Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Hey, all! I've started writing a column for JoBlo.com, and my latest is on The Social Network. Check it out! http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/why-...al-network-115

You can also check out my previous (and future) installments here: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/author/brian-bitner

Enjoy!
    Thanks for that, I was really surprised how much I liked the film, irrespective of the score. Even my husband liked it and he hates facebook and refuses to go on it.

I'm glad your Matrix review only includes the first film, the sequels were such a let down (well the second one anyway, I didn't bother seeing the third one). I really loved the soundtrack to the Matrix too

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Looking to trade my MINT The Social Network and MINT The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo FYC CDs, both still SEALED, for a copy of The Social Network on vinyl.

EDIT: Or...if anyone is willing to just sell the TSN vinyl outright let me know.

Posted in multiple threads due to relevant items
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-19-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Remember a while ago there was a charity listing with the sheet music for Hand Covers Bruise?

Looks like the buyer got bored of it http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRENT-REZNOR...-/121684441899

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    So I finally got around to watching this film. Really enjoyed it and am pretty convinced it would not be as good without that music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a weird quirk in my vinyl collecting, I like to have the hype sticker accompanying my records as it makes me feel like I'm in a record store as I flip through them. Looking for hype stickers with original shrinkwrap if possible for Gone Girl and the Social Network but a cutout of the sticker would suffice. I know a lot of people consider these useless garnishes and throw them away, but if there's someone here who has no use for them and has begrudgingly held on to them I'd gladly pay. I could hypothetically pick up Gone Girl again on vinyl for cheap but then I have a whole extra copy. The Social Network is way harder to come by, I'm happy just to have it but the hype sticker would definitely satisfy my OCD.

Posting this in a few threads due to relevancy!
    Last edited by thetrivialsublime; 12-27-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    PLEASE for the love of fuck repress this damn thing already!

sorry...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    PLEASE for the love of fuck repress this damn thing already!

sorry...
    i think i've suppressed it already. i read your post with the other meaning of repress and was confused for a minute.
    So what is the situation? Is the record not available?
    I don't collect music anymore.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i think i've suppressed it already. i read your post with the other meaning of repress and was confused for a minute.
    So what is the situation? Is the record not available?
    I don't collect music anymore.
    they did a limited run of vinyl and, even though a lot of them had flaws, they go for a ridiculous amount of money online. pretty sure i remember paying around $30 from the NIN site when it came out.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Blu-ray audio goes for a stupid price online too, right?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The Blu-ray audio goes for a stupid price online too, right?
    • Last Sold:

14 Apr 16
    • Lowest:

$9.99
    • Median:

$44.67
    • Highest:

$168.46
    yes and no, i guess. i mean, that was only, what, $15 when it came out? glad i've still got mine. also really sad that didn't do 5.1 mixes for dragon tattoo & gone girl.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes and no, i guess. i mean, that was only, what, $15 when it came out? glad i've still got mine. also really sad that didn't do 5.1 mixes for dragon tattoo & gone girl.
    Actually just sold my sealed copy of the blu-ray audio for $65 on Discogs. Sold in 8 hours.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone able to help in getting The Social Network For Your Consideration in lossless? Looks like my "FLAC" rip is actually upsampled.

Please PM. Many thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Anyone able to help in getting The Social Network For Your Consideration in lossless? Looks like my "FLAC" rip is actually upsampled.

Please PM. Many thanks!
    Hey, you're here, too!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    arguing with a guy on the nin collecting and trading page on FB about the fact that there was only ever one pressing of TSN vinyl (he thinks they did a "definitive edition" because it's shown as sold out on the current nin website). that page is such a weird mix of people who are either OBSESSIVE collectors or just have NO IDEA what they're talking about, and there's so much misinformation floating around.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    arguing with a guy on the nin collecting and trading page on FB about the fact that there was only ever one pressing of TSN vinyl (he thinks they did a "definitive edition" because it's shown as sold out on the current nin website). that page is such a weird mix of people who are either OBSESSIVE collectors or just have NO IDEA what they're talking about, and there's so much misinformation floating around.
    Guess it would be too easy to check Discogs...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah but dude that blue/red broken/fixed is super rare and valuable

