking piano softly.

If it takes shreking at top volume to express one's happiness...I don't know...maybe see a doctor?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    if it takes shreking at top volume to express one's happiness...i don't know...maybe see a doctor?
    HE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT TINNITUS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

caps.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Beautiful stuff. I'm considering stuffing a downscaled copy of the split vids onto my iPod, right in my Fragile folder, so I get to enjoy these whenever I listen to that album.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyway here's a version of the tape with the full quality tracks :

Mega Download Link

On Youtube :

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Just FYI, The Way Out Is Through is in mono, which kind of clashes with the stereo audio of the rest of it.

Anyway here's a version of the tape with the full quality tracks :
    Looks good. Did you recompress or process the video in any way? Or just trim off the beginning and end, and mux in the new audio?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Just FYI, The Way Out Is Through is in mono, which kind of clashes with the stereo audio of the rest of it.
    One of those things that exists but probably will never see the light of day is a stereo recording of that concert. It definitely exists - the footage in Fragility 1.0 uses it. I would have expected that the original FM broadcast was in Stereo as well, but that it was taped in mono.

I wish we could infiltrate some of the places where libraries of this material are, and sneak some of it out. Another thing I'd love is a quality copy of the KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas performance - but I'm going off topic here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Looks good. Did you recompress or process the video in any way? Or just trim off the beginning and end, and mux in the new audio?
    Yup this the best recording we have of this track in this era, and it's in fucking mono ! That's why there's a slight silence too, I wanted you to forget stereo and embrace the mono Lol.

But if you listen well, you can hear it becomes stereo when the "drop" happens, because I added a bit of the MTV version in there, and then it slowly fades out (The MTV version is short (1min I think) and bassy, begins a bit before the "drop" to the end so I thought it would work the best like this, for a greater impact. I tried putting it all but the voice of Trent doesn't work good enough with both sources perfectly synced and adjusted).

It's not compressed at all in theory. I tried to keep every bytes.

The only version I edited quite a bit is the one with Live Performances. The AATCHB version of La Mer is a bit different and The Great Below is very much shorter than the normal track, and as you heard, The Way Out Is Through is from a different concert. So I tried to blend it all together, cut a bit of vid between the tracks and the neatest crossfades I could do. But every imagery is in there, I didn't cut a lot. At the beginning and end the fade in is longer and at the end the fade out is very slightly longer. Anyway, in general, I tried to keep the feel of the concert.

The full quality edit is just a minimal amount of edit for it to be like the original audio there was on the tape.

And finally, I remarked that the scan of the tape is a bit faulty and there's every now and then some very slight jump, and the audio is slowly de-synced from the image. It's very small but it's a problem, I think.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    One of those things that exists but probably will never see the light of day is a stereo recording of that concert. It definitely exists - the footage in Fragility 1.0 uses it. I would have expected that the original FM broadcast was in Stereo as well, but that it was taped in mono.
    Whoever put together "And All That Should Have Been" found a stereo source somewhere. "Somewhat Damaged" on that collection is from Brixton, and is in stereo (and sounds amazing). I haven't gone through the other tracks on there to see if others were taken from Brixton too, but they may have been.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's been a long time, but still... A few months ago I had already done a restoration of this tape, and while I knew that it had greatly reduced the noise of the image, I also had the feeling that I might have compromised the quality of the footage a little.
    This new remaster has been much more conservative, trying to improve the image without giving up anything else. I have also added the audio tracks of The Fragile's Definitive Edition. I really think that this is the best I could do to restore this incredible recording. I hope you like it.

Last edited by mauro995; 09-04-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'd really love a copy of this for the archive and have a proper home for it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd really love a copy of this for the archive and have a proper home for it.
    I can send you the master file if you want it.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I can send you the master file if you want it.
    Perfect!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Perfect!
    I've sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    It's been a long time, but still... A few months ago I had already done a restoration of this tape, and while I knew that it had greatly reduced the noise of the image, I also had the feeling that I might have compromised the quality of the footage a little.
    This new remaster has been much more conservative, trying to improve the image without giving up anything else. I have also added the audio tracks of The Fragile's Definitive Edition. I really think that this is the best I could do to restore this incredible recording. I hope you like it.
    Damn good ! Great job

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This has shown back up eBay. Same seller as before so I guess it never sold. Figured it was worth mentioning incase there is still interest in this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Carso...-/113805140569

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    This has shown back up eBay. Same seller as before so I guess it never sold. Figured it was worth mentioning incase there is still interest in this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Carso...-/113805140569
    Whose face is that on image 9?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been playing the Fragility film on mute, while playing the following music in a different tab:
    Sven Libaek - Open Sea Theme
    Sven Libaek - Shark Attack Theme
    Sven Libaek - In The Wave
    Sven Libaek - Sounds of the Deep (from "Inner Space")
    Sven Libaek - Music For Eels (from "Inner Space")
    Mark Mothersbaugh - Ping Island / Lightning Strike Rescue Op

I would love an edit of the Fragility film utilizing the above music, and retitle it The Life Aquatic with Trent Reznor.
    In an ideal world, Meathead would provide the animation... perhaps Trent scuba diving, surfing, kite surfing, sailboarding, snorkeling, kayaking, diving for pearls, etc.

Sven Libaek's Thatcherie (from "Inner Space") is also a great track. So is Solar Flares. So many great tracks by Sven.