Thread: dredg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

dredg

So this is one of my all-time favorite bands. Anyone here familiar with them? I'm actually surprised to find they did not already have an existing thread, though perhaps not unreasonable due to their lengthy hiatus. As it turns out, that hiatus is now over.

The band is back together and in a studio recording new material. No word yet on any kind of expected release date, time frame or touring plans. Just know that they are working and a new album is being made!

Their first four albums are all great. I'm not so into the style of the fifth but they progress a lot between albums. Considering the amount of time that has passed, I have no idea what to expect from new material.

Here's a live set from nearly a decade ago:

Last edited by pulse; 02-09-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Added videos.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's awesome to hear that they are back in action, my bf loves this band. I think we may have watched them at Coachella many years ago, but my mind's a little fuzzy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I used to be very much into them and slowly tuned out after Catch Without Arms. El Cielo is a beautiful album. I recently listened to it and there are a lot of awesome ideas in there.

Are they getting back together for a tour? I'd love to see "It only took a day" live one more time

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I used to be very much into them and slowly tuned out after Catch Without Arms. El Cielo is a beautiful album. I recently listened to it and there are a lot of awesome ideas in there.

Are they getting back together for a tour? I'd love to see "It only took a day" live one more time
    I can't imagine them making a new album and not touring it even if there is no official word on shows yet. You should give The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion another try as I feel it was the last to have their magic. I did see them perform after the release of Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy, but damn, that album was just not my cup of tea save a song or two.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm all in if they go back to any of the sounds from their first four albums, but man if they make another Chuckles, I'm out. El Cielo is one of my favorite albums of all time though, so I would truly love something along those lines in terms of a new album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The production team behind Chuckles was such an promising idea. Totally didn’t execute. From what I heard, El Cielo was always so difficult to play live so with Catch, they tried making it a little “poppier” to make it easier to bring it live. I love it too. But to me Pariah is their perfect album. It balances that earlier stuff with the ability to take it live. Thematically just so amazing too.