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Guess it would be too easy to check Discogs...
    i know, right? i actually posted a discogs link to prove my point and then people stopped responding.

just like when i posted an image of an ACTUAL discolored spine on FDTS to prove that someone trying to sell one was full of shit. i can't abide people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yeah but dude that blue/red broken/fixed is super rare and valuable
    i laugh so hard every time someone tries to argue that those are legit or "sound fine"

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    correct. i joined that group some time ago. now learned not to reply on everything and delete topics if i'm annoying it. but it's hard to handle with that.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Obsessive collector would know there's only been one pressing. FB is the devil.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thinking about throwing away my month's disposable money on the Social Network OST Bluray, to check out the 5.1 surround mix.

Before I do something I deeply regret, was hoping folks around here could answer a couple of questions - for one, is it actually worth listening to? Does it properly separate the mix? How does it compare to the Downward Spiral and With Teeth 5.1 mixes? And most importantly, I haven't been able to determine the region code. Are they all Region A (the Americas and eastern Asia), were some Region B copies printed or are they all region-free? Need to be sure I can actually play the damn thing.

Also, would much appreciate it if anyone could recommend an application for extracting 5.1 audio from DVDs and Blurays. Having trouble getting my With Teeth DualDisc DVD to play (which, again, might be a region issue), so am looking to just rip the thing to my hard drive, which may also present remixing possibilities.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Thinking about throwing away my month's disposable money on the Social Network OST Bluray, to check out the 5.1 surround mix.

Before I do something I deeply regret, was hoping folks around here could answer a couple of questions - for one, is it actually worth listening to? Does it properly separate the mix? How does it compare to the Downward Spiral and With Teeth 5.1 mixes? And most importantly, I haven't been able to determine the region code. Are they all Region A (the Americas and eastern Asia), were some Region B copies printed or are they all region-free? Need to be sure I can actually play the damn thing.

Also, would much appreciate it if anyone could recommend an application for extracting 5.1 audio from DVDs and Blurays. Having trouble getting my With Teeth DualDisc DVD to play (which, again, might be a region issue), so am looking to just rip the thing to my hard drive, which may also present remixing possibilities.
    how much are you paying? I have a Blu-ray social network that I talked about selling on here a while ago but never got round to

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    All the copies I've seen have been in the £70-120 region. Does it definitely play on UK Bluray systems then?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Does it definitely play on UK Bluray systems then?
    Yes, it's a region-free disc that will play worldwide.

As to the quality of the surround mix, I'd say it's about on par with With Teeth (so, not quite as adventurous as The Downward Spiral's mix; but then again, nothing is). Subtle on some songs, and more immersive on others.
    Last edited by botley; 03-15-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    All the copies I've seen have been in the £70-120 region. Does it definitely play on UK Bluray systems then?
    I am a British person and own it, plays fine

Also I hear there's a rip out there

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I am a British person

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am a British person and own it, plays fine

Also I hear there's a rip out there
    I had not heard that... still not having much luck hearing it either, despite attempting to do so.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Not a score question, but I found a DVD copy of TSN at a thrift store for $2 today. Already seen the movie - are the extras on disc two any good? Worth buying? Normally if I were to actually purchase physical media, I'd go for the highest resolution available. But extras, I'm less concerned with.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Not a score question, but I found a DVD copy of TSN at a thrift store for $2 today. Already seen the movie - are the extras on disc two any good? Worth buying? Normally if I were to actually purchase physical media, I'd go for the highest resolution available. But extras, I'm less concerned with.
    There's an 18 minute featurette entirely about the creation of the score that includes videos of the creation of several tracks as well as early versions of a few tracks, there's a feature that lets you listen to four different mixes/drafts of In the Hall of the Mountain King, and there's a 4 minute featurette about the Swarmatron. Aside from the music, there's the standard behind the scenes stuff and commentary, but there's also a featurette on the cinematography, one on the post processing, and one with several videos and audio tracks of how they made the club scene, which was fascinating.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In Motion modular synth cover...