Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holidays & Travel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone been to Portland? Planning a trip around the US later this year. I've been to the states a few times before, but never to Portland - so any tips appreciated

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keychainsandsnowstorms View Post
    Anyone been to Portland? Planning a trip around the US later this year. I've been to the states a few times before, but never to Portland - so any tips appreciated
    Excellent food trucks, a used book store that takes up an entire city block, bacon doughnut. Really, what more can you WANT?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Excellent food trucks, a used book store that takes up an entire city block, bacon doughnut. Really, what more can you WANT?!
    mmm delicious book store....perfect thanks, adding that to the list

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keychainsandsnowstorms View Post
    mmm delicious book store....perfect thanks, adding that to the list
    I'd suggest you a hike around the Mt. Hood area, this one is good if you go in the summer: http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide....ine_Lodge_Hike

There's quite a few breweries in town, I'd recommend Lucky Labrador or Rogue.

If you go in the summer you could also catch a soccer game, the Timbers have one of the best soccer followings in the nation (2nd best I'd say, the first one being the Seattle Sounders' fanbase). Even if you don't like soccer, it'd be riveting to watch the PNW soccer atmosphere. And tickets for that shouldn't be prohibitively expensive. The Tillamook cheese factory is also nearby. And Oregon is also wine country, you could do a wine-tasting tour.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 03-09-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I would recommend Berlin, if you like alternative culture, drinking (alcohol unbelievably cheap), food (fresh, massive portions, lots of bakeries) and history. Also easy to get around on U-S Bahn train system.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    I would recommend Berlin, if you like alternative culture, drinking (alcohol unbelievably cheap), food (fresh, massive portions, lots of bakeries) and history. Also easy to get around on U-S Bahn train system.
    I love Berlin, I've been a few times now and everything you say is true. Very cheap for a capital city with plenty to do.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Going to Puerto Rico next week, Palm Springs in April, NYC in May. Vienna and Prague in June. Charmed life- it's about dam time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anyone know any good second hand CD/vinyl shops in Tokyo?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed Prague. Vienna, meh - I guess I never got out of the tourist area.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    This year: Sweden, Birmingham (lol), Cardiff, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Paris, Paris, Lake Garda, Lille, Rennes, Paris.
    Fixed for accuracy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Looking for bar/food/whatever-else-is-fun recommendations in Fort Worth, Memphis, New Orleans, New York (where I'll be seeing @Sarah K *excite*) and Austin!

Ty in advance. And always keen to catch up for a drink if anyones keen!

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Looking for bar/food/whatever-else-is-fun recommendations in Fort Worth, Memphis, New Orleans, New York (where I'll be seeing @Sarah K *excite*) and Austin!

Ty in advance. And always keen to catch up for a drink if anyones keen!
    wish you were coming to chicago

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wish you were coming to chicago
    Me too! It's even worse because NIN are playing there like 10 days before I arrive in the States. Rude, Trent... You could have announced that a bit earlier, lol.

But I have a feeling that I will be back soon.. (not TR "soon" either) So next time

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't find a thread for the west or west coast and I didn't want to make one just in case I missed it, so I'm here...

*drum roll*

I'm strongly considering moving to Arizona. Tempe initially. Pretty soon.

I'd be coming from Ohio. Keep in mind I've lived in California before (2010-2012), and I've been to Arizona a good amount of times throughout my life.

Sure, I've seen some bits on city-data about Tempe and AZ, but I want to see what ETS has on it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amaro; 10-27-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not going anywhere on the holiday. Trying to finish that new Dan Brown book. I've also been procrastinating in my art and music. I left another forum because no one really cared about me and I always got left out of polls and popularity threads. I was gone for 2 weeks and I noticed a thread about where was someone else. Not surprised. I should have time for other things now.